Club 1872 reply albion car park.

We’ve seen the plans for The Albion. Be interesting to hear where the other parking is and if it is already secured. I’m sure The Albion deal will be dependent upon planning permission being granted.

We’ve seen the plans for The Albion. Be interesting to hear where the other parking is and if it is already secured. I’m sure The Albion deal will be dependent upon planning permission being granted.

Is there any obvious nearby areas where we could use?

Is there any obvious nearby areas where we could use?
What about directly across Edmiston Drive on the waste ground at Hinshelwood between the asropitch and Albion car park? Only used for BBC reports these days.

There was talk of something down Clynder Street from memory of the other thread. Nothing confirmed though.
I had to google Clynder Street as I'd no idea where it was, turns out when on the rare occasion of taking the car I've parked there.
Lots of spare ground in that area. (Clynder Street marked)

gn333.png

I had to google Clynder Street as I'd no idea where it was, turns out when on the rare occasion of taking the car I've parked there.
Lots of spare ground in that area. (Clynder Street marked)

gn333.png
That is the prime area for the, “I’ll watch yer car for you mister” dicks hanging about.

Forcing you to give them a quid or two or you will return to your car with the tyres slashed and a window that’s disappeared.

That is the prime area for the, “I’ll watch yer car for you mister” dicks hanging about.

Forcing you to give them a quid or two or you will return to your car with the tyres slashed and a window that’s disappeared.
:)) I used to do that at the piggery over 50 years ago. I wouldn't tan the car just go back to my area buy skoosh and fags from what I got and forget about it.

Heard the parking will be opposite the Mercedes Garage on Broomloan rd. where the Albion Way pub was. Big bit of spare land there. not Sure if true yet Though.

I certainly wouldn’t be parking my car there as it is at the moment.

If the club are going to use it for official parking then they’ll need to provide stewards, CCTV and a ten foot tall perimeter fence.

I certainly wouldn’t be parking my car there as it is at the moment.

If the club are going to use it for official parking then they’ll need to provide stewards, CCTV and a ten foot tall perimeter fence.
We used to park there during the lower divisions. Fortunately for us we went to games in my dad’s Vauxhall Astra that had a cassette player it was that old, from 1997 I think.

So it didn’t really bother us when parking there. Certainly wouldn’t go near it in its current shape.

If Rangers have any ambition of fans parking there; I’d be expecting an electric fence with a guard tower accompanied by an armed patrol.

I hope any land sold off that leads to a new development around Ibrox adds to the surrounding areas. We as a club should be part of the process.

Parked there hundreds of times. Not a problem. Two or three times some wee 12 year old watch yer car but only on European nights. 50 mind to an hour to get back onto junction 23 m8 tho at full time.

The land sold off will only be half (roughly) of the existing car park . The houses will be in an oval shape closest to the stadium.
the land behind the petrol station will be used as a continuation of the car park

Are the club selling the land off before the public consultation goes ahead or only after planning etc has been granted?

Why are we selling this land we should be building on this .This to me is a worrying precedent it just doesn't sit right with me . Even the spivs never sold this. It shows lack of foresight from the club .It shows lack of ambition for the club on the future.

Why are we selling this land we should be building on this .This to me is a worrying precedent it just doesn't sit right with me . Even the spivs never sold this. It shows lack of foresight from the club .It shows lack of ambition for the club on the future.
Totally understand this but the other side of it is move the car park 50 yards back and buy another pocket of land to extend the car park and pocket a few million

We are going to demolish and rebuild Edmiston House. What would you build on The Albion for Rangers and how would you fund it (I assume the Albion sale is paying for the EH rebuild)?

The money is being used for the edminston house refurb.

we are possibly in need of cash???

How’s it a lack of ambition?

What are people wanting?

We have a football stadium. The Edmiston House area is being done up so that we will have a museum, cafe and a much bigger retail space for a club our size.

And I believe the Ibrox Complex is getting done up for the indoor fanzone.

What else do we need? We’d just be monopolising the area for the sake of it.

The club should be buying land up around stadium instead of selling it off. Over in the east end they have managed to do this for hardly any expense. Glasgow council are on a mission to make it harder for fans to take their cars to the game. The club should be making more accessible parking for supporters attending Ibrox .

How’s it a lack of ambition?

What are people wanting?

We have a football stadium. The Edmiston House area is being done up so that we will have a museum, cafe and a much bigger retail space for a club our size.

And I believe the Ibrox Complex is getting done up for the indoor fanzone.

What else do we need? We’d just be monopolising the area for the sake of it.
And probably a hefty sum to pay in fees for the botched memorial garden and walkway.

Dear Ally,

Our understanding is that the development will only take up approximately half of the existing car park and that replacement parking has already been secured for use by the club.

Thanks,

Club 1872
Show quoted text
Figured out how to copy paste cheers

I know its the least of our worries, but why are the flats going on the Broomloan road side of the car park? Surely it would make sense for Rangers owned property to be closest to the stadium? If anything the flats and remaining car park are on the wrong sides.

Also wondering if the car park will be extended down towards the Esso garage or if that area will lie empty incase of a station in the future.

Short sighted approach by the board. We should be buying and retaining land around the stadium, not selling. We'll up fully boxed in
I agree some tim friends will be buying up this land. That is what they do. Nibble away in the dark until the damage is done and then strike.

Parking in and around the stadium is terrible as is the roads getting away after FT.
Can’t imagine this helping at all.

My reply from Club1872

Our understanding is that the development will only take up approximately half of the existing car park and that replacement parking has already been secured for use by the club. We have also been told that this won't have any effect on the Club Deck.

Thanks,

Club 1872

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, 21 May, 2020 2:12am
To: info@club1872.co.uk
Subject: Albion Car Park

Good morning

I have read that the club have sold off the Albion Car Park and is about to
be turned into flats. Is this true. Alot of fans are deeply concerned in
regards to this. Does this mean the club deck will be closed off. Rangers
should be retaining every bit of land around the ground, so we can update
and modernise without being hindered by GCC. This is a concern.

Hope the club have prepared a statement for the fans for reasons.

Wonder who will get Albion parking priority then considering it’s a benefit to some season ticket holders, included in Hospitality and club employees get to use. When is it taking effect?

Last edited:
My only concern is lots of fans use this Albion car park as they are restricted in how far they can walk , Clynder Street is a fair bit further away from the stadium than this so it would be my worry that some fans then decide they can’t attend games.

There are quite a high number of disabled spaces, that is a concern for these guys.

My only concern is lots of fans use this Albion car park as they are restricted in how far they can walk , Clynder Street is a fair bit further away from the stadium than this so it would be my worry that some fans then decide they can’t attend games.

There are quite a high number of disabled spaces, that is a concern for these guys.

Maybe the remainder of the Albion Car Park will be used solely for disabled and OAP supporters.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a pity they don't develop the land themselves at least you can control what happens and of course the profits are there, and they could also retain some of the development properties perhaps to be used by staff as necessary, and then sold if they don't require the asset any longer, seems sensible to me.

We used to park there during the lower divisions. Fortunately for us we went to games in my dad’s Vauxhall Astra that had a cassette player it was that old, from 1997 I think.

So it didn’t really bother us when parking there. Certainly wouldn’t go near it in its current shape.

If Rangers have any ambition of fans parking there; I’d be expecting an electric fence with a guard tower accompanied by an armed patrol.

Mate. Get a grip.

Back