Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Is that Avi Cohen in the background? Looks like him, but he signed in the summer of 87 and we had the McEwans Lager strip by then.
According to the record books Butcher played every home game wearing No6
Cohen wore it twice...both away
McPherson wore it twice...both away
Dawson wore it three... three .away
Thomson wore twice... twice away GC ties

Supporters leave Ibrox after a game in the 1960s, before the cover went over the Copland Road terracing in August 1966. By the look of the happy faces Rangers won :):

Ufcf1W4.jpg

one if my colourised pics cropped very badly probably to take our my watermark

Sorry mate. I didn't do that and I'll delete it if you want? I got it on Pinterest and there was no source. I'd never crop your watermark off a picture.

I know you didn’t mate, I’ve seen the photo a few times like that . It’s just annoying as the full photo is on here on another thread full of my colourised efforts.

I know you didn’t mate, I’ve seen the photo a few times like that . It’s just annoying as the full photo is on here on another thread full of my colourised efforts.

Cheers mate. I don't remember seeing it on the other thread. There are some devious bastards out there with no shame sadly, too ready to take credit for someone else's hard work.

Didn't know about McKean so had a look at his wiki page. He tragically died at the age of 25 of carbon monoxide poisining.

What was he like as a player?

EYU3rQyXgAE9v6S

Quick, skilful, not scared to get stuck in, direct and an eye for goal.

He was a cracking wee player. Have a look at our 3rd goal in the 1976 cup final to see him at his best.

I won one of the prizes from the match programme.
Numbers were listed in the Monday papers and went over to Ibrox to collect the next day.
On arrival at the main door I was sent up the marble staircase to be greeted by Jock Wallace.
He led me into his office to pick from various prizes, I asked for the whisky for my dad.
He joked I was too young (only 16 at the time) but he still gave it to me.
Great end to a famous season.

A terrific picture of Wuillie Waddell on page 1.My dad told me a great story about him.Torry Gillick I think passed a ball in front of Waddell he stopped dead and didn’t chase after the ball.Turned and shouted “do you think I’m one of your greyhounds?”Don't know why but even now that makes me chuckle.

I won one of the prizes from the match programme.
Numbers were listed in the Monday papers and went over to Ibrox to collect the next day.
On arrival at the main door I was sent up the marble staircase to be greeted by Jock Wallace.
He led me into his office to pick from various prizes, I asked for the whisky for my dad.
He joked I was too young (only 16 at the time) but he still gave it to me.
Great end to a famous season.
I won £50 in the 70s,in the photo competition.

Back