Club 1872 reply albion car park.

We used to park there during the lower divisions. Fortunately for us we went to games in my dad’s Vauxhall Astra that had a cassette player it was that old, from 1997 I think.

So it didn’t really bother us when parking there. Certainly wouldn’t go near it in its current shape.

If Rangers have any ambition of fans parking there; I’d be expecting an electric fence with a guard tower accompanied by an armed patrol.

Mate, this will be an official car park, just like The Albion is.

It won't be some piece of waste ground, with swarms of weans and gangs of wild dogs roaming around it.

Short sighted approach by the board. We should be buying and retaining land around the stadium, not selling. We'll up fully boxed in

For what purpose should we be buying up land that is not on the footprint of the stadium? We can’t expand the stadium onto it, if we can sell off the carpark or part thereof and pick up a bit of land for car parking elsewhere that is worth less to developers then why not.

The only problem with the proposed new car parking area is that anyone heading towards the M8 or M74 direction will be stuck in traffic a lot longer.

The only problem with the proposed new car parking area is that anyone heading towards the M8 or M74 direction will be stuck in traffic a lot longer.

We don’t know where the new parking area will be, it is all speculation on here at the moment. It is entirely possible it could be on the site of the old Arco directly across the road from the Albion. It is currently being demolished.

No way your parking there without security, what happens when gcc want to build more houses where do you go then.

There's more than one way to get onto the M8/M74. We normally head along PRW then join under the Kingston Bridge, for example.

It just means you’ll be able to spend more time after the game at the new complex that is going to be built on Edmiston House.

For what purpose should we be buying up land that is not on the footprint of the stadium? We can’t expand the stadium onto it, if we can sell off the carpark or part thereof and pick up a bit of land for car parking elsewhere that is worth less to developers then why not.
Future development opportunities, such as fan zones or even additional car parking. Look at what the tims have done with their surrounding area

Why are we selling this land we should be building on this .This to me is a worrying precedent it just doesn't sit right with me . Even the spivs never sold this. It shows lack of foresight from the club .It shows lack of ambition for the club on the future.

The spivs didn't need to.

They were probably happy with the £68m, which was unaccounted for in the light of Graham Wallace's 120 day review.

Looks like we’ll soon have all of our eggs in one basket with the Copland/Edmiston House end of the ground. Any planning issues there and we‘ll have nothing.

Regards post on land being bought in East End this is being sold to the fhilth at ridiculously low or non existent prices by Glasgow City Council no chance of us getting deals like that.

Pretty torn on this.

On one hand we definitely should be buying up land rather than selling it off

On the other this coupled with the new fanzone/museum/stores will see the surrounding area massively improved and increases chances of further renovation significantly.

A crazy decision by the Board. That's us lost that land forever.

We missed the chance with the Hinshelwood estate and look at it now. Horrible flats deliberately hiding the stadium and making the area look more undesirable, and we're making the same mistake again.

Flats are going to be built on it. More residents means more people to object when we ask for things like the fanzone.

It may be only used every second Saturday but it still offers parking for the disabled. Presumably any replacement parking is going to mean more of a trek for them. Perhaps fine for us able-bodied but my mate struggles to walk from the Albion and he'd be unable to go if he has to walk further.

The lack of communication from the club is dreadful as well. I'm presuming that they are deliberately holding off saying anything until the season ticket sales are complete as they don't have to worry about those who are unable to walk not renewing (assuming that they're going to supply a replacement area for car parking, but who knows?

A crazy decision by the Board. That's us lost that land forever.

We missed the chance with the Hinshelwood estate and look at it now. Horrible flats deliberately hiding the stadium and making the area look more undesirable, and we're making the same mistake again.

Flats are going to be built on it. More residents means more people to object when we ask for things like the fanzone.

It may be only used every second Saturday but it still offers parking for the disabled. Presumably any replacement parking is going to mean more of a trek for them. Perhaps fine for us able-bodied but my mate struggles to walk from the Albion and he'd be unable to go if he has to walk further.

The lack of communication from the club is dreadful as well. I'm presuming that they are deliberately holding off saying anything until the season ticket sales are complete as they don't have to worry about those who are unable to walk not renewing (assuming that they're going to supply a replacement area for car parking, but who knows?

Not all of The Albion is going. Given we seemingly have plans to improve disabled facilities the portion that is retained may be largely for them?

Can't believe anyone thinks this is a good idea.

When the time comes to redevelop and modernise Ibrox, we'll be looking to maximise the appeal of the area and showcase the stadium in all it's glory.

Having lots of new residents will only add to the objections we will face and will mean less ground area to include in the project.

