Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

In memory of Eric Caldow.

Eric in action in the Scottish Cup Final v Kilmarnock on 23rd April 1960. Rangers won 2-0:

rvbmf5.jpg

Chelsea v Rangers, 16th May 1985. The players line up before the match which was a benefit game in aid of the Bradford City Fire Disaster of 5 days earlier. Chelsea won 3-2:

2625e6x.jpg
Was at that game, you can see in the picture there was no grass on the pitch.
The only grass was in the corner flags.

From what I remember game was only organised on the Monday, game was played just 3 days later on the Thursday, hence the low attendance of 7,500.

Start of the Blues Brothers connection. They sang there is only "one team in Scotland, we responded with there is "only one team in London".

The electric fence Ken Bates had put in the month before hand was on the fences (not switched on)

We were kept behind after the game by the police, Chelsea waited for us to come out and clapped us out as we left the ground.

Not trying to be a smart arse mate but I think we signed Doddie in 1968. I remember my old man raving about him after St Johnstone pumped us 2 0 in the league at Perth a few weeks before we signed hm. Brilliant photos.

Saw him make his debut for us v Clyde at Shawfield November 1968.

I haven't seen this photo before from 1957 and a fine RFC on display too (tonight's Glasgow Evening Times, pic from phone!).

What a fantastic collection of pictures sending me back to so many memories of Rangers most good some not so good ,remember going to my first game 7 years old in doublet bus in faifley. taken with big man called Jimmy Greaves getting lifted over so many time by him.
Winning European cup winners 72 Berwick rangers 67 I think came home greeting threw my scarf in fire I'm noo going back what a wonderful time I've had watching and following Rangers for 60 years and all true legends to many to name who have been blessed to play for our wonderful team aye ready we'll be back.
WATP

my first time in the jungle
place was a shoitehole
the number of Bears with cans of spray paint was hilarious :D

That game was a real battle from memory and I think Morton had a couple of players sent off. I'm from Greenock originally so I enjoyed that one :D

That game was a real battle from memory and I think Morton had a couple of players sent off. I'm from Greenock originally so I enjoyed that one :D
Drew Busby was one and I think the guy Thomson was the other, the park was like a beach with the amount of sand on it

Reactions: ao2
Tbf Alex, he won some amount of honours with us, including 2 trebles, ECWC medal.

Well before my time, but I've seen full footage from the 73 cup final and 72 ECWC semi 1st leg in Munich (through a friend who worked in BBC) and big Peter was immense in both those games, particularly coming for every cross ball that came into the box.

Saw off some amount of keepers at Ibrox too, including Martin, Neef, Kennedy, Stewart, Walker, amongst others.

He may not have been a Chris Woods, but he couldn't have as bad as all that Alex surely?
Would love to see the full 90 minutes of those games. You’re very lucky mate.

Would love to see the full 90 minutes of those games. You’re very lucky mate.

I think the game in Munich is, or at least was, on YouTube. I'd love to know where the guy MearnsUnionist knows got full coverage of the 1973 Scottish Cup Final as it wasn't on TV live and only highlights were on that night and the following day. The BBC archive I guess? I'd pay top dollar for the whole game!

Last edited:
Back