Club 1872 and Jim Traynor request Rangers fans begin the war against BBC Scotland. Now we have Rangers' public backing, how do we fight back?

If they had a collective effort of thousands putting visible pressure on them. With hard facts. It would be hard to ignore.

There must be a journalist/media outlet willing to run with this. Probably south of the border though
You`d think with Traynors past history, he would have a few contacts he could feed a bone to for some favours, but I really can`t see it happen.
That is something the club should be doing over a period of time. Drip feed a few snippets of exclusive news in exchange for a platform to put out point of view across but don`t believe we`ll get any sympathy whatsoever from the media up here. As you say though, surely someone with a Liverpool connection maybe can help us out.

Just having a wee look on the TV Licence Web page.

Seems pretty straight forward and Legal to cancel.

Pasted the info below

Apologies if already posted.

How to cancel your licence
If you’re not eligible for a refund, you can still cancel your licence.
  • If you pay by Direct Debit or all in one go, use our Contact us form. Tell us why you’re cancelling, your current address (and your old address if you’ve moved).
  • Once you’ve done this, make sure you cancel your Direct Debit with your bank, if this is how you pay.
  • If you pay with a TV Licensing payment card: please call us.
Once we have cancelled your licence you can make a No Licence Needed declaration to stop letters being sent to the address for up to two years.

Wonder if we started doing this en mass and stating the obvious reasons that it would finally get dealt with.

Hitting them finciancally is IMO all that will force change.

s admiarble as it would be to see the entire Rangers support go head-to-head with the BBC (and many others) we cannot misrepresent it. The club would drop us like a hot potato, at the first sign of an ugly spat, unless they have openly stated that they would back us ..... which they haven't.

Why would the club 'drop me like a hot potato' if I simply opt out of funding their bigotry?
I appreciate your clarification but I think you're talking out your backside on the above.

Anytime you're ready to answer the question, feel free.
If you aren't able to read between the lines, there's not really much I can do for you.

A Rangers employee has quite explicitly highlighted the bias and told us that the BBC freely admit to treating Rangers differently to every other club.
From the sidelines we have Club1872 and Traynor explaining the need to complain in numbers and even providing a step by step guide.

As I've already stated, it's perfectly clear that Rangers are asking the fans to do their bit.
If you need someone to slap on face paint and shout 'freedom' that's your call.

The rest of us might actually do something instead of waiting for a formal declaration of war.

Give it up chum. You’re either at the wind up or naive.
So we're now going from 'waffle' to 'naive' .....

I've quite simply stated that the club have nowhere openly backed the fans going to war with the BBC.

If you've any evidence to the contrary, feel free to post it.

Fair enough point you have raised, would the Union Bears consider drumming up support from George Square to the BBC Headquarters to Ibrox?

Saturday 16 March at home to Kilmarnock sounds like a plan.

@mdingwall @Southern_Ger @RossMcGill @Papasmurf
That's 3 weeks to get organised, hopefully something can be arranged.
Thanks for adding the tags, hadn't thought to do that.

In the meantime, we can find our MPs details here
https://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/
And MSPs here.
https://www.parliament.scot/parliamentarybusiness/98230.aspx

If you're lucky enough not to be represented by the natsis, then get writing.
Leave the bias out as it'll be dismissed, highlight the fact we are being forced to pay for a service that isn't provided.

So we're now going from 'waffle' to 'naive' .....

I've quite simply stated that the club have nowhere openly backed the fans going to war with the BBC.

If you've any evidence to the contrary, feel free to post it.
It was me who said it was waffle, and I stick by that. Why you're quizzing another poster on something I said is beyond me.

For reasons probably best kept to yourself, you seem determined to drag this thread down.

I'm done replying to you. You're not worth the thread being binned.

The BBC are wounded and in for a hard time now, a certain Mr T Robinson (like him or not) started the process of destroying them earlier today in Salford... the whole corporation is corrupt and out of date and full of exclusive overpaid luvees...

BBC Scotland is a nasty piece of work altogether which is arrogant and biased 100%, they need totalling full stop....

If you aren't able to read between the lines, there's not really much I can do for you.

A Rangers employee has quite explicitly highlighted the bias and told us that the BBC freely admit to treating Rangers differently to every other club.
From the sidelines we have Club1872 and Traynor explaining the need to complain in numbers and even providing a step by step guide.

