Clive Tyldesley on RTV

greggakd

Is this a permanent fixture, or is he just gonna be doing bits and pieces now? I know last season was a season long agreement, but if he is gonna be our main commentator going forward then thats some going for RTV

Noticed Clive did not mention them by name when GS discussed pre-season tournaments and playing them less than 24hr after a pre-season friendly.

I’m assuming you are taking the piss!

Tom clearly loves Rangers but it’s like having one of us in the commentary box.

Clive is a different level entirely.
Thats what I like about Tom. Clive is a good commentator if you're a neutral but for a club channel I prefer it being someone that actually supporters us.

Well ITV bumped him for the calamitous Sam Matterface... A broadcasting decision now on a par with Fern Cotton doing the Queen's Diamond jubilee.

I can't say I'm too great a fan of Mr 'That wonderful night in Barcelona in 1999' Man U fan, but he's certainly miles ahead of the alternatives.

Is this a permanent fixture, or is he just gonna be doing bits and pieces now? I know last season was a season long agreement, but if he is gonna be our main commentator going forward then thats some going for RTV

I’ve gone from hating Tyldesly
I’ve gone from hating Vlive to loving him. Miller is terrible, no harm to the guy a good bear but come on.

I agree that Tom was better last season but there's a reason why one of them was commentating at Euro 2020 and one wasn't.

I also take the point though that a Rangers fan is more suitable for our in house TV channel.

If we could find someone with Tom's knowledge and passion for the Rangers (not his patter though) and Clive's abilities as a commentator, that would be the perfect scenario imo.

I think Clive has learned well on the job since he first came up last season and is our number one commentator by a mile.

Thought he wittered on to much today. Seemed to speak a load of drivel.10mins all abot Shane Duffy ffs

I agree that Tom was better last season but there's a reason why one of them was commentating at Euro 2020 and one wasn't.

I also take the point though that a Rangers fan is more suitable for our in house TV channel.

If we could find someone with Tom's knowledge and passion for the Rangers (not his patter though) and Clive's abilities as a commentator, that would be the perfect scenario imo.

I think Clive has learned well on the job since he first came up last season and is our number one commentator by a mile.
Can they not have the two together sometimes?

Edit: Forget that idea, must be the voddie kicking in!!!!

I like Clive, he has an authoritative sound to his voice

Thought he wittered on to much today. Seemed to speak a load of drivel.10mins all abot Shane Duffy ffs

Clive does occasionally but so does Tom with his comments about who scored the third goal in a 5-0 win on this day in 1956.

Back to today though and I think that was more down to not much happening on the park.

I wonder how much money are Rangers TV paying him? if you look at the cost involved. Emma Dodds, Neil McCann and Alex Rae then Clive and Gordon commentary. Also a lot more people involved camera crew and the list goes on. Rangers Tv has got much better over there years.

I know this is about who the main man is, however, the person I'll miss most on RTV is Kevin Thomson. Always thought he gave great insight into the running of the club behind the scenes, what was thought of the young players and, last but not least, the pigeons.

Clive is brilliant. Used to hate him, think he's great now. Clearly puts some amount of work into learning about the club and arming himself with little facts that give him credibility, especially with such an obsessive, demanding support as ours. Seems like a decent guy as well, doesn't take himself too seriously. His commentary as we were getting the league trophy were for the ages and it probably wasn't only me who was tearing up.

Clive is brilliant. Used to hate him, think he's great now. Clearly puts some amount of work into learning about the club and arming himself with little facts that give him credibility, especially with such an obsessive, demanding support as ours. Seems like a decent guy as well, doesn't take himself too seriously. His commentary as we were getting the league trophy were for the ages and it probably wasn't only me who was tearing up.
Similar to me. Wasn’t a fan of him at all but he’s a consummate professional and when he was commentating last season it felt like you were watching a proper television broadcast as opposed to a club channel.

My personal prefernce is Tom. Struggled with him a few years back but he grows on you and has actually improved. A Rangers man for RTV !

I prefer Clive, he brings a natural professionalism. Tom sounds like yer mate who you used to think was cool but then you catch him at work using his telephone voice.

RTV, is doing a good job, I just wish they could find a place for the TV cameras, that didn't mean that when broadcasting areas of the pitch that's in shade, the picture wasn't so dark, that it makes it difficult to see what's happening. That's the wee moan over now.

RTV, is doing a good job, I just wish they could find a place for the TV cameras, that didn't mean that when broadcasting areas of the pitch that's in shade, the picture wasn't so dark, that it makes it difficult to see what's happening. That's the wee moan over now.

The replays are chronic, the Ryan Kent offside was shown from behind the goal, and the normal angle wasn't even shown again.

I’ve gone from hating Tyldesly

I’ve gone from hating Vlive to loving him. Miller is terrible, no harm to the guy a good bear but come on.
B-DYour post's a bit of a shambles there but I agree. I never liked him at first but his professionalism's grown on me. I like them both though. It's good to get a wee change. Tom for the mental fan side & Clive for the proper big games. It just gives a bigger sense of occasion.

Tom miller is terrible. Love his passion for the Rangers but I simply cannot listen to his voice. Maybe I have the issue but that's fine. Only so many times I can hear 'The rangers rear guard' or 'Traditional blue shirts, white shorts and black socks'. He doesn't flow with the game, it's like he's a radio commentator.

Clive is the best in the business, the fact we have in on RTV is superb. Liked Gordon Smith as well yesterday.

Back