Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

gn829.png
great night at Hampden, 2-0 down to 3-2 winners, against a good Motherwell side

DJ in midfield, has to be the most versatile player of my lifetime. Absolute class at the back, midfield and at centre forward.
Must admit, only recognised 10 if them, forgot Robinson of Dundee.

Very young Hansen and Gray!

That green and grey suits Dalglish perfectly.

DJ in midfield, has to be the most versatile player of my lifetime. Absolute class at the back, midfield and at centre forward.
Must admit, only recognised 10 if them, forgot Robinson of Dundee.

Very young Hansen and Gray!

Double post.

Must be 1973-74. Forsyth wore No 8 that season, was when Rangers reverted back to black socks with red tops.
We won that game 3-1 (MacDonald, Parlane, Conn) after being 1-0 down (Lennox) at H-T, Jimmy Johnston got sent off. Lennox had another goal disallowed. :))
The picture is not from the above game as it was at Parkhead, it's either the home league cup or the league game in September.
The games in the league cup were played with the experimental off side rule that season.
We won the section that year but lost the semi 3-1.

Must be 1973-74. Forsyth wore No 8 that season, was when Rangers reverted back to black socks with red tops.
We won that game 3-1 (MacDonald, Parlane, Conn) after being 1-0 down (Lennox) at H-T, Jimmy Johnston got sent off. Lennox had another goal disallowed. :))
Agree with the season. We lost the League Cup game at Ibrox and then at Parkhead, we were not in the game in the first half. The second half turned completely when wee Alex scored with a screamer of a volley. I remember Alfie Conn scoring but can’t remember Derek Parlane’s goal. I think we finished top of our League Cup section but the top two went through allowing Celtic to sneak into the latter stages.

I can’t remember Jimmy Johnstone being sent off in the Parkhead game but probably my memory is playing up. I do remember Johnstone being sent off in our League victory at Parkhead the following season when Colin Jackson scored the winner.

Agree with the season. We lost the League Cup game at Ibrox and then at Parkhead, we were not in the game in the first half. The second half turned completely when wee Alex scored with a screamer of a volley. I remember Alfie Conn scoring but can’t remember Derek Parlane’s goal. I think we finished top of our League Cup section but the top two went through allowing Celtic to sneak into the latter stages.

I can’t remember Jimmy Johnstone being sent off in the Parkhead game but probably my memory is playing up. I do remember Johnstone being sent off in our League victory at Parkhead the following season when Colin Jackson scored the winner.
All our goals were at the Rangers end , I had the colour pictures from the Sunday mail of all the goals.
I was in the jungle section that day and it's clear in all three goals that bears are in the background.

It was quite common for us to get tickets in the jungle during that era. There is a photo of the aftermath of Colin Jackson’s goal where Cutty Young is hugging big Jackson and away in the background, Tommy McLean is celebrating in front of the Bears in the jungle.

I remember the colour picture of wee Alex’s goal in the Sunday Mail well. Now that would make a great addition to this thread.

It was quite common for us to get tickets in the jungle during that era. There is a photo of the aftermath of Colin Jackson’s goal where Cutty Young is hugging big Jackson and away in the background, Tommy McLean is celebrating in front of the Bears in the jungle.

I remember the colour picture of wee Alex’s goal in the Sunday Mail well. Now that would make a great addition to this thread.
If you Google that game 'The Celtic wiki 'appears it has a number of colour pictures from the game and the match report.
Not sure how to copy , cracking pictures from that day.

The 1968-69 Fairs Cities Cup competition.
Last 16 draw saw Rangers facing Chelsea conquerors D.W.S. Amsterdam, 1st Leg away. The squad were booked into The Hilton Hotel, Amsterdam on the 14th January 1969.

gn846.png

gn842.png

gn845.png

gn847.png

gn850.png

Rangers beat the Dutch side 2-0, goals by Johnston and Henderson. A 2-1 victory at Ibrox (Smith, Stein) sealed it. Rangers then defeated Atletico Madrid in the Q-F (4-3 on aggregate) before losing out to Newcastle Utd in the Semis (0-2).

The 1968-69 Fairs Cities Cup competition.
Last 16 draw saw Rangers facing Chelsea conquerors D.W.S. Amsterdam, 1st Leg away. The squad were booked into The Hilton Hotel, Amsterdam on the 14th January 1969.

gn846.png

gn842.png

gn845.png

gn847.png

gn850.png

Rangers beat the Dutch side 2-0, goals by Johnston and Henderson. A 2-1 victory at Ibrox (Smith, Stein) sealed it. Rangers then defeated Atletico Madrid in the Q-F (4-3 on aggregate) before losing out to Newcastle Utd in the Semis (0-2).

That home game was the first midweek game my dad ever took me to.
Sadly, I remember absolutely nothing about it!

Rangers 3-0 Celtic, 4th January 1975. DJ opens the scoring:

257gd37.jpg

Tommy McLean was fantastic that day, on a mud heap of a pitch.
2 pinpoint crosses for Derek J and Derek P to score the first and third. And a great solo burst through their defence to score the second himself.
This was the day we all really started believing we were finally bringing the title home.

Rangers 2-1 Dynamo Dresden, Fairs Cup, 4th October 1967. Andy Penman fires in a shot in the return at Ibrox:

j5b2ww.jpg

Andy Penman was a favourite of mine. Packed a tremendous shot and could place a pass too. All round excellent player.

Reactions: ao2
Back