Club 1872 Statement

We need to follow this up.

Need to ensure this isn't forgotten.

The system is being entirely mismanaged intentionally.

They want the system destroyed now that we are back competing. Planned obsoletion. It's served its purpose.

Ensured 7 titles without a scrap of competition for poetothy.

Posted before.
I'm certain that this: surprising, confusing, rapidly and covertly introduced system was brought in when we were at our weakest. For good reason. We were quick to identify it's flaws years ago, but were powerless to reveal the evil intentions of this horrendously managed system and it has been proven beyond all doubt that it was introduced to benefit one club only.

That's down to how it's managed.

Now that the spotlight is firmly on the obvious and overt bias towards Separate Entity FC and the entire country is waking up to exactly what the intentions of the .... yes the third Catholic celtc supporter that was given the Compliance officer post.... the banner of consistency is what we are all supposedly pursuing ....

shite I say!

What we are looking for is cleansing the sectarian machinery/management of the biased processes they employ and that have been installed. Why - because the facts are stacking up and they are likely to continue for the remainder of this season - it's proving beyond a reasonable doubt that the system has benefited only one team.

Next season I fully expect the Compliant Officer to have her duties expanded - points docked for nasty songs with IRA ditties ignored - maybe they should switch their attention to the behaviour of supporters. These NINE bastards got off Scot Free: It justifies why my prediction is .... look out for the continuing clamour to have the whole discredited system revised for next season. Why? To reset the odious factual data that damns the current processes - and the flawed system to be discredited completely.

Previous data will then be ignored and we'll start afresh from 2019/18 with a 'new and improved' system. Delicately altered to ensure the bias continues and is less obvious.

If they can cover the tracks of the largest 'Abuse Scandal' in World Sport by destroying the evidence, then there's no reason to think they will fail in such a trifling issue as this - only the integrity of the game - after 40 years practice they've become very proficient at 'protecting the evil papish entity'!

Last edited:
Better than the Club statement by a distance but let someone be honest it will make no difference and be totally ignored and very probably laughed at by the SFA.

All appropriate questions but I doubt they will get satisfactory answers. I am sure RFC are also asking pertinent questions of the SFA procedures and appointments.

The
It's ok, but it should name names and list players from other clubs who didn't get banned and compared them to Morelos and McGregor.

Better than the club statement but not strong enough for me.

They don’t need to name names, everyone with a passing interest in Scottish football knows they mean the Sportscene team as well as Burke and Brown (and McGinn).

It gives the greater credence when we are not shown to be only concerned with retribution for mentally challengeds.

The

They don’t need to name names, everyone with a passing interest in Scottish football knows they mean the Sportscene team as well as Burke and Brown (and McGinn).

It gives the greater credence when we are not shown to be only concerned with retribution for mentally challengeds.

Power and McGinn don't play for the mentally challengeds.

Won’t surprise me if the SFA just ignore it

The club will need to raise this formally as a member club and ask for a meeting with Maxwell and CO

Do the requests via RTV and our RFC website

Keep the pressure on them and tell them we will take this to FIFAvand CAS as Madden clearly sees Greegs incident and is a liar if he says he didn’t

We cannot back down

Go for their throats and start asking more direct questions and highlight the CO stats for citing Rangers players and how no mentally challenged player has been

Given the Brown and Simunovic assaults last Wednesday we have enough evidence to nail them

The board just need to follow due process and escalate it to FIFA if the SFA ignore our requests

This CO farce needs shut down ASAP.

Can the club please stop using C1872 as it's mouthpiece.

Did Lawell let Joe the Bhigot compose their words after 29th Dec?
Can't agree mate!
Celtic have been using "arms length" people and organisations for years to get their "official" message across and it's been highly effective!
Club1872 are doing a great job as a conduit to get across our point of view to both the authorities and the media.
As it happens I don't think they were quite as strong as I would have liked in this instance but in general I think they're doing exactly what I would expect of them.

Can't agree mate!
Celtic have been using "arms length" people and organisations for years to get their "official" message across and it's been highly effective!
Club1872 are doing a great job as a conduit to get across our point of view to both the authorities and the media.
As it happens I don't think they were quite as strong as I would have liked in this instance but in general I think they're doing exactly what I would expect of them.

C1872 do some great work and have my support but this will be more or less ignored.

They can fine the club but it's much harder to avoid responding to an official statement.

I think you have perhaps inadvertently highlighted a very pertinent issue: Our media strategy isn't working. Although it's hard to engage with bodies who have no interest in common ground.

C1872 do some great work and have my support but this will be more or less ignored.

They can fine the club but it's much harder to avoid responding to an official statement.

I think you have perhaps inadvertently highlighted a very pertinent issue: Our media strategy isn't working. Although it's hard to engage with bodies who have no interest in common ground.
I would say that it's improved slightly but you're right, it could be so much better!

We need to follow this up.

Need to ensure this isn't forgotten.

The system is being entirely mismanaged intentionally.

