Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

It was the BBC archives mate, from a family friend who used to work there.

He sorted it as a present for my dad and uncle.

It's now in Melbourne, with one of their old neighbours who's been very ill.
Would it be possible to get it on to you tube mate?, would love to see that game in full, hope your Dad & Uncles neighbour is doing ok.

Rangers 2-0 Bayern Munich, Cup-Winners Cup SF, 19th April 1972. The teams line-up before the start of this epic match at Ibrox. 80,000 in attendance at The Stadium, 75,000 at the piggery for Celtic v Inter Milan and both games live on TV. I think it's safe to say we will never see a night like this again in Glasgow, more's the pity (the same results would be ideal :))):

2rcvc4z.jpg

Rangers 2-0 Bayern Munich, Cup-Winners Cup SF, 19th April 1972. The teams line-up before the start of this epic match at Ibrox. 80,000 in attendance at The Stadium, 75,000 at the piggery for Celtic v Inter Milan and both games live on TV. I think it's safe to say we will never see a night like this again in Glasgow, more's the pity (the same results would be ideal :))):

2rcvc4z.jpg

The filth's game wasn't live on TV.

2rcvc4z.jpg

Dixie Deans Superstar :D

Anybody got images of the ECWC being paraded at Ibrox the night after the game.As a 12 year old never made to the game but was at Ibrox to see the trophy being paraded. Pissed down too.

Learned something today - never knew that we ever wore blue/white socks.
We wore the blue and white socks that day because there was a colour clash with Aberdeen’s socks, which were red with white turnovers. I think we have worn the blue and white ones since, for the same reason, possibly in the 90’s or early 00’s.

Rangers 3-2 Celtic, 10th September 1977. The comeback is complete! 0-2 down at half-time Gordon Smith has just scored the winner to send the Bears behind the goal mental, and after a stuttering start 1977/78 would turn into one of our very best seasons:

oaqdqs.jpg
That was the first game against the scum

Reactions: ao2
Back