Club 1872 Director's Resignation

Missed your response somehow Greg. Apologies.

Thanks for addressing my post and advice noted.

Edit: You'll be pleased to note that PS is not for turning. I'm sure you'll hear from him soon. The good thing (that this season has shown us) is that capacity changes can be implemented any time DURING the season.... ala hivs. :) :)

Keep up the good work Sir.

Aberdoom and Heart's did it in previous mid-seasons, now Hivs at the end of this season. So all being fair Rangers can do any time during the coming season, giving proper notice to the scum.

Close on 8 thousand supporters continue to keep up monthly donations despite all the sniping and snide digs online.

Personally after what we went through since 2012 I thought we should have around 25k supporters willing to commit each month.

Most supporters just want what’s best for Rangers and don’t have time for the ego driven maniacs on both sides of the fence.

My payment continues just decided to ignore the slurs and the I’m cancelling brigade, would wager a large amount that 99% of those saying that don’t currently commit, all they are doing is trying to cause disruption to those who do.

I will continue to commit my monthly payment , but will take in to consideration who I vote for to be on the board when the time comes for re -election maybe a clear out of the currently elected is needed or maybe not it is up to us to change it democratically if we so wish, not by cancelling and slating the current board members.
Just my opinion

I will continue to commit my monthly payment , but will take in to consideration who I vote for to be on the board when the time comes for re -election maybe a clear out of the currently elected is needed or maybe not it is up to us to change it democratically if we so wish, not by cancelling and slating the current board members.
Just my opinion

That's my thoughts on it as well, those who seek election or re-election can put forward their case and I'll vote on that nothing else, don't know anyone of those involved personally and probably never will.

Not sure if he's still there but I'd like to see the connection with James Blair brought to an end, I'm sure a read he was only meant to be involved at the beginning to provide some valued experience.

Same for me mate. Grim.
I have just cancelled my £18.72 per month, and will buy shares on my own now.

You are failing to protect our Club's future then by doing so.

25%+1% leaves the supporters with complete control over the future of Ibrox and Auchenhowie.

Not supporting Club 1872 will leave us forever vulnerable to:

Losing our stadium
Renaming our stadium
Spiv control of our stadium
Speculative development of Ibrox.
Etc.

But unfortunately your giving up on all that because of a bit of bitching between directors?

That's a shame mate.

25%+1% leaves the supporters with complete control over the future of Ibrox and Auchenhowie.

Losing our stadium
Renaming our stadium
Etc.

But unfortunately your giving up on all that because of a bit of bitching between directors?

That's a shame mate.

It has been a bit of a joke since day 1 to be honest, forever mitred in some form of scandal or controversy.

It has been a bit of a joke since day 1 to be honest, forever mitred in some form of scandal or controversy.

Like all bold ventures, it has had its fair share of adversity I agree. But personalities will not put me off the ethos of this wonderful initiative.

Egos simply pale into insignificance when you dream of a Rangers that is truly ours!

o
Why don't you tell everyone your alternative story as you are IN the Know ?
Don’t take this the wrong way, but your son does an excellent job of getting his point across and defining his remit and you jumping in to defend him at every opportunity takes away from that, in my opinion.

Losing our stadium
Renaming our stadium
Etc.

That's a shame mate.

He’s giving up because club 1872 have been pretty shambolic, it’s a shame because Rangers First has great momentum at one point.

Club 1872 and their quest for a seat on the board mean they are far too close to the board, in fact they come across as quite pathetic in their refusal to question the board.

Losing our stadium
Renaming our stadium
Etc.

That's a shame mate.
I'm not failing anyone or anything.
I will continue to buy shares on my own.
I will continue to pay for two season tickets although I can't make every game and I will continue to pay my Rangers Lotto.

One other point, a C1872 representative on the board doesn’t need to be someone who is a director, or even member of C1872. It should be someone of sufficient expertise and knowledge to contribute to the development of the club, but also represent the interests of the shareholder (C1872)

There are two people in our home who contribute on a monthly basis. Right from the start we were attracted by the potential. However, the sense of potential that an organisation like Club 1872 could offer has been replaced by a genuine confusion as the main aims and objectives seem ambiguous to several within the membership. During this football season a complaint levelled at our team was a lack of leadership. Hopefully, that will be rectified with the new appointments. It may be that Club1872 has suffered from a similar problem and the resignations a few months back seemed to indicate a leadership difficulty. The weakness in my post is while registering this observation, I would be struggling to provide any meaningful insight into how a strengthening of leadership could be achieved. However, if it is accepted, as a first step, by the existing board members of Club 1872 that they could use some help, it would be surprising if from within the ranks of the wider membership that there wasn’t people available ,who had the capability to assist in highlighting ways to improve the communication process.

