Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Hibs v Rangers c.1966:

243nga8.jpg

Hibernian 0-1 Rangers, 25th December 1971. A very late goal from Colin Stein won this match for Gers, the last time we played on Christmas Day:

2a67ehz.jpg

Brilliant! A very memorable game for me. Never forget the sheer euphoria when Stein scored in the final seconds after we had rarely been in the game throughout. Missed the supporters bus home too :))

Reactions: ao2
Brilliant! A very memorable game for me. Never forget the sheer euphoria when Stein scored in the final seconds after we had rarely been in the game throughout. Missed the supporters bus home too :))

I hope you had a good bevvy instead mate :D

Always love contributing to these type of threads.

Stanley Matthews playing for Rangers during the war ...
bT54L3l.jpg

My Dad's hero ...
LQbjmD0.jpg

Eric Caldow, Jim Baxter, Jimmy Millar (No it isn't - it's Ralph Brand) and Davy Wilson ...
uCLpwmL.jpg
Just noticed how much Ross McRorie looks like Jim Baxter there.

Yip,he and Bobby Watson went to Fir Park with Peter McLoy moving to Ibrox.
I think Motherwell got the best of the deal as Watson was a terrific player for both us and them.
Big Peter was never a favourite of mine.

Tbf Alex, he won some amount of honours with us, including 2 trebles, ECWC medal.

Well before my time, but I've seen full footage from the 73 cup final and 72 ECWC semi 1st leg in Munich (through a friend who worked in BBC) and big Peter was immense in both those games, particularly coming for every cross ball that came into the box.

Saw off some amount of keepers at Ibrox too, including Martin, Neef, Kennedy, Stewart, Walker, amongst others.

He may not have been a Chris Woods, but he couldn't have as bad as all that Alex surely?

Tbf Alex, he won some amount of honours with us, including 2 trebles, ECWC medal.

Well before my time, but I've seen full footage from the 73 cup final and 72 ECWC semi 1st leg in Munich (through a friend who worked in BBC) and big Peter was immense in both those games, particularly coming for every cross ball that came into the box.

Saw off some amount of keepers at Ibrox too, including Martin, Neef, Kennedy, Stewart, Walker, amongst others.

He may not have been a Chris Woods, but he couldn't have as bad as all that Alex surely?
He had many great performances, cup replay at Easter Road in 1973 and away v Fortuna Dussledorf in 1979 spring immediately to mind,but was prone to horrendous errors as well, way too many for my liking.

Back