Clive Tyldsley and Ally McCoist

Tyldesley made some sarcastic comment about how things "had to be right in 2021" - obviously alluding to "wokeness" - in last night's commentary. Just thought it was uncalled for, but then he likes the sound of his own voice, does Clive. When he was dropped as ITV's main commentator last year he made that "why me?!" cringey video. Talk about ego. Also, he didn't exactly have a go at Ron Atkinson for his comments about black players years ago, just said he was "careless".

Tyldesley made some sarcastic comment about how things "had to be right in 2021" - obviously alluding to "wokeness" - in last night's commentary. Just thought it was uncalled for, but then he likes the sound of his own voice, does Clive. When he was dropped as ITV's main commentator last year he made that "why me?!" cringey video. Talk about ego. Also, he didn't exactly have a go at Ron Atkinson for his comments about black players years ago, just said he was "careless".
Wasnt sarcastic at all. Bang on in my opinion.

I think Champion is on networks in the US? possibly ESPN
Don't think I've heard Champion on ESPN, their commentators have been a nightmare so far.

One guy is apparently a Hearts TV commentator who said during Austria v North Macedonia: "Denmark were the favourites yesterday and we saw what happened there," as if "what happened there" didn't involved Christian Eriksen almost dying in front of his teammates.

There was also a pair who were like the USA Soccer Guy account, describing a flying elbow as a "chicken wing action."

I heard Ally’s the co-commentator, for the England v Scotland game, Graeme Souness and Ian Wright are in the studio, and Gary Neville and the Lego eater are on the touch line. Not sure of the commentator or the third studio pundit.

Anyone these days on mainstream media calling out anti- free speech wokeness gets extra browny points from me- actually think Clive is a good commentator. The co commentator on with Mark Pougatch last night was absolute mogadon- sounded as though they’d swallowed a coaching manual

Clive and Ally are great commentators, probably the best pairing.

This has got to be one of the worst tournaments I can remember for commentators and pundits.

Enjoyed listening to Shearer and Lampard doing punditry one game but so many of the others just have honking patter, they just say stupid and/or obvious things.

McCoist is a cracking colour commentator. Why have rangers tv not had him on for a few games? I know he does work for sky but not sure if that’s a full time things rather than a game here and there

Anyone these days on mainstream media calling out anti- free speech wokeness gets extra browny points from me- actually think Clive is a good commentator. The co commentator on with Mark Pougatch last night was absolute mogadon- sounded as though they’d swallowed a coaching manual
We'll said m8

I heard Ally’s the co-commentator, for the England v Scotland game, Graeme Souness and Ian Wright are in the studio, and Gary Neville and the Lego eater are on the touch line. Not sure of the commentator or the third studio pundit.
the commentary team seems to be Matterface/Dixon/Ally

pundits for proper ITV are Keane, Wright, Souness, Neville and Legoeater (yup, him). STV is Raman and that tim boot, Sheelagh with Moyes and Collins as pundits. I expect they will take the ITV commentator team so you should at least hear Ally on the game unless they look for a "Scottish voice" because it's SNP TV

Don't think I've heard Champion on ESPN, their commentators have been a nightmare so far.

One guy is apparently a Hearts TV commentator who said during Austria v North Macedonia: "Denmark were the favourites yesterday and we saw what happened there," as if "what happened there" didn't involved Christian Eriksen almost dying in front of his teammates.

There was also a pair who were like the USA Soccer Guy account, describing a flying elbow as a "chicken wing action."

Mark Donaldson?

the commentary team seems to be Matterface/Dixon/Ally

pundits for proper ITV are Keane, Wright, Souness, Neville and Legoeater (yup, him). STV is Raman and that tim boot, Sheelagh with Moyes and Collins as pundits. I expect they will take the ITV commentator team so you should at least hear Ally on the game unless they look for a "Scottish voice" because it's SNP TV
Unbelievable really

Anyone know if its Clive and Ally for the game on Friday?

Football hasn't been shown on STV for that long I can't remember who the Scottish commentator is.

Football hasn't been shown on STV for that long I can't remember who the Scottish commentator is.
Think the last Scotland-England game was Rob McLean as main commentator for the STV opt-out - but he was on the BBC with McFudden yesterday.

Game was on ITV as part of England's deal (filmed from the North stand side) but STV took the main Sky feed.

Anyone having a dig at the wokes gets my vote.

I doubt STV has the budget to host their own coverage with their own commentators and pundits. I suspect they'll just show the UK-wide ITV offering.

I remember when ITV had the rights to the CL in the late 90s/early 00s that whenever we were in the group stage we would get Archie Macpherson commentating on our games with I think Jim Delahunt hosting.

Whenever they showed English sides it was Clive Tyldesley and Ron Atkinson.

Reactions: TQ3
The amount of female commentators and pundits across both channels needs to be immediately halfed, looked at carefully, then slashed again. The need to be shown to be promoting 50/50 equality at every turn has unfortunately led to a massive drop in standards. No comparison on either channel to the tyldesley/mccoist pairing.

McCoist is a cracking colour commentator. Why have rangers tv not had him on for a few games? I know he does work for sky but not sure if that’s a full time things rather than a game here and there
Coisty and Clive did the Galatasaray game on RTV together, albeit that was the only time last season if memory serves.

I doubt STV has the budget to host their own coverage with their own commentators and pundits. I suspect they'll just show the UK-wide ITV offering.

I remember when ITV had the rights to the CL in the late 90s/early 00s that whenever we were in the group stage we would get Archie Macpherson commentating on our games with I think Jim Delahunt hosting.

Whenever they showed English sides it was Clive Tyldesley and Ron Atkinson.
I used to like Atkinson.

Back