Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Rangers 2-0 Steaua Bucharest, Cup-Winners Cup - 17th September 1969. Willie Johnston comes close at Ibrox:

a7K7ZZa.jpg

Rangers 2-1 Celtic, League Cup Final - 24th October 1964. Jim Baxter shows the cup to what's left of the "faithful through and through" scum as the team leaves the field at Hampden - GIRFUY!:

D7BNVnn.jpg
Unfortunately this was the last hurrah of our great team of the early 1960’s. The last winners medals for Jim Baxter, Eric Caldow, Jim Forrest and Ralph Brand.

Rangers 3-0 Raith Rovers - 29th November 1969. Willie Johnston scores the first at Ibrox, in a game played 2 days after the sacking of Davie White:

zSbAUIE.jpg
If my recollection is correct, the fans sang “All we are saying is Lawrence* must go” (To the tune of “Give Peace a Chance”) at the game.

*Chairman John Lawrence who sacked Davie White, Scott Symon, Jim Forrest, George McLean and forced Jim Baxter out the door.

If my recollection is correct, the fans sang “All we are saying is Lawrence* must go” (To the tune of “Give Peace a Chance”) at the game.

*Chairman John Lawrence who sacked Davie White, Scott Symon, Jim Forrest, George McLean and forced Jim Baxter out the door.

Lawrence did a great job as chairman of Rangers - for the scum. He and that board cost us many a trophy in those years, especially between 1965 and 1970, and was a major contributing factor in their 9iar.

Yes indeed and also a song was sung after Scot Symon was sacked previous to White to the tune of "Have I told you lately that I love you" which went 'have we told you Symon that we love you' then some rather uncomplimentary words about Lawrence in an adjoining verse.Turbulent times they were.

Basically the 60/61 team that would have started out the following season the same but would end with McKinnon and Henderson as fixtures and John Greig just around the corner.

Love how the photo basically shows the team line up also.
Is that Paterson between Davis and Baxter in that team photo?

Rangers 2-2 Celtic, Glasgow Cup Final, 10th May 1975. The cup was shared following the draw, a match watched by 70,000 (100,000 tickets were sold but bad weather cut the attendance). There's not many spaces in the Rangers end, unlike the other!:

JLHIelm.jpg

Last edited:
Rangers 1-1 Hibernian, 28th February 1987. I was at this game but have no memory of the fire in the Main Stand (a flare?)!

My memories of this game are of Alan Rough playing out of his skin for them (as he often did against Rangers, not so against the scum) but us still going top that day as they lost 4-1 at Dens Park after being ahead at half-time. We never lost the lead the rest of the season and won the league for the first time in 9 years:

1mRpGqF.jpg

Back