Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Ross Kerr, James Brown, Donny Chisholm, Andrew Caldwell, Neil Inglis, Colin Scott, Dave Bowman, David Hagen, Stephen Watson, Derek Rae.

Billy Kirkwood, Rodney Paterson, Jock Martin, Paul Patterson, Mark Fraser, David Nicholson, Robert Skillen, Stuart Ayton, John McGregor.

John Morrow, Neil Caldwell, Charlie Miller, Neil Murray, Derek Crawford, Steven Pressley, Levi Smith, Lee Robertson, Kevin Fotheringham.

Last edited:
It must be after the Dundee United game, the new wall at the top of the stairs didn't go up that soon.
We played Hearts first week into February, 7th I think. Can't recall when the wall went up. Things were a blur for me at that time after the Disaster :oops:

Wee personal memory.One of my proudest memorable moments following Rangers growing up was when George Brown, by then a Director, pinned a club badge onto my lapel when I was around 12 years old returning on a football special train after playing Dundee.
Rangers class! That moment, if any were ever needed,sealed my love for the Rangers forever!
My granda told a story to my old man that he passed down to me.

Back in George Brown's day there was a cartoon in one of the papers and it was of GB combing his hair in his bedroom and a ball rolls out from under his bed and says; 'And what shall we do today Mr Brown?'

GB's left paw was so silky he could make the ball talk.

Rangers v Dundee - Scottish Cup Final: Saturday, 25th April 1964.
Attendance 120,982.
For those of us who were fortunate enough to be at Hampden Park that day this was ranked by many as the finest cup final we had seen. It was a classic between two tremendous sides of that era with Rangers scoring two late goals through Jimmy Millar and Ralph Brand to secure a 3-1 victory.
The photo’s show referee Hugh Phillips with respective captains Bobby Shearer and Bobby Cox;
Bert Slater, the Dundee keeper, saving at the feet of Ralph Brand;
Billy Ritchie being beaten by Kenny Cameron for Dundee’s equaliser;
Jimmy Millar scoring Rangers’ second goal in the 89th minute

I was there that day, 9 years old in the old South enclosure in front of the main stand with my dad. The main thing I remember is the team doing a lap of honour with the blue and white striped top on, everyone around me was going crazy.

Does anyone have a note of all players in this photo? Any help would be appreciated, cheers.
Here you go. Have added this to the original post @crafty fellow

Ross Kerr, James Brown, Donny Chisholm, Andrew Caldwell, Neil Inglis, Colin Scott, Dave Bowman, David Hagen, Stephen Watson, Derek Rae.

Billy Kirkwood, Rodney Paterson, Jock Martin, Paul Patterson, Mark Fraser, David Nicholson, Robert Skillen, Stuart Ayton, John McGregor.

John Morrow, Neil Caldwell, Charlie Miller, Neil Murray, Derek Crawford, Steven Pressley, Levi Smith, Lee Robertson, Kevin Fotheringham.

Last edited:
909-A2-ADB-FCCE-4-B24-8-AB1-A1-A929705989.jpg

Rangers v Dundee - Scottish Cup Final: Saturday, 25th April 1964.
Attendance 120,982.
For those of us who were fortunate enough to be at Hampden Park that day this was ranked by many as the finest cup final we had seen. It was a classic between two tremendous sides of that era with Rangers scoring two late goals through Jimmy Millar and Ralph Brand to secure a 3-1 victory.
The photo’s show referee Hugh Phillips with respective captains Bobby Shearer and Bobby Cox;
Bert Slater, the Dundee keeper, saving at the feet of Ralph Brand;
Billy Ritchie being beaten by Kenny Cameron for Dundee’s equaliser;
Jimmy Millar scoring Rangers’ second goal in the 89th minute

Met Mr Bobby Cox many times when i stayed up in Broughty Ferry before or after Rangers games v Dundee. Man was a true gentleman who always took time to stop for a chat with me and the wife and a real Dundee legend

Here you go. Have added this to the original post @crafty fellow

Many thanks mate, much appreciated.

My granda told a story to my old man that he passed down to me.

Back in George Brown's day there was a cartoon in one of the papers and it was of GB combing his hair in his bedroom and a ball rolls out from under his bed and says; 'And what shall we do today Mr Brown?'

GB's left paw was so silky he could make the ball talk.
A story that sticks in my mind, told to me by my Dad, was that after George Brown had retired from football, he became a teacher and finished up as headmaster at a school on Paisley Road West not far from the junction with Edmiston Drive.

Eric Caldow in his pub, with a picture which is believed to have been painted by one of his regular patrons.

The painting is of him scoring the winning penalty against England at Hampden, 1962.

The first time Scotland had beaten England at Hampden since the war.

Back