Clean sheet record

I’m under no illusions that this is the greatest achievement in our club’s history. It’s the biggest thing to ever happen in Scottish Football never mind at Ibrox. Considering what happened to us and what we’ve been through 55 trumps everything and will never be surpassed
If you factor in Europe, it is one of the greatest seasons in Scottish football history so far. Still need the cup and at least the semis in the Europa to say best ever. I don't think that's beyond us.

The spfl website on this hasn’t been updated in over a decade . Celtic have beat the record of 22 a few times since then . The current record is 25 not 22
What season did Celtic beat it?

Edit: Just seen season 18/19 they got 24 clean sheets and 25 in 11/12.

So we need 5 in our remaining 11 games to beat it.

We need to conceded 4 goals or less to beat the all time record for fewest goals conceded (which was in an 18 games season).

Last edited:
What season did Celtic beat it?

Edit: Just seen season 18/19 they got 24 clean sheets and 25 in 11/12.

So we need 5 in our remaining 11 games to beat it.

We need to conceded 4 goals or less to beat the all time record for fewest goals conceded (which was in an 18 games season).
What is 38 game record? I would love to beat 12 but feel the end of season dead rubbers might effect it . 15 is Chelsea’s British record for 38 games

What is 38 game record? I would love to beat 12 but feel the end of season dead rubbers might effect it . 15 is Chelsea’s British record for 38 games
OK I checked the stats now.

Record for goals conceded in a 38+ game season is 14.
Record for clean sheets is 25.

So still got 5 more clean sheets to get and can only concede 6 more goals.

The Brendan Rodgers so called invincibles by the biased Scottish media had conceded 8 goals by their 6th league game in September.
We are in February and Rangers have conceded 7 goals in 27 league games.
Its such an incredible stat its beyond belief.

This amazing feat seems to have bypassed the Scottish media.
Bang on.

If this was the Yahoos, they’d be salivating over it every week.

The bitterness towards us is astounding really. We’ve almost single handedly improved the country’s coefficient through our performances in Europe over the past three years, winning an extra CL spot into the bargain.

You’d think they’d be grateful on some level, but they just can’t help themselves.

Shat myself when I read there that we had only scored 45 goals and had 22 games left to play. Then realised this post was started back last year

21 by my count.
You are correct, 13 for Greegs 8 for McLaughlin who is equal 4th in the charts though not played for months.

Adding screenshot

FMwjxVv.png

That's if you ignore 92/93 season

92/93 will always be special. If we had done the treble this season it may even have been surpassed due to stopping the tainted 9 3/4

This season has been superb in Europe too and the league, My best two seasons following the Gers although UEFA Cup final season is a memory not to forget also.

So we've equalled the league record set in 11/12.
Still have Saturday to create a new one.

We now have 33 clean sheets across all competitions which must already be a new record in Scotland, if not Europe.

The clubs previous best of 31 shut-outs in seasons 86/87 (56 games) and 01/02 (59 games) were passed when Rangers beat Celtic 2-0 in the Scottish Cup (51 games).

Saturday will be our 56th and final game of the season.

We now have 33 clean sheets across all competitions which must already be a new record in Scotland, if not Europe.

The clubs previous best of 31 shut-outs in seasons 86/87 (56 games) and 01/02 (59 games) were passed when Rangers beat Celtic 2-0 in the Scottish Cup (51 games).

I would hate for the sheep to %^*& that record, tbh.

They’re woeful from open play, so cut down the set pieces and we should be ok.

Fucking incredible.

Latest posts

Back