Club 1872, their Masterplan & the Daily Record

I've had 24 hours to think about this and had the email from Club 1872 but come to the conclusion that as my money would go to Dave King and not the club then I won't be upping my contribution. I think Dave King is an absolute legend and will be forever grateful to him but he is also a very rich man and doesn't need my small amount of cash and will be able to sell his shares anyway. The only reason to go along with this is if we think it is important for Club 1872 to obtain 25% of the shares. Well I don't. It's not important to me at all, especially not knowing who will run Club 1872 going forward.

And that leads me to think, well if my existing contributions will go to buying existing shares instead of a share issue pumping money into the club, do I really want to keep up my existing membership. I don't see the point.

It's precious little cash but I'll likely look around for another charity (probably Rangers related) to make a monthly donation to. I doubt my thinking will be unique and I think Club 1872 have shot themselves in the foot.

Stuart purchased shares after a share issue. King is selling the shares he owns.

C1872 could purchase shares in the exact same was Stuart did. For the umpteenth time, I understand Dave King is selling shares and good luck to him, it has nothing to do with my point on C1872 buying them.

In addition, none of that has anything to do with the point of my thread.

I've had 24 hours to think about this and had the email from Club 1872 but come to the conclusion that as my money would go to Dave King and not the club then I won't be upping my contribution. I think Dave King is an absolute legend and will be forever grateful to him but he is also a very rich man and doesn't need my small amount of cash and will be able to sell his shares anyway. The only reason to go along with this is if we think it is important for Club 1872 to obtain 25% of the shares. Well I don't. It's not important to me at all, especially not knowing who will run Club 1872 going forward.

And that leads me to think, well if my existing contributions will go to buying existing shares instead of a share issue pumping money into the club, do I really want to keep up my existing membership. I don't see the point.

It's precious little cash but I'll likely look around for another charity (probably Rangers related) to make a monthly donation to. I doubt my thinking will be unique and I think Club 1872 have shot themselves in the foot.

Can I ask. If C1872 we’re investing £13m directly to Rangers would you have a different opinion?

Neither the club nor the fans have succeeded in attempts to challenge the media. Efforts have had absolutely no impact. It's time to change tact. It's also time that fans realised that being militant from the sidelines is great - actually being in a position where you can influence things involves compromise and it requires that people can make pragmatic decisions.

Your type of attitude is the reason why the mhedia and others feel free to have a pop at us whenever , and for whatever they want. We should always continue to fight our corner and never forget we are the biggest club in the country

C1872 could purchase shares in the exact same was Stuart did. For the umpteenth time, I understand Dave King is selling shares and good luck to him, it has nothing to do with my point on C1872 buying them.

In addition, none of that has anything to do with the point of my thread.
So is further share dilution is what you're after?

My source is Dave King;

"I have agreed therefore to transfer my shares to Club 1872 at my historical cash cost of acquisition (which includes professional fees) and to allow Club 1872 a period of three years to build up the supporter backing that will be necessary to achieve this. My all-in cost is 23.7p per share and I am willing to put a pricing structure in place that accommodates 20p as the initial price to be consistent with the present share issue and, at Club 1872’s request, I have included an option for Club 1872 to buy all of the shares at 20p which would result in a loss to me. In my view the shares are presently worth in excess of 50p if properly valued."
That's DK's view. It's not the market value.

He is giving 1872 a chance to raise the funds. I assume, If they fail, he can decide who buys his shares. I don't think he will sell to any dodgy character/s. But they have 3 years and if 1872 don't raise the funds, then the fans don't have the confidence in them. But we have to wait and see how it pans out. I don't know anyone personally running 1872 but I hope they find a strong leader who can help work with others and keep up the good work King has done.

He is giving 1872 a chance to raise the funds. I assume, If they fail, he can decide who buys his shares. I don't think he will sell to any dodgy character/s. But they have 3 years and if 1872 don't raise the funds, then the fans don't have the confidence in them. But we have to wait and see how it pans out. I don't know anyone personally running 1872 but I hope they find a strong leader who can help work with others and keep up the good work King has done.
I agree with you but I wasnt too impressed by the C1872 representative on radio Snyde tonight

Thank you for getting it chilebear. All that I want in all of this, is Our Club to come first. From where I’m looking at it, it isn’t coming first to our very own fan group.
Anybody who buys a share from the club is doing it for emotional reasons.
Its pretty obvious nobody is getting their money back.
It was quite clear when King was obliged to make an offer for all the shares, and nobody was willing to sell their shares made it clear that no fan is looking for money.
I wasnt too impressed with the C1872 representative on Clyde when she was asked what it would mean to have more say, she replied: well we could block some resolutions. Sorry but that just seems to me they want to stop things
I expected a bit more progressive thinking for the future of the club.

Back