Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

I had moved to Canada at the end of the previous season and planned my trip home in 1981 around us getting to the Cup Final. This game was the last hurdle but we got there by 2-1 I think after suffering a scare against St Johnstone in an earlier round when we came from 1-3 down at Muirton park to take it to a replay at Ibrox. Dundee United 0-0 in the final followed by Coop and Bobby Russell tearing them apart as we ran out 4-1 winners in the replay!
Muirton was 3 2 down as I'm sure we were 2 0 up at one point

Andy Ritchie was a cracking fotballer.

They had a centre forward, Bobby Morrison? who was an out and out ned.
They had a Greenock boy Eddie Morrison for a while. He came back as a coach under the McGraw era for a while (McGraw to this day is a massive Blue Nose Govan boy).

Morrison was the record goal Killie scorer in the modern era as far as I remember. Probably overtaken by a squirrel eating a pie by now to be fair.

They had a Greenock boy Eddie Morrison for a while. He came back as a coach under the McGraw era for a while (McGraw to this day is a massive Blue Nose Govan boy).

Morrison was the record goal Killie scorer in the modern era as far as I remember. Probably overtaken by a squirrel eating a pie by now to be fair.
They definitely had a ned up front. Just looked at the Companion there. Thompson.

Yep it went, 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, 3-3. Won the replay 3-1 with a certain A. McCoist scoring against his future employers!!!
Down 3-2 at Muirton moving into the last minute, I'm sure we either missed a penalty or had a 'goal' chalked off before Redford's last-gasp equaliser.
Wonder if anyone can clarify or maybe I'm havering?

Back