Club 1872 statement

Anyone explain why this is a negative if King was willing to sell?
Because it should really be that Rangers fans money is paid into the club and not to either shareholders. This looks to me like Chris Graham (if rumoured to be invovled still) providing King a cash out. need to read it but sounds dangerous. Club 1872 has been anonymous for nearly 3 years.

Not sure how I feel about this, given that our fan base often disagree on the most trivial of matters.

My thoughts exactly.

It is often very beneficial to have a “captain of industry” at the helm who provides excellent business acumen, a handy backup of finance when available and is willing to make the hard decisions.

Whist Club 1876 will have the best interests at heart, a large fan group can be extremely difficult to get moving in a single direction.

I am personally not a fan of having an elected board be a majority shareholder.

It comes down to politics and personalities.

I would be lying if this made me more nervous than King retaining these shares.

However, this is NOT a negative thing.

Sounds like a good idea on the face of it but i'm totally disillusioned with Club1872...extremely poor communication and god knows when the next election will be.

This also should have been put to the members for them to decide.

I have no idea if this is positive news or not. Here’s hoping this is the start of a German 50+1 model at Ibrox.

Seems like King is giving Club 1872 3years to buy his shares making Club 1872 the largest shareholders at the club.. seems a decent enough agreement from what I can tell...

Although its not fresh money coming into the club directly I don't see it as an issue as we're in a good place and are now an attractive proposal to future investors..

I think it's a good idea. A good gesture to fans who put money into the club. We all want to see fans have more input and this can only be a positive.
I'm a massive supporter of all Davy King has done for us, and will be forever grateful.

I don’t know if this is a good or bad thing but I have to admit to being a bit nervous about this but that’s a fair bit of money they have to raise

At first glance it is good, we'll never have ashley types again.

However, club1872 need to vote a member on to the board and they need to be up to the task.

Because it should really be that Rangers fans money is paid into the club and not to either shareholders. This looks to me like Chris Graham (if rumoured to be invovled still) providing King a cash out. need to read it but sounds dangerous. Club 1872 has been anonymous for nearly 3 years.
Spot on. Hardly a peep from them and now this. Nah, not for me.

Not sure what to think.

If Dave King wants to sell up and give his family greater future security he has absolutely earned the right to leave club affairs to others. History will remember him as a great Ranger.

But 13M is a lot of money for a fans group to pay out, and what will they do with this greater influence? I always worry our fan groups inevitably splinter and fall out.

Rangers aren't any better off here, are they?

Fan ownership is itself a mental route for us to go down. We can’t agree on the basics of who our captain should be after a defeat for example. We are and I include myself in this statement far to quick to get angry lol and that’s with a draw or defeat.

Also having watched what the hearts model has become then I would say even more so than ever that fan ownership is the last resort
I’m not convinced on fan ownership either. We’d need to proxy the board place to somebody who knows what they’re doing and trust their judgement without ripping into them every time there’s a media article we don’t like.

I must admit I’m quite nervous regarding this, Dave King et al have genuinely saved our club & I have PTSD from the charlatans prior to that.

Now, obviously C1872 have the clubs best interest at heart but moving to a completely new model could be tricky.

As other have pointed out, too much emotion & potential ego’s could be involved along with stern disagreements.

Not saying I’m totally against it though because I believe it has worked for other clubs, but we are a unique club in so many ways.

Considering the lack of transparency from C1872, I’d be against it.

Unsure how the economics will work either, you’d need 50k people paying £260 on top of their STs and there’s zero chance they’d get that many paying. Cant see 20k people paying £650 so hopefully it’s a non starter

So it looks they want to pay Dave King £13m for his shares rather than invest new money?
This sounds very worrying. Do we have a fecking clue what is going on at club 1872? Radio silence for, let's be honest, 2 years.

Considering the lack of transparency from C1872, I’d be against it.

Unsure how the economics will work either, you’d need 50k people paying £260 on top of their STs and there’s zero chance they’d get that many paying. Cant see 20k people paying £650 so hopefully it’s a non starter
This. We have no idea whars been happening for months. Dangerous territory this and no new moneh going into the club. Sounds to me like King is having cash flow issues.