Its a ridiculous idea to sell off part of the Albion and short-termism at it's worst.

You only have to look at the Piggery to see how much land they own, outwith the footprint of the stadium. People driving / walking along London Rd see one view only, with no obstructions.

gutq38i.jpg

How’s it a lack of ambition?

What are people wanting?

We have a football stadium. The Edmiston House area is being done up so that we will have a museum, cafe and a much bigger retail space for a club our size.

And I believe the Ibrox Complex is getting done up for the indoor fanzone.

What else do we need? We’d just be monopolising the area for the sake of it.
The very people who buy the properties will then start complaining .In the future this will be devastating to Rangers all complaints will be taken seriously by the nationalists .Why o why are we giving them ammunition for the foreseeable future. Club 1872 should be opposing this .It may seem small to other supporters but I know people who have been on the opposing end of the nationalist council and it ain't pretty. This gives me doubts about our sustainability if we are selling off assets that have belonged to the club for a century and not consulting the fans. Whoever made this decision must come out and make themselves accountable.

Can't believe anyone thinks this is a good idea.

When the time comes to redevelop and modernise Ibrox, we'll be looking to maximise the appeal of the area and showcase the stadium in all it's glory.

Having lots of new residents will only add to the objections we will face and will mean less ground area to include in the project.

Its a ridiculous idea to sell off part of the Albion and short-termism at it's worst.

You only have to look at the Piggery to see how much land they own, outwith the footprint of the stadium. People driving / walking along London Rd see one view only, with no obstructions.

gutq38i.jpg

You are comparing two completely different sites. We don’t have land adjoining the stadium that we can extend out onto we are hemmed in by existing roads which have been there as long as the stadium itself or longer.
TBH I’d rather people round here had much needed decent houses than you get a nice view of the stadium When coming off the motorway 18/20 times a year.

I can’t really understand why people are getting so upset at us selling a bit of a car park. A car park that in all honesty is an absolute shambles to get out of. Selling part of it and getting a parking facility elsewhere with potential better access is fine by me.

You are comparing two completely different sites. We don’t have land adjoining the stadium that we can extend out onto we are hemmed in by existing roads which have been there as long as the stadium itself or longer.
TBH I’d rather people round here had much needed decent houses than you get a nice view of the stadium When coming off the motorway 18/20 times a year.
I'd rather we didn't sell off land we already own.

I can’t really understand why people are getting so upset at us selling a bit of a car park. A car park that in all honesty is an absolute shambles to get out of. Selling part of it and getting a parking facility elsewhere with potential better access is fine by me.
Because we're selling land round the stadium that fans use, that we won't be able to get back.

So they can build some minging council flats next to Ibrox.

Its a very poor decision.

It's a pity they don't develop the land themselves at least you can control what happens and of course the profits are there, and they could also retain some of the development properties perhaps to be used by staff as necessary, and then sold if they don't require the asset any longer, seems sensible to me.
Too much initial outlay I'm assuming. Only thing I can understand is what's the difference between the land on cylinder st mercedes garage etc and the Albion car. Can't see this making a huge amount to be fair as you need to buy to sell can't see the thinking here i hope I'm wrong.

People keep saying the remainder of the car park will be used for fans,judging from the pictures not a lot of it is left after building, do people not also forget that if they are building a few hundred houses then the people buying them will also have to park outside their houses and perhaps resident only parking.

Don't know why the developers can't build on the land between Broomloan road and Clynder street, that's a huge area that is wasteland after all the houses being knocked down.

How much do we think we're getting for the Albion ? Because buying something decent sized and then building a car park will cost perhaps similar to what we're selling.

Seems to me it's a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul,selling one and then buying and building another.

Asked previously but never really got a yes or no anser, so i'll ask again in the hope maybe someone can answer, do the shareholders not have to be informed of any plan to sell any of the clubs assets.

I think the whole thing is absolutely bizarre.

Ibrox is already obscured when you come up from drumbeck side, new flats every where on ther approaches,do we want it completely hidden and hemmed in.

I'm still pissed off with this decision to be honest. It is utterly fucking bonkers and Club 1872 should be giving the board hell about it.

Do not sell any land we own around the stadium.

What happens if we want to expand seating and capacity in the stadium. We need more parking available. Not less.

What happens if we want to expand anything out with the stadium foot print? We get more objections by the folk they house in these homes.

Like the previous estate thst was built, it's a fucking joke.

The lack of information from the club isn’t great to be honest it’s potentially a real problem for our traveling group my brothers a postman and works most Saturdays to after one o’clock and with a 34mile each way journey parking in the albion Was ideal.

