Clive Tyldesley now number 2 commentator at ITV

Amazing how some of you think nothing happens without somehow being a “leftist diversity ploy” these days.

Surely it must be wearying for some of you old boys? Constantly looking to be offended by the notion that everyone else is offended by something.

Anyway, I actually felt sorry for Tylsley in the video he posts. He just seems like an old man who’s been told the thing he loves most has been taken away. That said I used to find his England commentaries comedically funny. “SHEARERRRRRRR!!!l”. Sounded like he might explode with joy after that winner V Germany in Euro 2000.

Which made the agony of collapse v Romania in the last game even more hilarious.

Thought his video was quite funny actually, made a bit of a bigger deal out of it than he needed to. Guy still has his job and has just been moved aside to freshen things up and he's nearly greetin - get a bit of perspective mate.

Amazing how some of you think nothing happens without somehow being a “leftist diversity ploy” these days.

Surely it must be wearying for some of you old boys? Constantly looking to be offended by the notion that everyone else is offended by something.

Anyway, I actually felt sorry for Tylsley in the video he posts. He just seems like an old man who’s been told the thing he loves most has been taken away. That said I used to find his England commentaries comedically funny. “SHEARERRRRRRR!!!l”. Sounded like he might explode with joy after that winner V Germany in Euro 2000.

Which made the agony of collapse v Romania in the last game even more hilarious.
Amazing how you think that it’s ‘old boys’ that are constantly looking to be perma offended.

Serious lack of understanding into the generations. It is well known that the entitled, hunk and perma offended generation are the millennials.

Amazing how you think that it’s ‘old boys’ that are constantly looking to be perma offended.

Serious lack of understanding into the generations. It is well known that the entitled, hunk and perma offended generation are the millennials.

Nah, I'm pretty sure everyone's at it these days. Like you say the youths see themselves as visionary fighters of an injustice that doesn't exist, and many of the 'old boys' live in fear of an assault on their 'way of life' that isn't really happening.

Anyway, it's by the by, isn't it...Tylsely's getting replaced by another white man. Turned out it wasn't a "Marxist plot" so we can breathe a little easier for now.

Nah, I'm pretty sure everyone's at it these days. Like you say the youths see themselves as visionary fighters of an injustice that doesn't exist, and many of the 'old boys' live in fear of an assault on their 'way of life' that isn't really happening.

Anyway, it's by the by, isn't it...Tylsely's getting replaced by another white man. Turned out it wasn't a "Marxist plot" so we can breathe a little easier for now.
Fair enough and as for the replacement, the clip of him is cringe worthy, incoherent and doesn’t know what to say.

Good to know also that if you write snow flake (as one word) it gets changed to hunk as happened in my post

That video by Tyledesley is right up there as some of the most self-indulgent, self-important nonsense I've ever seen. He's not in the game of football, he commentates on it. Some like his style, some don't. I don't as it happens but I was the same with Motson so what do I know? :) Anyway - taking to the airwaves to moan in the way he did, ridiculous, as if people actually care. I recall Alan Green doing similar on radio commentary. I'd say there is a severe case of commentatoritis doing the rounds and it's symptoms are self-importance and arrogance.

ITV is hardly a hotbed for sports commentary. Apart from horse racing and the odd England game, what do they have?

that article writer does realise that Matterface will come out with the same references?

England at a World Cup, most commentators will have to refer to their win in 1966 because it happened.

Rather listen to Red Clive than the wee child Liam trying to commentate and screaming at the top of his lungs when a team is attacking the Rangers goal

Black lesbian female will take his place

tenor.gif

Another one who’s jumped in with this sh*te before getting their facts straight.

Replaced by a straight, white male. That’ll suit you.

Yes my comment was entirely serious and i should have waited until the full potential panel was released by ITV, please forgive me for i have sinned.

The only thing more tiresome than an English commentator talking about 1966 is a Scottish television viewer moaning about it. Us Scots seem to be world leaders in grievance.

Does anyone really think that if Scotland had won the World Cup in the 60s or 70s that we wouldn't still be talking about it? Of course we would.

Last edited:
What did you call the Irish guy used to do the CL for ITV? He was really good imo, so good I can't remember his name right enough :p

Nonsense. He's been involved in so many iconic footballing moments as a commentator for as long as I can remember. He might mot be everyone's cup of tea, but to call him an insufferable prick is bang out.

I tell you what - when you're abandoned after school & left to make your own way home in the pissing rain, with nothing but a couple of slices of bread for dinner that night and a TV to keep you company, you never forget the reassuring sound of Tyldesley's voice, welcoming you with a warm embrace to enjoy some Wednesday night champions league football with him.

Clive Tyldesley - aye he's not perfect, but he's the closest thing to a father figure I've ever had and it's simply bang out to take cheap shots at him like that. This will turn out to be a big mistake from ITV IMO.

Welcome home daddy.

FFS Clive, get over yourself, love.

BTW, I expected they'd have replaced him with a person of mixed race with no discernible gender. Sorry, no, that would be the BBC.

Can't stand Matterface but for all the football ITV show these days I can't get too worked up over this.

Back