Club 1872 Director's Resignation

Imagine David Edgar on the board of the RST as we went through everything we are at the moment? He would relentlessly be going fucking tonto at the board and chastising them at any given opportunity until change happened or we got transparency/explanations.

Compare and contrast with club1872 during this shit show of a last few years?

I have no reason to doubt what the OP says and there's certainly been smoke for a while about this issue; I didn't believe it initially but I'm coming round to it now.

What I will say is that Club1872 is worth saving, even if that's with a change of leadership. It's a unique opportunity to control the club and safeguard our future forevermore, if we take it. That may mean other fans taking an activist stance and changing the C1872 board. If the current incumbents are useless, then all the more reason to take out or maintain a subscription and ensure the necessary changes are made.

We don’t need a ANOTHER group. They have a great platform that can and should be built upon.
Its glaringly obvious alot of bears aren’t keen on club 1872 and didn’t sign up initially. Now members are losing confidence in the organisation. Once all trust is gone there won’t be any coming back from it. If this is to work then something needs done now to stop this rot. Do you have any suggestions?

People come, people go.

Happens in all organisations.

Happens more often in new organisations.

People need to put things in perspective rather than going haywire every time something happens.

Nah ,not having that at all

There's an all too common theme with rangers fans groups

The reasons for going are more concerning . Not this people come people go weak excuse

Question for the o.p, what are you seeking to achieve here?

Apart from embarrassing the Rangers support?
Probably trying to let members know why he has resigned like is their right and let the broader support know that he thinks Club 1872 isn’t working with the supporters best interests at heart. He has every right to say what he has said and I thank him for it. Others may want to stick their heads in the sand and pretend everything is allright untill it goes tits up and then ask why no one came out and said anything.

... honestly. I mean, I know nothing of the OP or anyone mentioned. Could be 100% true, could be utter manure made up by someone with a chip on their shoulder.

Truth is that all I do know is that I have even less interest in signing up to Club1872 than before I read it and I had little to zero interest before.
Same here, what the OP says might well explain why this organisation is so out of touch with average supporters who have real concerns about this board and want them made known. I can see why their subscription figures are so low.

I'd far rather have lads from supporters busses, people who were on the pitch fighting the Hibs scum, the UB etc challenging the board than Club 1872. At least there's a bit of fight in them.

We seem to have almost a class war in our support. The normal fans, people who travel to every game home and away don't get their voices heard, yet fans who can afford it seem to get on these types of boards.

I cancelled my subscription two weeks ago after that woeful statement Club 1872 released (which was basically just an advertisement for more donations).

As a group they are far too weak and if they ever want to progress then they’d adopt a more militant attitude and stop tiptoeing around the issues for fear of upsetting the directors.

They could learn a thing or two from the UB.
Can I ask how you went about cancelling?
I have been meaning to for a while but don’t know how. The payment is neither a standing order or a DD.

I cancelled my subscription two weeks ago after that woeful statement Club 1872 released (which was basically just an advertisement for more donations).

As a group they are far too weak and if they ever want to progress then they’d adopt a more militant attitude and stop tiptoeing around the issues for fear of upsetting the directors.

They could learn a thing or two from the UB.
The unfortunate things about leaving C1872 is you can't vote for change.
I've been impressed with C1872's projects. The director who resigned is Iain Mullholland. He has been able to complete work on a proposal for "Walking Football" which will be put to members soon.
It's a shame to hear conflict is still around on the C1872 board. I do think there is something to the claims in the OP that Club 1872 don't hold Rangers to account strongly enough when representing members wishes.
I'll keep this in mind when it comes to voting for new directors. I won't be voting for the proposal to extend director terms beyond one year.

Club 1872 have been far from impressive lately but this post is in danger of coming across as someone airing a personal grievance against people he doesn’t get along with.

Grow up the lot of you. We need you. We need to you to work. This isnt the first time squabbles have played out.

Im sorry about your illness and wish you well recovering. As for the rest of Club1872, shape up or get out and let others do it properly. Sick of the arse kissing and in fighting.

‘On the fence’ would be the best way to describe it.

That is truly baffling, given the degree of support there is for moving the tramps.

Do you think Club1872 just don't want to ruffle board feathers, Papasmurf?

If so, it would suggest to me that this fans group has got WAY too close to the board and that a conflict of interests may be in play.

Why is their gender relevant? I’d have Leeann Dempster as our MD in a heartbeat.

Between your constant inane threads, and now coming away with pish like this, it’s just getting ridiculous.

So would I as Dempster has been involved with football for a decade.

What have these two women done?

Once again something that should’ve been so good , turns into a total disaster.

I wondered why their statements have been so non commital, so utterly pointless, and why for a supposed fans group they seemed utterly spineless when it comes to challenging our board on anything. It now sort of makes sense.

It’s strange because I always felt the RST did well in that regard . I always get they were pushing the board to speak out for us, to do more, to be aware.

It’s so sad that we seem utterly unable to come together as fans in a cohesive and powerful way .

Sickened.

Peoples Front of Judea and the Judean People Front. Age old story within our ranks of egos getting in the road. It’s why fan ownership will never work for us.

We can't agree on the colour of shite while the club stumbles from one disaster to another.

The OP could be bullshìtting, it could all be true.
He's come on and given his side of the story and the floor is open to c1872 to refute his claims if they believe them to be wrong.

This shìt would never have happened back in the day with the RST.

Best of luck with your illness OP.

That is truly baffling, given the degree of support there is for moving the tramps.

Do you think Club1872 just don't want to ruffle board feathers, Papasmurf?

If so, it would suggest to me that this fans group has got WAY too close to the board and that a conflict of interests may be in play.
I think they don’t want to portray a position on any issue until the fans/members have their say.

Don’t want to take sides.

I just feel that not enough pushing on key issues doesn’t help, but possibly not receiving the right support from the club doesn’t help.

Just an outsiders view.

Call me sexist but its never sat right with me having woman in charge.
So would I as Dempster has been involved with football for a decade.

What have these two women done?

That’s not what you implied, so at least have the courage of your convictions.

You said, “how did two women get so high up in club1872”. Not these two specific women.

Last edited:
I thought i was doing the right thing joining but now i honestly don't know ,i won't be cancelling just yet but it just seems one %^*& up after another

Can I ask how you went about cancelling?
I have been meaning to for a while but don’t know how. The payment is neither a standing order or a DD.
Go to ‘My Club 1872’ then there’s a ‘My Account’ option.

If they ever grow up and prove themselves as a serious organisation who aren’t scared of upsetting the apple cart then I’ll possibly donate again but until then they’ll need to sort themselves out.

Ps those slagging the OP are wrong IMO

If the OP genuinely cares for c1872 then he has every right to voice his concerns publicly

Also, chris graham being paid to provide assistance is a farce

The board couldn’t chuck him away quick enough and now they’re hiring him on the sneaky?
The OP states Rangers are paying Chris Graham to assist. Independence is questionable.

Back