As I've already stated, it's perfectly clear that Rangers are asking the fans to do their bit.
If you need someone to slap on face paint and shout 'freedom' that's your call.

The rest of us might actually do something instead of waiting for a formal declaration of war.

I'm not interested in what people are reading 'between the lines' - that means zero to anyone. And your assertion that the message is 'perfectly clear' holds no credence either.

If a fan was prosecuted for public disorder or some similar offence, do you think your defence would stand up in court ? 'Rangers told me to do it .... I read it inbetween the lines' ?!

It's utter nonsense, you you accuse me of waffle ?!

Did Stewart Robinson state that Rangers FC formally back the fans going to war with the BBC ?

Do the fans have the backing of the Rangers FC board to do so ?

I said we don't, and you've said it's 'waffle'. If I'm so obviously wrong, feel free to back up your words and show me where any Rangers employee formally gave us the club's backing ?

Until you post something solid, to the contrary, your claims of 'waffle' are indeed just that.

It was me who said it was waffle, and I stick by that. Why you're quizzing another poster on something I said is beyond me.

For reasons probably best kept to yourself, you seem determined to drag this thread down.

I'm done replying to you. You're not worth the thread being binned.

I'm fully aware as to who posted what.

You only have to answer the question - Yes or No.

Have to agree, anything that gets done officially inside Ibrox Stadium through Club 1872 will need to have been passed by the board. Rangers cannot officially say anything or the boat will have flipped with the Scottish FA/SNP/BBC. Everything from now on will have to be done through its supporters organisation Club 1872.

The club are asking for the fans to rally against these organisations wanting to finish Rangers.

I totally get that - the entire thing is in no way lost on me.

My point though, still stands. The club may support what we do. They may wish us well in doing so. They may secretly hope that we are successful in doing so.

But it is not accurate to say that we have their formal support to do so. From a legal standpoint, that could be very relevant if someone was to be arrested / charged / fined / imprisoned or whatever.

From the thread title, it could be implied that we have carte banche to open a war of attrition on the Pacific Quay CSC, and those actions are formally backed by Rangers FC. That quite simply isn't the case and we have to tread carefully in making any claims of that nature.

One of your colleagues will probably think DOB stands for dirty orange b*stard.
More than one in that infested place, seems to me that they might have a biased employment problem with a majority of one kind which is not a genuine reflection of the rest of the population ie. the place is full of compliance officer candidates.

Last edited:
Just having a wee look on the TV Licence Web page.

Seems pretty straight forward and Legal to cancel.

Pasted the info below

Apologies if already posted.

How to cancel your licence
If you’re not eligible for a refund, you can still cancel your licence.
  • If you pay by Direct Debit or all in one go, use our Contact us form. Tell us why you’re cancelling, your current address (and your old address if you’ve moved).
  • Once you’ve done this, make sure you cancel your Direct Debit with your bank, if this is how you pay.
  • If you pay with a TV Licensing payment card: please call us.
Once we have cancelled your licence you can make a No Licence Needed declaration to stop letters being sent to the address for up to two years.

Wonder if we started doing this en mass and stating the obvious reasons that it would finally get dealt with.

Hitting them finciancally is IMO all that will force change.
Money makes the world go round

Tv licensing and starving the Scottish press. Good way to make an impression.

The BBC are wounded and in for a hard time now, a certain Mr T Robinson (like him or not) started the process of destroying them earlier today in Salford... the whole corporation is corrupt and out of date and full of exclusive overpaid luvees...

BBC Scotland is a nasty piece of work altogether which is arrogant and biased 100%, they need totalling full stop....
I regard this also. Any links to this mate?

I have already complained, waste of time, they are “editorially fair” according to them. I replied to say that was unacceptable, I won’t hold my breath.
If you keeping going though it eventually goes to someone outside Scotland. I think we just need to accept the first couple of stages in the complaint process, dealt with by complaints handlers based at Pacific Quay will take us nowhere. They are just necessary steps to having someone kore independent look at it.

Woah, woah, woah there.

James Traynor is not Rangers FC.
He is not an employee of Rangers.
He does not determine the operational policy of the club at Boardroom level.

He is a consultant to the club, who is paid to advise on how the club communicates with the media and other third parties. He has never stated that the Board have expressly indicated to him, that it is their wish to see the fans commence a war of attrition with the BBC. Until someone at boardroom level comes out, and openly declares this to be the case, we do not have 'Rangers' public backing'. And we're on our own until that point.

