Clive Tyldesley now number 2 commentator at ITV

Tyldesley I could suffer, just.

The commentator I hate the most by a country mile is Jonathan Pearce closely followed by Ian Crocker.

Anyone else would leave the company, he's going to stay. Unless he is getting no.1 money for being a no.2? Or he had a shite contract that allowed his job and salary to change at the drop of a hat.

He is obviously disappointed this has happened but I'm not sure the world was waiting for him to release a video statement about it.

Also not a mention or good luck message to his replacement and there being no hard feelings on his part reeks of bitterness below the surface.

Not nice to happen and he obviously feels a bit humiliated but that video is cringe.

Anyone else would leave the company, he's going to stay. Unless he is getting no.1 money for being a no.2? Or he had a shite contract that allowed his job and salary to change at the drop of a hat.
Decision was made 3 weeks ago, I assume in that time he would have made other broadcasters know the situation and nobody has offered him anything?
Just a thought.

He’s clearly pissed someone off, perhaps the Suzanna Reid comment, who knows. ITV have taken the hump but decided that it would be actionable to dismiss him so they’ve clearly taken the decision to humiliate him and piss him off in the hope that he pisses off.

Sadly we have are stuck with a menagerie of Rangers hating scumbags commentating and offering biased analysis on TV up here & as long as they keep up their bile they know 100% that their jobs are safe.

Just me that was expecting him to stand up like this at the end?

BKVuxuJCMAAtk-p.jpg:large

There goes Clive Tyldesley, I must remember to thank him.

Matterface’s unstoppable rise is inexplicable.
Remember seeing a clip of people trying to do a live to camera piece, with the gallery talking in their ear and chatting to the guest to keep them comfortable and keeping the audience onside, and smiling the whole way through and it looks a fucking nightmare.

If you can do it, and do it well enough, you’re gonna get a load of chances and if you’re seen as a safe pair of hands, you’ll get moved up to somewhere like ITV.

I went right off him after the World Cup in 2018. I get that he's English and it's being broadcast in the UK but his commentating was too over the top for my liking

Good, insufferable prick.

Nonsense. He's been involved in so many iconic footballing moments as a commentator for as long as I can remember. He might mot be everyone's cup of tea, but to call him an insufferable prick is bang out.

I tell you what - when you're abandoned after school & left to make your own way home in the pissing rain, with nothing but a couple of slices of bread for dinner that night and a TV to keep you company, you never forget the reassuring sound of Tyldesley's voice, welcoming you with a warm embrace to enjoy some Wednesday night champions league football with him.

Clive Tyldesley - aye he's not perfect, but he's the closest thing to a father figure I've ever had and it's simply bang out to take cheap shots at him like that. This will turn out to be a big mistake from ITV IMO.

Never heard Liam McLeod?

Makes Mitchell sound like Barry Davies.
I can't mind what BBC Scotland commentator it was but I remember watching a Scottish cup game (I'm pretty sure it involved ICT) and they scored a penalty, the guy waited on the keeper going down and then rolled it into the other side of the goal: fairly standard stuff but probably out of the ordinary in Scotland. And he squealed "GENIUS". There was about 1500 people in the ground. I nearly cringed myself to death at the sheer tin potedness of it.

Reactions: VGM
I can't mind what BBC Scotland commentator it was but I remember watching a Scottish cup game (I'm pretty sure it involved ICT) and they scored a penalty, the guy waited on the keeper going down and then rolled it into the other side of the goal: fairly standard stuff but probably out of the ordinary in Scotland. And he squealed "GENIUS". There was about 1500 people in the ground. I nearly cringed myself to death at the sheer tin potedness of it.

“Russell Anderson stands free with the trophy”

after the sheep lifted the league cup. I still wince when I think of it.

A post 1990 ranking of English commentators for me would go:

1. Davis
2. Moore
3. Tyler (but declined after the Gerrard incident)
4. Drury
5. Motson
6. Champion
7. Pearce

I can even think who the main commentators now are for Sky and the BBC - is that partly they don’t have a ‘main’ one or because they are unremarkable?

Insufferable during England games.

I still think he doomed England in 2010 by his arrogant ‘this might be fun’ commentary after Gerrards early goal. Ended up scraping through the groups and then being pumped by Germany in the last 16:

Love how raging he is in the video.

Not the most professional thing to do is airing a grievance with your employer on social media.

Hope they sack him.

What a laugh his video after that would be.

Insufferable during England games.

I still think he doomed England in 2010 by his arrogant ‘this might be fun’ commentary after Gerrards early goal. Ended up scraping through the groups and then being pumped by Germany in the last 16:

I missed that goal live as ITV cut to an advert on the hd feed when it happened.

Never really liked him as a commentator, especially doing England games, but thought he came over well during the H&H interview a couple of months back.

Back