I trust the current board to act in the right way. Maybe more info should be forthcoming, but it could be that the sale is funding the EH project, or could an agreement have been done for the station to be opened again? There’s any number of things that could be involved.

It’s an utterly ludicrous decision.
I tend to agree. Obviously don’t know the ins and outs of the deal yet but selling half the carpark to the scum council seems crazy.
Especially if it’s the half nearest the stadium as it seems in the plans shown.

People keep saying the remainder of the car park will be used for fans,judging from the pictures not a lot of it is left after building, do people not also forget that if they are building a few hundred houses then the people buying them will also have to park outside their houses and perhaps resident only parking.

Don't know why the developers can't build on the land between Broomloan road and Clynder street, that's a huge area that is wasteland after all the houses being knocked down.

How much do we think we're getting for the Albion ? Because buying something decent sized and then building a car park will cost perhaps similar to what we're selling.

Seems to me it's a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul,selling one and then buying and building another.

Asked previously but never really got a yes or no anser, so i'll ask again in the hope maybe someone can answer, do the shareholders not have to be informed of any plan to sell any of the clubs assets.

I think the whole thing is absolutely bizarre.

A company does not have to inform shareholders about the sale of assets, and this piece of land will be worth much more than the land in Clynder st as it is not in a scheme, has better access to motorway. I’d buy a house in that bit of Ibrox but wouldn’t even think about clynder st or surrounds. Developers will have to include parking places in any proposal put forward for the project which will not be the retained carpark

Not all of The Albion is going. Given we seemingly have plans to improve disabled facilities the portion that is retained may be largely for them?
It's difficult for the disabled to get a club disabled badge to allow access to the disabled section. this is going to make it even harder for those who can't get them.

Why don't the club answer these questions instead of letting club 1872 answer. Do we not have a proper club spokesman to answer this question.It only leads to mistrust. Who made this decision?

It's difficult for the disabled to get a club disabled badge to allow access to the disabled section. this is going to make it even harder for those who can't get them.

Was their not talk of improved (long overdue) and increased (again, long overdue) disabled facilities as a result of planned work in the Bar 72/Club 72 area? I thought I'd heard Bisgrove mention it.

The govan roads rejig for bus lanes and the likes makes me never want to drive to a Rangers game again tbh, It was murder before that but that made it a nightmare. Bus lanes and normal traffic lanes criss crossing when approaching traffic lights and roundabouts who ever came up with that should be shot.

Why don't the club answer these questions instead of letting club 1872 answer. Do we not have a proper club spokesman to answer this question.It only leads to mistrust. Who made this decision?

A Club1872 member asked a question of Club1872. Who else was going to reply?

If you mean who made the decision to sell part of The Albion then I'd expect the answer would be the Board of Directors. Presumably to help fund the Edmiston House/Rangers Hub development. Some may disagree with that stance but the logic isn't difficult to figure out.

So weaponizing our enemies we all know the scenario which is going to happen . People move in, complaints are made ,the council make decisions, all sorts of implications. What is the distance of dwellings to parkhead ? Do we know the distance of these dwellings will be from Ibrox? Its like signing our death warrant. We all know the end game of the nationalists. Are our board that naive we all know the council never ever side with Rangers. They buil;d and rejections go in for anything Rangers try to build. It may seem trivial now but not in the future if we want Rangers to have ambitions in the long term. It just does not sit right this.

Was their not talk of improved (long overdue) and increased (again, long overdue) disabled facilities as a result of planned work in the Bar 72/Club 72 area? I thought I'd heard Bisgrove mention it.
They need to do work within the stadium to meet the various guidelines but that doesn't involve parking, as far as I'm aware.

A company does not have to inform shareholders about the sale of assets, and this piece of land will be worth much more than the land in Clynder st as it is not in a scheme, has better access to motorway. I’d buy a house in that bit of Ibrox but wouldn’t even think about clynder st or surrounds. Developers will have to include parking places in any proposal put forward for the project which will not be the retained carpark
So is this wrong then ?

Shareholders also have the right to receive a copy of any written resolution proposed by either the directors or shareholders

This below then means that any shareholder can request to see the resolutions that have obviously been passed by the board free of charge.

Every company must keep records of minutes of all proceedings of general meetings (including resolutions passed at those meetings) and copies of all shareholders' written resolutions. Such records must be kept available for inspection by any shareholder free of charge.

I'm not being awkward in any way, I just don't like the fact this is all rather being kept hush hush by the club and the supporters/shareholders are getting information from 3rd party's rather than their own club, this isn't something that's just happened, this will have been ongoing for months and again we are left to find out from those outside our own club.

Back