As admiarble as it would be to see the entire Rangers support go head-to-head with the BBC (and many others) we cannot misrepresent it. The club would drop us like a hot potato, at the first sign of an ugly spat, unless they have openly stated that they would back us ..... which they haven't.
Personally I don't need to be told what to do by Jim Traynor, Tommy Robinson or anybody else for that matter.

I have however cancelled my tv licence telling them I no longer watch or record live tv because I'm sick to death of paying the wages of biased bigots and paedophile harbouring scum.

Not another penny will they get from me.

Just cancelled my DD for the licence fee, then set up a DD for Club1872 with the money. I'm a bit worried as Ive always paid and was always told that I had to but, sick to death of our club being misrepresented.
I was also concerned as a law abiding citizen mate, but I've done my research and sent them a note on their site and won't be speaking to them ever again, simple as that.

A mega protest with banners etc is long overdue at pathetic quay.

Other outlets will pick up on it.

It can't continue
Agreed, Outside Pacific Quay csc and then the city Chambers should be what happens.
Unfortunately we all have to pay the TV license to those bigots and then our council tax to pay for all the improvements to their piggery and all the cheap land around it for them. Bastards

I have already complained, waste of time, they are “editorially fair” according to them. I replied to say that was unacceptable, I won’t hold my breath.
Yep me too got the same generic response. Been back on it but expect the same I will keep going though till I get proper answers

Whatever we do, let's not waste any time contacting or complaining direct to the Scottish wing of the BBC. The individuals there are beyond changing their behaviour.

If writing then go direct to BBC HQ or Ofcom or the DCMS. Write how you feel and specifically state that you dot consider the Scottish BBC to cover Rangers in a fair manner as per the BBC's commitment to fair and accurate reporting. Question why you should pay your license fee for BBC Scotland's active stance to avoid reporting on us fairly. Keep it civil.

Nobody needs to “ march “ etc . It’s been made clear by traynor what the club wants us to do next , without spelling it out .

It's a 5 minute walk from Ibrox!
There's 50000 of us there every other saturday.

Even 10% turning up at Pacific quay gets publicity they don't want.

How many will miss out on a couple of pints to gather there before a match?

The new Rangers fan zone every home game with a march to the stadium will get publicity.

JT said on more than one occasion during that interview that he has a massive dossier of evidence as proof that the BBC are not providing a fair and balanced service. However for me the key point he made was that they are not providing a full service to Rangers supporters. Can the legitimacy of the mandatory license fee be challenged in the courts by say Club 1872?

This would be the first step to challenge the BBC in my opinion!!!!!

There is no regulation. None at all. No law, no regulation, no fag packet scribble anywhere in the land that says you MUST pay a licence fee.

I said it on the other thread. Why do people not get this? Go to the license website and press opt out stating you don’t use their services. They cant force you to pay it ffs.
I hope this is correct. Do we need a lawyer to look at this.

If it is true we need to publicise it at Ibrox by putting out flyers and we could also get it on other Rangers platforms.

If this became common knowledge we would also have none Rangers supporters deciding not to pay.

We could do the BBC some real damage.

If it is true we need to publicise it at Ibrox by putting out flyers and we could also get it on other Rangers platforms.

If this became common knowledge we would also have none Rangers supporters deciding not to pay.

This is the course of action in my view but a few hundred will have no impact really we need this to be thousands. We need co ordination something we ain't really been very good at or at least not been in past. We have a real opportunity here to have a seismic impact

Good stuff

Is there some sort of freedom of information request you can do regarding recruitment policies/trends in a public funded organisation?

Looking from the outside in it could seem the likes of BBC Scotland & Glasgow City Council etc. have a disproportionate level of people in decision making positions from one demographic in Scotland?

It reminds me of the funding scandal between Coatbridge and Airdrie in the 90's.

Proper organising and backing by us the fans and we can make a real impact.

A mega protest with banners etc is long overdue at pathetic quay.

Other outlets will pick up on it.

It can't continue

1000’s of fans walk past Pacific Quay every home game and the supporters bus parking area is adjacent to the BBC Scottish HQ so we could quite easily leave 1 hour early and have a demo each home game

Heckle any one going in and out the building and also get more publicity and demand fair and balance reporting

Club1872 need to organise something and I’m sure these demos would get good attendances.

Back