To me this is good and bad news. If they bought every single one of kings shares they would have 25% of the shares (providing no new share issue dilutes them) that would mean they would have the power to block any resolution they don’t like.

So yes it’s good in that sense but the real question has to be if it happens how do we ensure the people running club1872 don’t end up on a ego trip with blazers and seats on the board. Our fan base can be split on the simplest of things never mind running the club as biggest shareholder

Whether you think it’s good or bad it’s a wow moment

Seems like King is giving Club 1872 3years to buy his shares making Club 1872 the largest shareholders at the club.. seems a decent enough agreement from what I can tell...

Although its not fresh money coming into the club directly I don't see it as an issue as we're in a good place and are now an attractive proposal to future investors..
The statement makes claim that will mean Club 1872 is largest shareholder in perpituity.

Which essentially means whenever there is a rights issue needed for fundraising no single person can put in more money than would result in them having more shares than club 1872 i.e limiting the value of potential future investment in certain scenarios

I'm in, think of the MyGers points you'll get being one of the original 20,000 legacy members

Maybe Dave King needs/wants his cash out of the club?
That might be the case, but we never hear from club 1872. Rumours of unrest and %^*& all happening. Who is even directors anymore? Is Chris Graham still invovled? If so, is he a director? If he isnt a director why isnt he? I dont like the sound of this one bit.

So, from what I gather, people think this is a negative because Dave King has offered Club 1872 to buy his 13m shareholding in us over the next 3 years and this is apparently a bad thing because it means the 13m will not be fresh cash, it's money that is already within the club and thus will mean it's just being recycled to make Club 1872 our majority shareholder?

tbh he could sell to any old soul and get his cash out. Don’t blame him for wanting his money.

the fellas done a hell of a lot

Great news, it is an opportunity for us, as supporters, to secure the Club's legacy.

Fan ownership works all over Europe, the German and Spanish models show that successful clubs operate it effectively.

It won't mean weekly plebiscites on what colour the wrapper for the pies is.

It will and ought to mean that supporters will have a very direct link to their football club. We'll be able to directly elect people to work on our behalf.

Nor does this mean that private investors are or will be excluded. DK doesn't own all the shares in Rangers.

I really don’t know what to make of this. I guess it comes down to whether you trust Dave King’s judgement.

Really high level, this should ensure that the fans always have a voice when it comes to important matters. Dave King currently owns just over 25% of the shares with Club 1872 owning just under 7%.

More than 25% of the shares in fan ownership is, in theory, a positive as it means Club 1872 need to be on board with any major changes.

If it's a step to fan ownership i don't like that, we need top level, ruthless business men in charge ,not groups of people that fall out all the time.

I am not pointing the finger at club 1872, just pointing out that on this board people argue black is white and vice versa .
Fans rarely agree and can make decisions based on sentiment rather than common sense.

Most people are taking time to digest and think about it, probably will still be none the wiser after it. :D

In all seriousness though, I’m not a big fan of Club1872 at all.

So, from what I gather, people think this is a negative because Dave King has offered Club 1872 to buy his 13m shareholding in us over the next 3 years and this is apparently a bad thing because it means the 13m will not be fresh cash, it's money that is already within the club and thus will mean it's just being recycled to make Club 1872 our majority shareholder?
The money is long gone and spent. As an investor King had to invest to hold out to sell to someone else or for a profit in the future. I doubt we envisaged the fans handed him over £13m. Not to mention the lack of transparency at club 1872, do we actually have a clie who is still running it now?

No its additional money to buy his shares.

Its not recycling cash already there otherwise it would be a zero sum transaction and just a share transfer.

This doesn't give Club1872 a majority shareholding, does it?

A big voice but not a majority.

tbh he could sell to any old soul and get his cash out. Don’t blame him for wanting his money.

the fellas done a hell of a lot
He has. Not for one minute am.o bashing the guy. I just domt like the sound of this at all.

Back