Club 1872 statement

The statement makes claim that will mean Club 1872 is largest shareholder in perpituity.

Which essentially means whenever there is a rights issue needed for fundraising no single person can put in more money than would result in them having more shares than club 1872 i.e limiting the value of potential future investment in certain scenarios

If that’s the case would they then need to increase their monthly/annual DD payments/donations to ensure they’d have funds for the rights issues?

Unsure how sustainable that is considering how many people have become disenfranchised with them and their lack of transparency

The statement makes claim that will mean Club 1872 is largest shareholder in perpituity.

Which essentially means whenever there is a rights issue needed for fundraising no single person can put in more money than would result in them having more shares than club 1872 i.e limiting the value of potential future investment in certain scenarios
That once again has good and bad points. Bad cos as you said limits future good investment but good because it would stop someone like Ashley coming in and taking over.

as I said my biggest concern is club1872s governance. How would the fans ensure the people getting the board spot are in it for the club and not just the blazer/directors box seat. Would they do what’s best for them personally or for the club

If Club 1872 is to become a main shareholder, who would be in charge of the organisation and what credentials do they have to effectively have control of a football club?

How realistic is it for Club 1872 to raise £13m?
It’s a major challenge considering

1. The Pandemic

2. It’s not new cash for the club

3. It means any new investors will value the shares at 20p

4. The timing is strange, mid season and just before the AGM

5. Club 1872 doesn’t have the structure to justify controlling 28% of the shares even if they can raise £13m.

In summary, DK has the right to sell and we have the right to buy or not.

Reactions: ICM
Not sure how i fully feel at reading that. If D.K wants to cash out for whatever reason he is fully entitled to, but it raises the question are we really better off without D.K. having a vested intetest, i just can't see how.

Lets just hope whoever takes up his manyle is nade of strong stuff with the same values.

Dave King is the major reason we are sitting where we are now, a club back on a sound footing with a superb management team taking the club forward from Wilson, Gerrard etc.

Do any of us really think King would do anything that would affect us negatively after everything he has done previously?

If it was about money he wouldn't have been anywhere near us when trying to oust the Wig regime.

Why does something that at any other club would be seen as a great thing leave me with a bad feeling in my gut ?

In fighting and disagreements are mostly what sticks in my mind with Club1872. Dave King on the other hand....

That might be the case, but we never hear from club 1872. Rumours of unrest and %^*& all happening. Who is even directors anymore? Is Chris Graham still invovled? If so, is he a director? If he isnt a director why isnt he? I dont like the sound of this one bit.

As I said in a previous post, I'm a member and I pay my DD, but other than that, I don't even think about it.

I bet there's plenty like me.

So I don’t know what that means but does it mean that club 1872 would own us
No they would be a major shareholder, Dave King doesn't own Rangers.
Club 1872 is already a large shareholder, but I don't think they will be able to raise the amount to purchase all Dave King's shares. If memory serves me right there are about 7000 members of Club 1872 at present. That would need to be a huge uptake in membership to achieve that goal.
I've been a member since RST days, and pay a monthly donation towards purchasing shares already.

It does make me a bit nervous given Club 1872 at times give the impression that they can’t agree on the colour of shite.

However it does mean we should never again be at the mercy of any Craig Whyte style charlatans who dont have the clubs best interests at heart.

Dave King is the major reason we are sitting where we are now, a club back on a sound footing with a superb management team taking the club forward from Wilson, Gerrard etc.

Do any of us really think King would do anything that would affect us negatively after everything he has done previously?

If it was about money he wouldn't have been anywhere near us when trying to oust the Wig regime.
No but ask yourself this, do you know who is currently running club 1872 and if so what have they been doing got the last 2 years?

So it looks they want to pay Dave King £13m for his shares rather than invest new money?
Yeh, but if he is selling up as his family don't want to be involved in the future then somebody has to pay for them, to get them at cost is a huge opportunity for the Fans. Its a big commitment though for Club1872 and the structure will have to be bomb proof.

Would the fan group be electing a single representative on to the board? If so this is something I could get behind although it does make me slightly nervous.

This doesn't give Club1872 a majority shareholding, does it?

A big voice but not a majority.

Think a lot are missing this. Biggest shareholder, seat at the table, but thats it. Great news to have a voice in there, sceptical that Club 1872 in its current form is the way to do it. Needs to be more transparent, answerable to fans and actually let us know what all the unrest and radio silence has been about.

As I said in a previous post, I'm a member and I pay my DD, but other than that, I don't even think about it.

I bet there's plenty like me.
That's an issue long term. What happens if in future directors are elected because no one is too interested to vote and they end up rocking the boat/causing issues? Could a fan rep ask for a manager to be sacked in a board meeting? Do we want that level of authority resting on one fan?

Good news?

I am personally not a fan of having an elected board be a majority shareholder.

It comes down to politics and personalities.

I would be lying if this made me more nervous than King retaining these shares.

However, this is NOT a negative thing.
My opinion of c1872 is not a positive one

Put it this way , the subject of orange songs for instance didn't prove popular at one of previous meetings with their leadership.

I’m not gonna lie, this new is filling me with absolute dread.
Why so mate? This has to be the model going forward. Majority fan ownership is the only way to protect the club and that’s not just applied to .

we can agree or disagree on whether we like c 1872 but this is a positive move in the right direction of how ownership should work at our football clubs.

I'd be interested to hear what other substantial shareholders and the current board think of this.

No mate I do not, do you?

I'm guessing Dave King does though, and if so should we not trust him?
If there are 7k paying members and no one on this board has an idea what has been happening there for the last 2 years and who is a director then alarm bells are ringing in my head.

Dave King reluctant to watch his investment shrink to zero - hardly surprising.
I have a real fear that there’s a deeper rooted reason for his gradual withdrawal.

I really really hope I’m wrong, but it seems like the actions of someone who is potentially going to have some personal (possibly health) obstacles to overcome and needs to reduce his commitments.

Big ask to gather that amount of money together? However I'm still a paying member of C1872 and will continue to support it. If C1872 do get the funds together will it get a representative on the board finally?

He must trust whatever Club 1872 has presented to him on having a person, or panel of people, to lead Club 1872. Otherwise, he would surely have sold his shares to a group of investors / existing shareholders as the good of the Club has always been his primary focus.

I came out of Club 1872 a while back as I could see no real justification to spend £18.72 a month, no real goal(s) or vision, and infighting as is well documented.

A very unexpected way to close the book on King's story at Rangers.

Could work if the chosen board member was endorsed by Dave King.

If fans are allowed to elect an official or have too much of a say it will just lead to constant infighting and the usual ‘blazer chaser’ patter :rolleyes:

Don’t worry folks - if I win £150m on the euromillions tonight I’ll front the money for the FF group to become significant investors and decision makers.

Back