I find it astonishing so many verbally assualt the board and scream for investment but refuse to take personal responsibility and use club1872 as a vehicle to invest and protect the club. Who gives a flying %^*& if you don’t like the board. Change it from within and stop being a coward like so many on this thread.

As for Chris Graham, club1872 needs his expertise. I’d contract him full time if necessary. This is a guy who put himself front and center as the supporters public face against Spiers and English and I’d imagine suffered significantly for his efforts. Both threats against his family and professionally. And some fucks have a problem with club1872 employing his services? Fucking bellends.

We have arguably the greatest and loyal support in world football, our attendances are unprecedented over the last few years through the divisions.

But we are miles behind hearts and others taking responsibility for our clubs corporate well being. Stop fucking moaning, join and make a difference.

I find it astonishing so many verbally assualt the board and scream for investment but refuse to take personal responsibility and use club1872 as a vehicle to invest and protect the club. Who gives a flying %^*& if you don’t like the board. Change it from within and stop being a coward like so many on this thread.

As for Chris Graham, club1872 needs his expertise. I’d contract him full time if necessary. This is a guy who put himself front and center as the supporters public face against Spiers and English and I’d imagine suffered significantly for his efforts. Both threats against his family and professionally. And some fucks have a problem with club1872 employing his services? Fucking bellends.

We have arguably the greatest and loyal support in world football, our attendances are unprecedented over the last few years through the divisions.

But we are miles behind hearts and others taking responsibility for our clubs corporate well being. Stop fucking moaning, join and make a difference.
I like Chris Graham but as the op asserts that he is being paid by the club to do the day to day work of Club1872, do you not feel that the independance of the org is now in question? He was not elected to do so.
I'm a big believer in Club1872 and will not be cancelling my membership but i feel extremely let down that my and others emails seeking clarification on the matter were not replied to.

I would employ Chris Graham by Club 1872 as well.

I would trust him 100% to have the best interests of the support.

I don't care where the money comes from, be it the Club or be it the C1872 coffers. I'm utterly convinced it would have no bearing whatsoever on his performance.

I agree that the OP was mischief making by throwing that detail in his post.

Also, I would suggest that @ID10 would make an excellent director. You should seriously consider it Sir, you and @Papasmurf

Your Club Needs You!

Lads.... remove the insults out of the thread eh? Please?

Also leave the SLO out of this thread please.

Of course not, who gives a %^*&. We need someone with that skill set to support club1872 ambitions. The absolute last thing I’m concerned about is engaging Chris Graham to do the work, in fact I’d promote it for a number of reasons. Anyone who has a problem with this needs to really look hard in the mirror.

The queen in the OP threw his toys out the park and didn’t highlight this because he’s really morally outraged, it’s because he’s bitter about the departure and knew this would be a way to hurt those remaining and club1872.
Iv'e had numerous communications with Iain(the op) and also had meetings with him and can assure you he put 100% effort into his duties for club1872 and all that despite the man suffering a serious ongoing health issue which is part of the reason he has had to resign.

You say he threw his toys out of the pram and morally outraged because he's bitter, that's just a complete load of rubbish and if you care to read his post he explains why he has resigned along with his health issues and juggling all of this and also having a very stressful full time job, you would perhaps refrain from throwing muck at him and perhaps be a bit more understanding of his situation.

Club 1872 has had more than enough time to respond and they are well aware of what Iain has posted,there are also plenty of people on here who have emailed club 1872 and haven't even had a response from them, ask yourself why they haven't even countered what Iain has said, If it was all nonsense don't you think they would have come out long before now and gave their side,have a wee think about that.

I've got absolutely nothing against Chris Graham and he comes across as a decent guy, but the club paying him to work for club 1872 is morally wrong and is a huge conflict of interest given club 1872 are supposed to be totally independent from the club.

I'd rather all this was also out in the open as to me it proves there are those within club 1872 who are to close to the club.

I would employ Chris Graham by Club 1872 as well.

I would trust him 100% to have the best interests of the support.

I don't care where the money comes from, be it the Club or be it the C1872 coffers. I'm utterly convinced it would have no bearing whatsoever on his performance.

I agree that the OP was mischief making by throwing that detail in his post.

Also, I would suggest that @ID10 would make an excellent director. You should seriously consider it Sir, you and @Papasmurf

Your Club Needs You!

Lads.... remove the insults out of the thread eh? Please?

Also leave the SLO out of this thread please.

Do you not see an issue with a club employee running the fans organisation? And even worse doing so unelected?
Thing is this all conjecture anyway as Club1872 won’t respond or clarify, and that leads me to believe it’s actually true. Really poor show.

The bitterness is oozing out you. Let it go
Oh aye. Imagine wanting our club and 2nd biggest shareholder for the fans to be honest.

Is that too much to ask? C1872 works if it eliminates the crap and begins holding the board to task and being honest to the good few who fund it.

Losing our stadium
Renaming our stadium
Etc.

That's a shame mate.

