Dear Member,

The following have been elected to the Board of Club 1872:

Laura Fawkes
Joanne Percival
Stuart MacQuarrie
Iain Mullholland
Bruce Taylor
Euan Macfarlane

Please click here to login and view each candidate's application and personal statement.

With six applicants for the seven available places, all have been elected without a contest.

The election was overseen by Alasdair Morrison and Andrew Jenkin from Supporters Direct.

Alasdair Morrison said:

“I am grateful to Andrew Jenkin from Supporters Direct for his guidance during the election process. We have to undertake a few formalities with Companies House to formalise the appointment of the elected Board, as directors of Club 1872 and associated companies.

The application forms completed by the new Board members have been uploaded to the website. In due course, an evening meeting for Club 1872 members to meet the Board, will be arranged. The Board will also be meeting with the Club 1872’s six working groups. I am sure I speak for the entire membership in wishing our new Board the very best, as they develop the reach and influence of Club 1872.”

Club 1872

A poisoned chalice ?

I'd read it more that plenty are happy to run their mouths off saying "It's a poisoned chalice" and "It's clear what the fans think of it" than taking the time to get themselves on the board to make a difference.

Good luck to them i want Club1872 to be a massive success but it feels like with only 6 applying some credibility has been lost.
With 7 places available we should be hoping for around 20 applicants i think.
Can't blame people for not applying at the same time though, i can only imagine all the time it takes up not to mention the abuse thrown at you.

James Blair decided not to continue. His expertise will be missed. However, given the issues with independence that cropped up its probably right. I think he had already stated he wouldn't stay around long anyway.
The new board have good statements and experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Club1872 was running with 3 members prior to the election and praise must go to Laura and Joanne along with James Blair who have organised sub-groups and settled Club1872 after others baled out.
Remember these people are volunteers with jobs to do during the day so stop the bitching and either support them or join!!!

Hardly, they keep coughing up monthly.

When you look at the vile abuse anyone standing up for our club gets from our own support it's a wonder anyone bothers to get involved.
That’s why I’m asking is a poisoned chalice? Also criticise them and you get banned which does not endear them to a lot of fans

Good luck to all in a role where you are open to all sorts of abuse, usually from those who aren’t even members.

James Blair decided not to continue. His expertise will be missed. However, given the issues with independence that cropped up its probably right. I think he had already stated he wouldn't stay around long anyway.

He was only staying for the 1st year to help out IRC

Good luck to those elected

James stated he would only stand for the first year of C1872

He was only staying for the 1st year to help out IRC

Good luck to those elected
James stated he would only stand for the first year of C1872
Thanks for clarifications.
I think the new board are a talented group who can take C-1872 from strength to strength. Anyone reading the thread who is thinking about joining go right ahead and sign up! The strength of our supporter's organisation will be massively beneficial to our club.

I and many others would have stood and would have brought differing skills to the table. The main reason for not doing so was the amount of abuse levelled at those willing to put their head above the parapet.

We have supporters who are well known to many, who actively contacted members of Club 1872 Boards employers and the regulatory body that governs said individual to complain about 1872 related business. Anyone who thinks that is acceptable and should be accepted as volunteering for a group like 1872, is welcome to a role. It really bothers me that folk are put off by this but as a support, we really are our own worst enemy. Those who think the petty name calling has gone away need only look at those formerly of a RF persuasion continuing to have a pop at the new board on social media. It is pathetic and until it stops and we unite as a support, we will stagnate.

Club 1872 Board Elections 2017
Dear Member,

The following have been elected to the Board of Club 1872:

Laura Fawkes
Joanne Percival
Stuart MacQuarrie
Iain Mullholland
Bruce Taylor
Euan Macfarlane

Please click here to login and view each candidate's application and personal statement.

With six applicants for the seven available places, all have been elected without a contest.

The election was overseen by Alasdair Morrison and Andrew Jenkin from Supporters Direct.

Alasdair Morrison said:

“I am grateful to Andrew Jenkin from Supporters Direct for his guidance during the election process. We have to undertake a few formalities with Companies House to formalise the appointment of the elected Board, as directors of Club 1872 and associated companies.

The application forms completed by the new Board members have been uploaded to the website. In due course, an evening meeting for Club 1872 members to meet the Board, will be arranged. The Board will also be meeting with the Club 1872’s six working groups. I am sure I speak for the entire membership in wishing our new Board the very best, as they develop the reach and influence of Club 1872.”

Club 1872

Having a look through the people on the new Club 1872 board, they seem to be a good selection of hardworking, talented people that have good working experience of the organisation. I'm hopeful that the group will continue to grow and become stronger.

Only 6 apply out of thousands of members that tells you what members think of Club1872
I'd say it's more down the abuse thrown at bears trying to some good. An unpaid role to receive abuse and folk to pry into your life is not something people tend to go for.

Is that the reverend Stuart MacQuarrie the club chaplain? I don't think anyone will give him any abuse otherwise......hell mend 'em!

Not good that not only there weren't enough folk to give the members a vote, but there aren't even enough to fill the 7 Board positions. I'd say the abuse in the past towards some who have stuck their head above the parapet is certainly a factor. Also, I think that 6 out of the 7 Directors resigning at various points in the very first year of Club 1872's existence didn't help. Last year the organisation looked like complete and utter chaos.

I wonder how the membership will feel about having a Board they didn't get the chance to vote for. There must have been at least double that number of candidates last year.

Best of luck to them, I hope it's a success.

I have never met Joanne Percival. However, I have watched her over the years as she helped run the trust and now Club1872. When I see a person like her on board then I know we will never be wronged.

Back