Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

FWb6TGXXkAA1Cmt

My old man was adamant he wasn't just the best Rangers centre half he ever saw, but he was the best for anyone.
Similar with my mother. He was her favourite player. She always spoke to me of the injustice of the sine die suspension he received.

Similar with my mother. He was her favourite player. She always spoke to me of the injustice of the sine die suspension he received.
The thing that annoyed my dad most was how that suspension became how people remembered Woodburn. It became the first thing said about him, making his legacy to future generations that of a thug rather than the truth of him being the greatest footballing defender Scotland has produced.

The thing that annoyed my dad most was how that suspension became how people remembered Woodburn. It became the first thing said about him, making his legacy to future generations that of a thug rather than the truth of him being the greatest footballing defender Scotland has produced.
Is he the only player in Scottish football history to be banned Sine Die?

For some obscure reason called the “Bert Slater” final despite Slater and his team getting pumped 3-1.
I mentioned this recently in the Jimmy Millar thread,
For whatever reason, the history books have too often overlooked this great Rangers side's achievement, of winning five consecutive domestic Trophies, at a time when Scotland was blessed with quite a few very good sides, so much so, that they have often referred to this particular historic game as the 'Bert Slater Final', so named after the heroics of the Dundee goalkeeper.
What a load of absolute shite!
When has a final ever been christened after a loser, especially a Goalkeeper who conceded 3 goals, 2 of them in the last 2 minutes, that cost his team the Cup.
Only a warped and extremely jealous media, could contrive such a ridiculous thing.
This was, the Jimmy Millar Final.

Back