Club 1872 Tweet

Correct it not written into any tv deal, just prevents any broadcaster to show games at that time - 2.45pm to 5.15pm on a Saturday, only exceptions are Cup Finals and International Games

Enforce by the National Association to protect attendances is what was original done for

Its always seemed odd to me that this unwritten rule has lasted so long with the money involved.

Complimentary [kom-pluh-men-tuh-ree, -tree] adjective; given free as a gift or courtesy: a complimentary ticket. Something given or supplied without charge, especially as an inducement to prospective customers.

Complimentary would be giving access to RTV for those who haven't paid anything - that's what complimentary means, FREE.

Giving fans access to something in return for them shelling out hundreds of pounds (that would have to otherwise be refunded), is not FREE.

The other thread is worse mate. I’m all for improving the quality and reliability of RTV but going after a guy who lives and breathes Rangers is too much.

Don’t understand our support at times on here. Enough scum work throughout Ibrox without getting rid of a bluenose and replacing him with God knows who.
Some people only support the Rangers so they can moan. You know the type-you see them at every game - they’re the ones with that look of permanent anger and disappointment at life in general. Only happy when they’re miserable.

If season ticket holders are not allowed to attend home games which for me would equate to approx £26 per match, an ad-hoc tv subscription at anything less than this devalues the season ticket completely. Why bother to pay a season ticket if you can buy a ppv package for half the price per game. Not everybody can afford to pay season tickets cost just for the sake of it.

Last edited:
It would be a nice touch if STH could be given away games at a discounted cost (at least). Or something for MyGers.

I'm not sure if that would be possible, though, given the constraints from SKY.

I think season ticket holders will find that free access to home matches on RangersTV until they are able to return to Ibrox will be but one element of the package Rangers will put in place.

Do we have a time yet for Stewart Robertson’s statement/interview?

If season ticket holders are not allowed to attend home games which for me would equate to approx £26 per match, an ad-hoc tv subscription at anything less than this devalues the season ticket completely. Why bother to pay a season ticket if you can by a ppv package for half the price per game. Not everybody can afford to pay season tickets cost just for the sake of it.

We'll be back at Ibrox before the end of the season, we just dont know when. ST also guarantees your seat for future seasons if you want it. I think somewhere around the £12 to £15 mark for non-season ticket holders would be fair.

People get a strange satisfaction from complaining. It’s always been that way, people used to moan like fùck about how we played under Walter as we hoovered up the majority of silverware on offer.

I always said when we were winning 9IAR that we did not appreciate what we had at
the time mate. Loads of moaning swines back then.

I'm not often right, but look at the last decade :cool:

Are people not allowed an opinion on this board?

In my opinion Tom Miller isn’t a good commentator. Doesn’t take anything away from him being a good bear.

He's dreadful but I'm sure he would be great to chat to over a pint. Most probably a sound bloke and a good bear with a story to tell.

Some people on here cannot separate the two. He's a terrible commentator.

If season ticket holders are not allowed to attend home games which for me would equate to approx £26 per match, an ad-hoc tv subscription at anything less than this devalues the season ticket completely. Why bother to pay a season ticket if you can buy a ppv package for half the price per game. Not everybody can afford to pay season tickets cost just for the sake of it.
It’s not ideal but this is a million miles from an ideal situation.
People knew there were huge risks involved before renewing STs and chose to take that risk.

Was expecting the update from the club imminently, not in the coming days
Just as well I saw the tweet from the SLO or I’d have been sitting on Twitter all night waiting

He's dreadful but I'm sure he would be great to chat to over a pint. Most probably a sound bloke and a good bear with a story to tell.

Some people on here cannot separate the two. He's a terrible commentator.
I think we should do a version of that old sky sports Fan zone thing, get 2 random fans on to commentate on the games.
That would be some laugh

I’m wondering how this will work out as balanced and fair . If you pay £700 for a season ticket yet someone who plays £400 gets the same subscription , the person with the more expensive seat has paid more for the same RTV subscription. surely that ain’t right ?! Am I missing something

In the Stewart Robertson interview, he talks about additional features for season ticket holders to give value for money. They'll be announced shortly.

I’m wondering how this will work out as balanced and fair . If you pay £700 for a season ticket yet someone who plays £400 gets the same subscription , the person with the more expensive seat has paid more for the same RTV subscription. surely that ain’t right ?! Am I missing something
No, you aren’t, but this entire situation is a million miles from fair.

However it is what it is, we all knew when renewing we were extremely unlikely to be getting value for money.

No, you aren’t, but this entire situation is a million miles from fair.

However it is what it is, we all knew when renewing we were extremely unlikely to be getting value for money.
[/QUOTE
you would like to think something would be done to try and balance this up a bit .

you would like to think something would be done to try and balance this up a bit .
Maybe they will thrown in a few more extras as bonuses but I can’t see anyway it will ever be fair, it’s a properly shitty situation both us and the club are trying to make the best of.

So would I be correct in saying that for the 5 games or so from last season that I didn’t get to go to at £39 a pop the club will give you a £25 voucher ? But In order to get this you voucher you need to sign up to this years ST ?!
And then when you pay your £700 quid this year there is every chance you won’t see a game before January but you’ll be given a RTV subscription to watch these games but you’ll be paying more than those in other parts of the stadiums for the same service . All of this and not one player has taken a pay cut .
I appreciate we are dealing in Unknown’s but it would be nice if the club put a clear structure of what your money gets you before I commit to my Spending a significant sum .

I always said when we were winning 9IAR that we did not appreciate what we had at
the time mate. Loads of moaning swines back then.

I'm not often right, but look at the last decade :cool:

I’m glad I never took it for granted. That was even more true with Walters second spell, I made sure I enjoyed every minute of it .

I’m glad I never took it for granted. That was even more true with Walters second spell, I made sure I enjoyed every minute of it .

Me too mate.

And I waited with another 10,000 or so that day v Killie when we knew 10IAR had escaped us. Tears in my eyes but so proud of those players.

Folk talking about a price point for this do realise that it will probably only be available in the UK to season ticket holders? Anybody else will have to subscribe to RangersTV and get a VPN. At least that’s how I understand it. Capped at your number of season ticket holders and most will, obviously, use their ability to take it for free.

Given you can currently login to RangersTV on multiple devices at the same time I suspect the Club will be clamping down on that ability pretty soon or guys will be sharing login details and that free viewing for 46k will become 100k viewing for free.

Back