Cliche-ridden hat-doffery to them - 2002/03, 2004/05, 2020/21 - Your fave?

Which was/is highly likely to be the most super-awesomest of the two?

• Ha-Hartson LCF, ICT SC exit, Mourinho'd UEFA Final, Sutton Meltdown Day

Votes: 19 10.9%
  • TIAR 80% likely, You've Been Framed fail-fest, CL/UEFA/League/LC LOL-ercoaster, HIM leading it

Votes: 131 75.3%
  • Tims celebrate title win 24/4 Ibrox, Hearts delay a week, Motherwell 9/11 them, we get Helicopter!

Votes: 24 13.8%

• Total voters

SM™

Staff member
Placing this screenshot here and waiting...

1614866461937.png

If posted and there's a thread there's no point in a thread examining it.

The first post would take 10-15mins and an examination of stats, so some smart-arse posting a link within 2 minutes would make that a waste of time...

...so I set a poll up and I'll add to it if it's not been examined already.

Great topic though, from a guy I don't know & wouldn't speak to anyway if I did know him.

I have to go for the latter, purely down to the meltdown and shark throwing of epic proportions by the banjo strummers.

There has been absolutely nothing this season for them to be happy about, opposed to 02/03 in which they had a couple of wins over us and getting to a European final.

It's swayed for me mostly in the performances of this squad and the fact that this is us coming back to a position of strength from the weakest point in our history. This title means more than I ever imagined.

The fact that (unlike their 2002/2003 efforts) this has been coupled with a self inflicted absolute DISASTER and CATASTROPHE of a season is just the cherry on the icing on the cake

If we are referring only to them, it's this one.

Their arrogance and self entitled has caused them to f*ck up in epic proportions both on and off the field. Their support has went nuclear online and outside their midden. Now they are attempting to change the narrative from "all about the 10" to 9 in a row (it wasn't) and quadruple trebles (it wasn't)

2002-03 had them competitive all the way through the season.

With the exception of the Scottish Cup they have been out of the running in every tournament since the end of November.

This season easily. But we can't discount that both will be taken to the grave. I've all but forgotten the last nine years :)
Sutton and Hartson show all the signs of PTSD from Helicopter Sunday and this win will ramp that up.
What makes this season different is that it's been death by a thousand drones. Every week slicing away until the full horror is revealed to them.
Last week on the radio and podcasts, there were still people wonder if that six point gap gets closed in the two OF games "what might happen?" Many of them still haven't accepted it.
We will see full shark-throwing riotous behavior at the porkery in a couple of weeks.
The empty seats next season will tell the story too.

This has been the most epic season ever. Utterly groundbreaking. The highs, for us, and we still haven't reached the top. And for every high, there's an equal and opposite low, and they still haven't reached rock bottom.

Here's to more weeks laden with doom, for the filth, floating in the stinking sewers of hell.

Sorry, got a bit carried away there. Err... option 2.

one was a sharp jab knockout ,the other has been like getting absolutely smashed agaist the ropes for 12 full rounds but can't even get it over with.like a cat teasing a mouse before the inevitable conclusion .this season without doubt and i love their pain :))

Maybe I've misread the poll but the Motherwell helicopter Sunday was the 04/05 season, not 02/03

helicopter sunday was 1 day of monumental meltdown to be followed with aching pain

this season has been a catalogue of disaaaastar - drawn the pain out and intensified it

This season and the reason was they have dreamed of lording it over us with there 10 shite they genuinely believed all they had to do was turn up and they would walk it we have humiliated them on the pitch
We have shown that domestically we are magnificent and in Europe we have disposed of some top teams who have spent big

View attachment 1552

The first post would take 10-15mins and an examination of stats, so some smart-arse posting a link within 2 minutes would make that a waste of time...

Great topic though, from a guy I don't know & wouldn't speak to anyway if I did know him.
"Feels like helicopter sunday every weekend now."

Get that injected into my furry wee veins. :D

lets face it , since 2012, all they have dreamed about was 10iar.
Think about it.
Not really taking joy in the intervening years when anyone would admit, they could have been handed the title at kick off of the first game of the season.
Even the run of trebles (big enough to admit that was an impressive feat btw) were all balled into the 'march to the ten'

This title will surpass anything we have done in my lifetime, for the above reasons, yes, but more so evn, for the fact of where we have come from to do it.

This season and the reason was they have dreamed of lording it over us with there 10 shite they genuinely believed all they had to do was turn up and they would walk it we have humiliated them on the pitch
We have shown that domestically we are magnificent and in Europe we have disposed of some top teams who have spent big
One of them said on their forum that “the ten” would be something they could answer back to us with forever more. If we mentioned titles etc they could just reply with “the ten”. It’s utterly devastated their view of the future. They’re back under our heel and they know it and hate it. Their future is as bleak as their past. Well almost.

You know what they remind me of this season?

Anyone remember The F*cking Fulfords with Lord Francis Fulford?

