Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Rangers 4-0 Celtic - 1st January 1963. Happy Bears stream out of Ibrox after a comprehensive thrashing of the scum:

aNnpZM1.jpg

Rangers 4-0 Celtic - 1st January 1963. Happy Bears stream out of Ibrox after a comprehensive thrashing of the scum:

aNnpZM1.jpg

My screen saver on my laptop.

Always wondered what game it was from.

Top picture.

Cheers for that.

Reactions: ao2
Rangers end packed in the background

It's all Bears in the crowd here as even the portion of the stand to the right was given over to us, Changed days from now, when they stick us in a corner out of sight of the cameras. And yet they think we should give them back the Broomloan?!

I have a problem seeing the pictures, yet when I go onto my phone its no problem seeing them.
Any hints?

This happens to me sometimes too, even with the photos I upload. Yet when I view a day or so later I can see them. Ever since the site changed over it's not worked properly with photos. Hopefully you'll be able to see them properly now or soon mate.

Rangers 3-1 Hearts - Scottish Cup Final, 1st May 1976. Derek Johnstone makes sure of The Treble with the third goal:

N4BvM1l.jpg
I think DJ scored his first goal that day before 3p.m. Remember it poured down that day. Got in climbing over a wall, massive big guy giving punty ups. Official crowd was about 85,000 but I reckon there was a lot more.

I know my dad, uncle and late grandpa were all there when we beat them 4-2 later in 1968 and the Rangers end was covered then.

My dad said the Rangers fans nearly took the roof off the place that day.

That Davie White team could certainly more than hold their own with the much esteemed Lisbon Lions.

The Rangers teams of the late 60s were very skillful and would have ran away with the league and most of the cups in any other era.

Yes the scum had a great team, the best in their history, but those Rangers teams ran them pretty damned close on many occasions and were also doing well in Europe. A mixture of bad luck, crazy managerial decisions (mostly at boardroom level, not least the panic post-Berwick), unbelievable errors in crucial matches (the League Cup decider in 1967 and the Scottish Cup Final in 1969 especially come to mind), and yes an excellent scum team led by a great manager (who knew), meant that we went 4 1/2 years with nothing to show in the trophy cabinet, but some devastating football nonetheless. To say it was a frustrating period is putting it mildly!

I think DJ scored his first goal that day before 3p.m. Remember it poured down that day. Got in climbing over a wall, massive big guy giving punty ups. Official crowd was about 85,000 but I reckon there was a lot more.

I think the goal was scored at 2:58. For some reason the ref started the game 3 minutes early and there were hundreds still outside when that goal went in, maybe thousands. The crowd definitely looks more than 85,000, which in itself was a huge crowd of course.

I think the goal was scored at 2:58. For some reason the ref started the game 3 minutes early and there were hundreds still outside when that goal went in, maybe thousands. The crowd definitely looks more than 85,000, which in itself was a huge crowd of course.
Big DJ did something similar the previous week in our 1-0 victory at Tannadice. He scored in about 20 seconds from kick off. Great celebrations outside the ground at the end with Alex MacDonald leaning out the dressing window while holding a bottle of champagne.

Big DJ did something similar the previous week in our 1-0 victory at Tannadice. He scored in about 20 seconds from kick off. Great celebrations outside the ground at the end with Alex MacDonald leaning out the dressing window while holding a bottle of champagne.

I remember it well mate. We were expecting to win it at the piggery on the Monday but the scum lost at home to Ayr United and so that goal at Tannadice meat we were Champions.

Sorry the song was "thanks for 2 goals Fallon thank you very much"

I think Willie Johnston put the first between his legs and Kai Johansen's shot squirmed under his body as he was slow to go down on it. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving bitter bastard :))

I remember it well mate. We were expecting to win it at the piggery on the Monday but the scum lost at home to Ayr United and so that goal at Tannadice meat we were Champions.

Monday night game finished 0-0.
We ripped the urine out of them that night.
John Greig took Doyle apart, in fact big John facing us put his hand to his chest making a sign with his hand that Doyle was a tit.
Oh how we lapped it up. :))

Monday night game finished 0-0.
We ripped the urine out of them that night.
John Greig took Doyle apart, in fact big John facing us put his hand to his chest making a sign with his hand that Doyle was a tit.
Oh how we lapped it up. :))

DJ having played as a striker on the Saturday and scored the title winning goal after 22 secs, played at CH that night and put in a MOTM performance. Of course the following Saturday he notched two in the SCF against Hearts.
Quite a week for DJ.

I think Willie Johnston put the first between his legs and Kai Johansen's shot squirmed under his body as he was slow to go down on it. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving bitter bastard :))
Thats my memory of the 2 goals also

Here's Willie Johnston scoring and then celebrating the first:

NiKnwhz.jpg

yVHA8tz.jpg

And a video of Kai Johansen's goal a couple of minutes or so from the end:

Kai hit that like the one at the Hampden replay goal same position but didnt hit it as well as the winning cup goal

Last edited:
Celtic 2-2 Rangers - 2nd January 1968:

5xR4ruU.jpg

Davie White WON 19 of his first 20 League Games in charge, amassing a staggering 39 out of a possible 40 points.
The only 'blemish' being a very credible 2-2 draw at the Piggery on Jan 2nd, which happened to be our THIRD game in only FOUR days, having scored 9 goals in the previous two games (using only 15 players).

Pretty sure that is the pre-season team photo for the start of season 1967-68. This was the last season that we had the white v necked strip and red and black socks. The traditional socks did not re- appear until Jock Wallace brought them back in 1975-76.

Definitely not pre season/start of season 1967-68, as Scot Symon was still the Manager.
Most likely taken in the winter of 67-68.

Back