I would say its a bit more like continuous bitching

This thread is getting more embarrassing as it progesses.

There are some valid points re transparency and communication that need addressed and without taking sides, C1872 need to respond to the OPs allegations.

I will continue to pay my £10 a month because I believe in the process

I am also giving real thought to standing for election, this isn’t definite just something I am considering

I don’t see point bitching, so maybe try & help

Just a loose thought at this minute however

Give it good thoughts and I hope the answer is yes.I believe in Club1872 and it will eventually settle down.Still not sure a seat on the board is a good thing.Although the person could put the fans point of view across they are likely not be able to say much of what goes on in the boardroom and you would then have people moaning again.We are good at that.

Getting a bigger shareholding is for me anyway more important.

This whole C1872 situation isn’t good.
1. The board of C1872 should be very clear about who is working for them or anyone being paid by the club to work for C1872.

2. We need people to step up for election rather than sniping on FF or Social Media

3. It’s a contradiction to be independent of RFC yet have representation on the board of RFC

4. We need to consider proper remuneration for Directors of C1872. People are giving up far too much personal time and deserve to be paid.

5. In addition to this we need to appoint at least 1, maybe 2 full time people for admin, communication and recruitment.

C1872 has a fantastic base to build on. We can get to 25k members with a clear strategy and proper communication.

This whole C1872 situation isn’t good.
1. The board of C1872 should be very clear about who is working for them or anyone being paid by the club to work for C1872.

2. We need people to step up for election rather than sniping on FF or Social Media

3. It’s a contradiction to be independent of RFC yet have representation on the board of RFC

4. We need to consider proper remuneration for Directors of C1872. People are giving up far too much personal time and deserve to be paid.

5. In addition to this we need to appoint at least 1, maybe 2 full time people for admin, communication and recruitment.

C1872 has a fantastic base to build on. We can get to 25k members with a clear strategy and proper communication.
Point 1 why should c1872 need CG to work for them?
Point 5 does c1872 not already have a paid emplyeee ?

One other point, a C1872 representative on the board doesn’t need to be someone who is a director, or even member of C1872. It should be someone of sufficient expertise and knowledge to contribute to the development of the club, but also represent the interests of the shareholder (C1872)

I think we genuinely need a new board member with the title Supporters Director with the reemit to represent the membership of C1872, but actually more than that, represent every supporter whether they are a paying member of C1872 or not. The more successful the Supporters Director can be on everyone's behalf, hopefully then C1872 membership will grow on the back of that success.

That Supporters Director doesn't need to attend every board meeting and be privy to all commercial or financial sensitive information, but those board meetings where supporters needs and hopes can be addressed, disabled fans needs, ticket matters, Travel Club, RSC issues and a plethora other supporters issues.

Obviously if C1872 ever reach the 25%+1 then full board representation would be needed.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but your son does an excellent job of getting his point across and defining his remit and you jumping in to defend him at every opportunity takes away from that, in my opinion.
Do you have a son? would you defend him against Lies ?

I think we genuinely need a new board member with the title Supporters Director with the reemit to represent the membership of C1872, but actually more than that, represent every supporter whether they are a paying member of C1872 or not. The more successful the Supporters Director can be on everyone's behalf, hopefully then C1872 membership will grow on the back of that success.

That Supporters Director doesn't need to attend every board meeting and be privy to all commercial or financial sensitive information, but those board meetings where supporters needs and hopes can be addressed, disabled fans needs, ticket matters, Travel Club, RSC issues and a plethora other supporters issues.

Obviously if C1872 ever reach the 25%+1 then full board representation would be needed.
The Club have people in place to deal with they matters, it is not normal for directors of any company to deal direct with these issues

Someone should either be a director, with all of the roles and responsibilities, or they should not be a director at all.

The work you are describing is surely appropriate to the Supporters Liaison Officer.

The Club have people in place to deal with they matters, it is not normal for directors of any company to deal direct with these issues

They probably have, that's why we need an independent board member, working for the fans interests in matters that concern the support. It happens in Europe where fans are allowed, by law, on the football club's board. It can and should be done at Rangers especially if the support are a major shareholder, or what's the point of all this?

Someone should either be a director, with all of the roles and responsibilities, or they should not be a director at all.

The work you are describing is surely appropriate to the Supporters Liaison Officer.

Greg works for the club bud, i'm talking of an independent Supporters Director or whatever you wish to call him or her.

Aslo why couldn't Greg work with an independent supporters representative from C1872? i'm not talking about a daily working relationship, merely when the two roles come together in some matters relating.

Greg works for the club bud, i'm talking of an independent Supporters Director or whatever you wish to call him or her.

I take your point re the SLO, but I still think he fulfills at least some of the role you describe.

I agree that Club1872 (as a shareholder not a fan's group) should be able to nominate a director to sit on the board. However as a full board member, not some light version.

Back