Classic Rangers picture thread

dh1963

The photo in the post with Billy Ritchie saving against Monaco shows a white ball but that may have been a European rule. I think Kai Johansen’s goal in the 1966 Cup Final replay was a white ball past the despairing Ronnie Simpson. To memory I think the 1964 Final against Dundee used the dark ball so I assume mid 60’s is a reasonable guess. Maybe at the request of television??
Very possibly was TV, although not all games were televised back then.
In the days before floodlights, you have to wonder how well spectators could see the dark ball on a miserable winter afternoon.

dh1963

Rangers 3-3 Aberdeen, League Cup Final, 25th October 1987. Robert Fleck's late equaliser means extra time, and Gers famously won on penalties in what was probably the greatest Cup Final I've ever attended (though the 2002 Scottish Cup Final ran it close):

Ian Durrant that day was world class.
We tend to remember the Cooper free kick and the Trevor Francis penalty run up, but Durrant was as close to midfield perfection as you can get.

ao2

Ian Durrant that day was world class.
We tend to remember the Cooper free kick and the Trevor Francis penalty run up, but Durrant was as close to midfield perfection as you can get.

And his goal was a thing of beauty too. What a player he was before that assault. You can only wonder what he might have achieved if it hadn't happened. It's a miracle he came back to any degree and still played in some big wins.

Ali59

The big question is, did we beat them at the quiz? :)

Composer Bill Martin was presumably a Rangers fan. Think he wrote Shang A lang for the Bay City Rollers? If so, he should have stuck to quizzes!
Did they not win it?