Clive Tyldsley and Ally McCoist

Hartson came out with a cracker yesterday, which I am sure was a revelation to a lot of us.

If a ball is whipped into the box with pace, if you can get your head on it, sometimes the pace takes it into the net.

That right ya knob?

The amount of female commentators and pundits across both channels needs to be immediately halfed, looked at carefully, then slashed again. The need to be shown to be promoting 50/50 equality at every turn has unfortunately led to a massive drop in standards. No comparison on either channel to the tyldesley/mccoist pairing.

Alex Scott can appear on my TV as often as she likes.

Hartson came out with a cracker yesterday, which I am sure was a revelation to a lot of us.

If a ball is whipped into the box with pace, if you can get your head on it, sometimes the pace takes it into the net.

That right ya knob?
He is very boring, his voice drains the energy from the game before it transfers from the TV to my eyes/brain.

Just watched the Russia v Finland,
The pair commentating on that game,
Sounded like the hecklers out of the muppets?

The BBC up till now!
Whole presentation of the competition,
Has been totally shite.
Most of their camera angles you would think you were watching ants?
And that on a 55 inch TV.

Just watched the Russia v Finland,
The pair commentating on that game,
Sounded like the hecklers out of the muppets?

The BBC up till now!
Whole presentation of the competition,
Has been totally shite.
Most of their camera angles you would think you were watching ants?
And that on a 55 inch TV.

The BBC aren’t in charge of camera angles.

Ally is responsible for one of the best pieces of commentary ever, while covering a game at the last World Cup - “Kazan has come a long way since it fell to Ivan the Terrible in 1552” :)). Ally was much loved during that tournament as well. The man does his research, clearly.

Ally and Clive are the best pairing. They are obviously mates, likely a bond strengthened, now that Clive has a new found respect for Rangers and the Scottish game in general since his stint with us. It's the enthusiasm that shines through. They get the balance between informing the fans on the events, the context of the game, while having a bit of a laugh when it's appropriate to do so and they do it just right amount for me. Far too often now, commentators just spew stats and info at you and that can be jarring. Almost as if they've got a checklist of info or data to get out there. Or they swing too far the other way and they only speak in anecdotes or tell too many irrelevant stories.

I used to like Atkinson.
Could always be relied on for mind bendingly meaningless contributions:

Zero-zero is a big score.

Well, Clive, it's all about the two Ms - movement and positioning.

I'm going to make a prediction - it could go either way.

Well, either side could win it, or it could be a draw.

You can see the ball go past them, or the man, but you'll never see both man and ball go past at the same time. So if the ball goes past, the man won't, or if the man goes past they'll take the ball.

We haven't had a strategic free kick all night. No one's knocked over attackers ad lib.

For me their biggest threat is when they get into the attacking part of the field.

You don't want to be giving away free-kicks in the penalty area.

They've certainly grown, the Japanese. I mean grown in stature, playing-wise.

You half fancied that to go in as it was rising and dipping at the same time.

There's a little triangle - five left-footed players.

Ally is responsible for one of the best pieces of commentary ever, while covering a game at the last World Cup - “Kazan has come a long way since it fell to Ivan the Terrible in 1552” :)). Ally was much loved during that tournament as well. The man does his research, clearly.

Ally and Clive are the best pairing. They are obviously mates, likely a bond strengthened, now that Clive has a new found respect for Rangers and the Scottish game in general since his stint with us. It's the enthusiasm that shines through. They get the balance between informing the fans on the events, the context of the game, while having a bit of a laugh when it's appropriate to do so and they do it just right amount for me. Far too often now, commentators just spew stats and info at you and that can be jarring. Almost as if they've got a checklist of info or data to get out there. Or they swing too far the other way and they only speak in anecdotes or tell too many irrelevant stories.
Robbie Savage on co-comms is a nightmare for this. He's clearly got a list of stats in front of him, which he just spouts randomly and totally out of context with what's happening in the game at that time.

Unfortunately I had to listen to Pat Nevin yesterday on 5live , what an absolute bell end.
He spouts the biggest load of crap imaginable.
Super and Clive , a million times better.

I spend more time reading Twitter comments about Super on commentary than I do watching the actual game! The man is a national treasure.

Back