They want the system destroyed now that we are back competing. Planned obsoletion. It's served its purpose.

Ensured 7 titles without a scrap of competition for poetothy.

Posted before.
I'm certain that this: surprising, confusing, rapidly and covertly introduced system was brought in when we were at our weakest. For good reason. We were quick to identify it's flaws years ago, but were powerless to reveal the evil intentions of this horrendously managed system and it has been proven beyond all doubt that it was introduced to benefit one club only.

That's down to how it's managed.

Now that the spotlight is firmly on the obvious and overt bias towards Separate Entity FC and the entire country is waking up to exactly what the intentions of the .... yes the third Catholic celtc supporter that was given the Compliance officer post.... the banner of consistency is what we are all supposedly pursuing ....

shite I say!

What we are looking for is cleansing the sectarian machinery/management of the biased processes they employ and that have been installed. Why - because the facts are stacking up and they are likely to continue for the remainder of this season - it's proving beyond a reasonable doubt that the system has benefited only one team.

Next season I fully expect the Compliant Officer to have her duties expanded - points docked for nasty songs with IRA ditties ignored - maybe they should switch their attention to the behaviour of supporters. These NINE bastards got off Scot Free: It justifies why my prediction is .... look out for the continuing clamour to have the whole discredited system revised for next season. Why? To reset the odious factual data that damns the current processes - and the flawed system to be discredited completely.

Previous data will then be ignored and we'll start afresh from 2019/18 with a 'new and improved' system. Delicately altered to ensure the bias continues and is less obvious.

If they can cover the tracks of the largest 'Abuse Scandal' in World Sport by destroying the evidence, then there's no reason to think they will fail in such a trifling issue as this - only the integrity of the game - after 40 years practice they've become very proficient at 'protecting the evil papish entity'!

You got it George. Legend ;)

Very good questions and actually not the ones I would have asked. They're very professional at getting to the heart of the matter.

My questions would have centred around individual incidents rather than the background to all of them. Kudos C1872. You're doing a sterling job.

Very good questions and actually not the ones I would have asked. They're very professional at getting to the heart of the matter.

My questions would have centred around individual incidents rather than the background to all of them. Kudos C1872. You're doing a sterling job.

Agree. I’m a member & im glad they’re sticking up for Rangers & the fans.
We could argue all night what should & shouldn’t be said but at least we are fighting back in this rhepublican country.

How the clubs statement should have went....

The club statement - albeit short - is clear and to the point.

Just about every club in the league has complained about the system - it is clear urgent change is required.

The C1872 statement is good - there is no point going to town and claiming inside poet influence - this will simply be ignored and ridiculed. C1872 represent the fans - who pay good money to see football matches and represent a large slice of the shares in the club.

C1872 have every right to issue this statement. If the authorities have any respect for the paying public then they must respond.

On a somewhat different angle to this sorry state of affairs - how far could this go? I mean could this lead to a ref strike, could it lead to teams refusing to play matches officiated by certain refs? If so this could lead to claims of bias. Could this see the season being suspended?

It is quite amusing how folk think the club can ask the same questions in the same manner. Few will know if this is directed by the club or not but I would wager a significant amount of cash that Rangers had at least some input into what was said and by whom.
Exactly!
You just have to have a quick look at the "Rangers Statement" thread to see the hysterical things that some of our supporters are expecting Rangers "officially" to say!

Good statement but will no doubt be ignored by the shysters supposedly running the game as usual .

Unfortunately, this is probably correct.

This is exactly what our directors should have been delivering to the sixth floor of Hampden with the threat to publish the letter and reply if it wasn't taken seriously and acted upon

It is quite amusing how folk think the club can ask the same questions in the same manner. Few will know if this is directed by the club or not but I would wager a significant amount of cash that Rangers had at least some input into what was said and by whom.

So in your opinion, why can't the club ask the same, direct, pertinent questions? What protocol is preventing them offering a robust and searching statement on RIFC headed paper? (btw I'm not criticising the boards courage, more their strategy).

It's the same issue. We are not talking about the diplomacy required for sensitive geopolitical negotiations.

Apart from avoiding fines, and the fact that it will probably be ignored, what does this current strategy achieve?

Last edited by a moderator:
We already know the answer to the question.

"what safeguards are in place to stop clubs, on whom undue focus is placed, from being unfairly penalised?"

None is the answer!.

As proven by the league table of complaints showing us at the top & "them" at the bottom with a total of zero!.

Well done Club 1872, just what was needed (though I wonder just how wide an audience it will reach with the mhedia in the poet’s pocket).
There’s no criticism of our club for not saying the same as it would have just enabled the corrupt SFA to concoct more punishments for us.
I really do hope though that behind the scenes Rangers are more forceful. For the future we need more representation on the various SFA/SPFL boards.

TBH, It is hard to imagine that Rangers FC would have had any input into that statement, perhaps there may have been some discussion but, there would have been little point as such a point made, would have carried rather more weight coming from the club !

Back