Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Ah...the "football specials" in the 50's.

gn721.png

The big question is, did we beat them at the quiz? :)

Composer Bill Martin was presumably a Rangers fan. Think he wrote Shang A lang for the Bay City Rollers? If so, he should have stuck to quizzes!
Did they not win it?

My earliest cup final memory is my dad coming home after that 1969 disaster and how he kept telling me our day would be soon and we were still the greatest team in the world.

To be honest, I wasn't sure he actually believed the bit about beating them soon.

My earliest cup final memory is my dad coming home after that 1969 disaster and how he kept telling me our day would be soon and we were still the greatest team in the world.

To be honest, I wasn't sure he actually believed the bit about beating them soon.

The galling thing is Davie White's record against them actually wasn't too bad.

It was points dropped to other teams that cost us dearly.

This thread just gets better and better as time goes on. Just when you think you must have seen every old photo of Rangers a whole load of new ones appear on here. Some stunning stuff.

It's fantastic! I found my father in the crowd in a photo that was posted on here of the game in 1945 against Moscow Dynamo at Ibrox. It now has pride of place upon my wall :)

Back