Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Rangers 1-0 Celtic, 2nd January 1969. John Greig wins the match with a second half penalty:

35i2d81.jpg

Rangers 3-1 Hearts, Scottish Cup Final, 1st May 1976. Alex MacDonald celebrates the second goal just on half-time and The Treble is on the way:

308xpnn.jpg
I was in that end of the ground that day with my Dad. Thousand of our supporters in that end with the Hearts supporters.(getting soaked).

Still getting likes for photos I've put up which I can't see at this end ?

Been like this since the site got downgraded.

I was in that end of the ground that day with my Dad. Thousand of our supporters in that end with the Hearts supporters.(getting soaked).
I was in the "Kings Park end" also I would say that we had more of us than Hearts fans

Last edited:
I was in the "Kings Park end" also I would say that we had more of us than Hearts fans
was in the open end that day as well, the vast majority in it were Bears. Also don't remember it raining that day?
got in and was walking up the stairs as the gates got pushed in!

was in the open end that day as well, the vast majority in it were Bears. Also don't remember it raining that day?
Yep, it was raining.

(I got a soaking in there but unfortunately it wasn't just the rain - a 'rite of passage ' in those days.)

It pissed down!

We were in the North Enclosure under that funny wee stand on stilts that was there back then.

Always love contributing to these type of threads.

Stanley Matthews playing for Rangers during the war ...
bT54L3l.jpg

My Dad's hero ...
LQbjmD0.jpg

Eric Caldow, Jim Baxter, Ralph Brand and Davy Wilson ...
uCLpwmL.jpg
I remember my father telling me that Davy Wilson played in every position for Rangers during his career including goalie

I remember my father telling me that Davy Wilson played in every position for Rangers during his career including goalie

I knew Bobby Shearer played in goal once at Tynecastle, who did Davie Wilson play in goal against?

The reason my father wore a tie every time we went to see Rangers. Mr Struth instilled a pride in both players and fans alike. It’s our way, it’s only right
My late Dad was the same
The reason my father wore a tie every time we went to see Rangers. Mr Struth instilled a pride in both players and fans alike. It’s our way, it’s only right
My late Dad was the same, shirt and tie following The Rangers.

My late Dad was the same

My late Dad was the same, shirt and tie following The Rangers.
It’s what separates us. We are not a football club, we are an institution, a way of life and Mr Struth epitomised that. Our fathers absorbed it and instilled it in us. No other clubs support could have taken what we have and still stood tall and proud and proclaimed proudly that we are the people and others may say as they will but by god we welcome their chase to attain what we have

Tinypic seems to be useless today and is closing, so it looks like it will have to be Imgur to upload. But in the past I've had problems with that site and some of the photos seem to come out blank. Anyway, here goes!

Rangers 4-0 Celtic, 1st January 1963. Harry Davis's deflected shot loops over Haffey into the net to put Gers one up, much to the joy of Ralph Brand on the right:

QAtqhqB.jpg

Back