Fulford hereditary peer, massive house, gardens, big estate, loadsamoney

Such a twat house ends in disrepair, garden like Mikey Carroll's so no visitor dough, huge chunks of estate unused, financial clownery, so cash dwindles and he's buying a £250 metal detector to look for gold coins - and finds a penny!

Lennon inherited similar advantages,

Blows money on diddies, acting like an unhinged mental, at war with his players, blaming them for everything (must be no space left under the Celtic team bus!), only getting away with it because of hereditary victimhood, season of utter twattery, hilarity all the way.

Similar outcome.

Meanwhile we're led by a first-time boss but he's like a potless computer geek who bought Bitcoin at £12...

And we're just about to cash it in.

Lennon's gone, Fulford lives on...

...but we'll never forget to laugh at Neil F*cking Lennon.

(Seriously, watch The F*cking Fulfords if you haven't. It's excellent.)

OP seems to have merged 2 Helicopter Sundays into one? Motherwell was 2005 and is generally what people think of when the term "Helicopter Sunday" is used. Regardless this season tops everything for me including league wins in 1975 and 1987.

OP seems to have merged 2 Helicopter Sundays into one? Motherwell was 2005 and is generally what people think of when the term "Helicopter Sunday" is used. Regardless this season tops everything for me including league wins in 1975 and 1987.
By Christ, I'm getting old.

It's a long while back now. Poll edited.

Last edited:
I should say that although enjoyable, I don't think this one will have the lasting impact.

Other two had tragedy to triumph, twists and turns, hero wins in the end.

Cinematic Oscar-winning stuff.

This year's more a Bafta Winner sitcom.

Alf Garnett going round being a wanker to everyone for ages and getting what's coming to him right at the end.

Not that it lessens it in any way.

Some of us would rather watch Till Death Us Do Part than a Hollywood blockbuster mega-millions thriller.

So I promise I won't use any more TV/film analogies, and I'm going to leave you with Neil Lennon-level c*ntery from Alf. Malcolm Muggeridge as Shane Duffy and everything. Bleedin marv'luss, innit??!!

View attachment 1552

I am absolutely loving their pain. It warms the heart to see it’s so hard for them.

The Smiths - Every day is like helicopter Sunday.
Another funny day,
So lets go on the internet,
And watch them at the piggery gates
While Lennon's fate goes on inside

Some fails are bigger than others
Some fails are bigger than others
This fail's the mother
Of all the fails by the scumf*ckers

But his thoughts...

1614885854506.png

"Over the moor, take me to the moor..."

(Note to Thought Police Scotland - HIS thoughts, not mine, not a threat, I love the guy, he stopped 10-in-a-row, a heroic achievement, I've got £3 if you're collecting for a statue)

Regards,

Morris E Smith,
Legendsville
USA

This is the most important by miles, but the feeling of utter ecstasy when McDonald scored against them on Helicopter Sunday (2005 version) will never be beaten.

I’m married, I’ve got a daughter and even then I can’t honestly say hand on heart I’ve ever had an emotional high like I did when I seen those goals hit the net.

This is the most important by miles, but the feeling of utter ecstasy when McDonald scored against them on Helicopter Sunday will never be beaten.

I’m married, I’ve got a daughter and even then I can’t honestly say hand on heart I’ve ever had an emotional high like I did when I seen those goals hit the net.
I'm on the telly, in the crowd, after Motherwell equalised - trying to tune my mobile phone's radio. No MW on phone, Radio Scotland on Radio Alba. Each week, 58/59 mins, Gaelic kak for half-hour, back to normal around the whistle.

Given my glass-almost-empty approach, even at 1-1 with injury time left I'm thinking of way they've dug out a win all season, Motherwell's record against them, likelihood game would go on until schools go back. Everyone else going mental, I'm twiddling with a radio, dreading them scrambling over the line, and am I giving them extra ammo on top of them getting a second by celebrating?

I hate them so much that was in my mind. So cautious and so hateful.

...then they gobbledygook goes back to the football and Motherwell score a 2nd. Cue smile for 3 days, utter ecstasy, walked up the road, shook hands with the Reverend Andrews.

Imagine an aerial picture of all those Bears, with all those smiles, and Marvin Andrews out the roof of the car in the middle. Massive smiles, tears of joy, stretching all the way down the road. Just beautiful. It's an experience that will live with me forever.

I don't think I'll smile for 3 days this time. It doesn't have that hero beats villain at the end.

But as soon as that 4th point is secured, it's party time anyway.

When cracks started showing in their season I went online one evening and found a big pile of Scottish papers from July, August and September. I stuck them on a cloud drive, just in case...

A full evening. Sometimes ASD/ADHD lunacy gets useful, and I tell you guys. These are f*cking GOLD!

This season was everything to them. "The 10" its consumed them. I honestly cant see them recovering for a very long time. Their 9 in a row "legends" will be treated with disdain.

From the moment we secure the league to the start of next season I will be ramming it down the throats of the Tim's I know

Back