Club 1872 Video Interview with Jim Traynor Regarding BBC Scotland

"All we ask for is fairness, balance and equality"

The perfect way to finish. I'm sick to the back teeth of the soap opera. Sick of arguing with their journos and pundits on Twitter etc.

Is it too much to ask the national broadcaster to talk objectively on the football. Everything about Rangers gets turned into a frenzy and it's extremely boring. This could be helped immensely by the pundits and journo's if they just talked about the football instead of turning everything into a soap opera.

Immediately after the Old Firm game I walked out thinking nothing had happened. Brendan Rodgers after the game praises the referee, says best team won. It wasn't until Sportscene highlighted some minor incidents with Morelos did the frenzy start and it leads to making the situation with the refs even worse.

Last Sunday Steven Naismith and Tom Aldred were involved in a tussle that was identical to the tussle that Morelos and McKenna served bans for. It wasn't shown on Sportscene, I very much doubt the compliance officer saw it either.

Do you ever see Neville, Carragher or Redknapp etc behave like this. No.
Is English football an embarrassing soap opera like us. No

It's the same whenever we play Aberdeen. That photo of decapitated Ryan Jack, Simpson/Durrant gets brought up. It's like they want the trouble to kick off. Look a lot of the hatred will never go and it's what makes games so tasty up here but We've got a good league on our hands if we talk it up. We don't need hatred being stirred by the media.

Excellent,we need more of this from the club and the management. They have to let us know and it is up to us what we can do. We need more ex players on other platforms to call this out as well.

Public boycott of license fees.

No Rangers fan pays the licence next year, the bbc come to the table.

If I can put it into perspective , even if just 10,000 bears in Scotland cancel their tv license , that’s over £120,000 a month or over £1.4 million a year if you prefer .

That’s a LOT of money for Pacific Quay FC to lose .

And I reckon we could easily double that figure as we are not talking about season ticket holders necessarily , just regular people who are Rangers fans sick fed up with our treatment by bbc Scotland .

Questions would be rapidly asked by the big bosses down south if Pacific Quay start suddenly seeing a drastic drop in their Scottish demographic not paying the fee .

Got a feeling this could well be the answer - it’s the only thing these cretins understand .

I think he knows this , to me the main point of that interview is basically telling Rangers fans at the end what we CAN do about it , without directly telling us . Similar to what we did with season tickets to get the spivs out .
Exactly he’s not aiming this interview at the bbc,this is telling the support how it is and saying you are the license payers and you can let the bbc know you are being shortchanged

Another good move in what seems to be a well timed and orchestrated campaign by the club.

I certainly feel a bit better today than I did yesterday in terms of at least we are doing SOMETHING as a club . It’s not great but it’s at least a step in the right direction .

Credit where credit is due,great interview by Club1872 and James Traynor

As a group we at FF must put the pressure on,we need to know what we can do and we should make a massive effort to put the pressure on BBC Scotland

Another good move in what seems to be a well timed and orchestrated campaign by the club.

It does seem that way. I've no doubt that the Club and Club 1872 are working closely in regards to what information and statements are being published.

The Club 1872 statement being the most recent example.

That is a very good interview and completely transparent, well done setting the Record straight JT. Another 'Get it up ye' Bias Broadcasting Corporation

Last edited:
I don't think he actually puts the examples across as well as it could have been but at the same time it's still good it's out there.

"All we ask for is fairness, balance and equality"

The perfect way to finish. I'm sick to the back teeth of the soap opera. Sick of arguing with their journos and pundits on Twitter etc.

Is it too much to ask the national broadcaster to talk objectively on the football. Everything about Rangers gets turned into a frenzy and it's extremely boring. This could be helped immensely by the pundits and journo's if they just talked about the football instead of turning everything into a soap opera.

Immediately after the Old Firm game I walked out thinking nothing had happened. Brendan Rodgers after the game praises the referee, says best team won. It wasn't until Sportscene highlighted some minor incidents with Morelos did the frenzy start and it leads to making the situation with the refs even worse.

Last Sunday Steven Naismith and Tom Aldred were involved in a tussle that was identical to the tussle that Morelos and McKenna served bans for. It wasn't shown on Sportscene, I very much doubt the compliance officer saw it either.

Do you ever see Neville, Carragher or Redknapp etc behave like this. No.
Is English football an embarrassing soap opera like us. No

It's the same whenever we play Aberdeen. That photo of decapitated Ryan Jack, Simpson/Durrant gets brought up. It's like they want the trouble to kick off. Look a lot of the hatred will never go and it's what makes games so tasty up here but We've got a good league on our hands if we talk it up. We don't need hatred being stirred by the media.

Never seen the photo of jack, news today to me but that alone shows the level that whoever wrote that piece is at.

How can it be thought it’s acceptable to make/show a picture of a decapitated person.

Wow. I didn’t expect this, that was really well
done. I’ve never been Traynor’s biggest fan but he’s struck a real blow to BBC Scotland there. The best thing about this is there’s no cowardice, no subtlety, no beating about the bush; instead it’s succinct and straight to the point.

I wonder the BBC head honchos ever stop, scratch their heads and ask why they have to repeatedly apologise to the club? Of course they don’t, they’re all perfectly aware of the agenda. Christ, they probably have big meetings where their journalists are herded into a conference room and briefed on the level of cùntery they’re expected to show Rangers.

Have to agree what he says is correct however it should not be him talking for our club.
But it's the same story with every media outlet,not just the BBC. Simple solution is don't pay the fee,they'll soon come crawling back,or their superiors down south will,hopefully a few sackings on the back of it.

Of people can see past WHO is saying this, the message is spot on. The past few weeks confirm EVERYONE from King and Gerrard to the fans and EVERYONE in-between all see the same thing. I know it's only a forum but let's quit the moaning and pull together and appreciate we have people ready to fight for our club publicly

I certainly feel a bit better today than I did yesterday in terms of at least we are doing SOMETHING as a club . It’s not great but it’s at least a step in the right direction .

You say “at least we are doing something” but I think it’s obvious by what was said in the interview that there’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we don’t know about.

So many on here are quick to point the finger at perceived inaction by the club and shout for statements to be released immediately, so hopefully the knowledge that the club is fighting our corner out of the public eye will temper any future tantrums.

I’m not accusing you of throwing tantrums btw :)

Back