Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

I might be wrong here, but this picture looks like after the Lisbon game when we thought we were out after the fiasco of the penalties. If it's not that, it might be in London waiting for the plane after that fiasco at the airport
I'm sure that's after the DWS Amsterdam game 15th Jan 69

I might be wrong here, but this picture looks like after the Lisbon game when we thought we were out after the fiasco of the penalties. If it's not that, it might be in London waiting for the plane after that fiasco at the airport
Not sure when the picture was taken but there is 100% chance of a fiasco.

Your spoiling us here tonight Sir, some wonderful pics this is one of my favourites, glorious player in the classic Rangers strip before we let the kit manufacturers run amoke.
Well spotted on Jimmy Millar.
Davy Wilson, Wilson Wood and Jimmy Millar all lined up for Dundee Utd that day.
Kai Johansen's penalty was the only goal of the game.

We had 200,000 at Ibrox for 3 games in 10 days.
The previous Wednesday we had 95,000 v Celtic in a 1-1 draw,
we had 55,000 for that game v Dundee Utd,
and 50,000 for a 3-0 win v Aberdeen the following Saturday.

Four new players straight into our Starting XI, Sorensen, Penman, Ferguson and Persson.
It was an exciting new Rangers team, that was unchanged for those opening 3 games that season.
Sorensen, Johansen, Provan, Jardine, McKinnon, Greig, Henderson, Penman, Ferguson, D.Smith, Persson.

Four days later we travelled to the Piggery, with Willie Johnston coming in for the injured Persson. With Rangers leading 1-0, we were awarded a penalty with less than 15 mins remaining, and up stepped Kai Johansen to seal the victory. His shot hit the underside of the crossbar and came out.
Celtic scored three in the final 12 minutes.

Brilliant photo first time i've saw that, looks like the've just posed for the pre-season team picture. Ralph Brand on the far left with Billy Ritchie and George McLean (not Dandy) over to the right. Niven, Davis, Wilson and Little in there too.

Four new players straight into our Starting XI, Sorensen, Penman, Ferguson and Persson.
It was an exciting new Rangers team, that was unchanged for those opening 3 games that season.
Sorensen, Johansen, Provan, Jardine, McKinnon, Greig, Henderson, Penman, Ferguson, D.Smith, Persson.

Four days later we travelled to the Piggery, with Willie Johnston coming in for the injured Persson. With Rangers leading 1-0, we were awarded a penalty with less than 15 mins remaining, and up stepped Kai Johansen to seal the victory. His shot hit the underside of the crossbar and came out.
Yes, the photo was definitely the sectional League Cup tie in August shortly after Millar and Wilson had left for Tannadice and this would have been their first appearance back at Ibrox. Jimmy Millar's brother Tommy and Dave Smith's brother Doug were also in the Utd team that day. The two League games that season against Utd were both played back to back on the 3rd and 6th of April. I travelled through to the mid-week game at Tannadice as a teenager on the Hutchesontown supporters bus from the Gorbals to see a 0-0 draw.

Yes, the photo was definitely the sectional League Cup tie in August shortly after Millar and Wilson had left for Tannadice and this would have been their first appearance back at Ibrox. Jimmy Millar's brother Tommy and Dave Smith's brother Doug were also in the Utd team that day. The two League games that season against Utd were both played back to back on the 3rd and 6th of April. I travelled through to the mid-week game at Tannadice as a teenager on the Hutchesontown supporters bus from the Gorbals to see a 0-0 draw.
Yes, a very costly 0-0 draw.
I know most people put it down to the 3-3 draw at Morton a couple of weeks later, that ultimately cost us the Championship that season, but a solitary goal at Tannadice that night, would have guaranteed us the Championship with a home win v Aberdeen on that final day.
Dundee Utd were shite as well, three days prior to our 0-0 draw with them, they had lost 0-5 at home to the Filth.

Remember it well.

Back