Club 1872 Video Interview with Jim Traynor Regarding BBC Scotland

thats a great interview, Club 1872 have palyed a blinder the last couple of days with this interview and their statement keep it up and membership could grow.

You say “at least we are doing something” but I think it’s obvious by what was said in the interview that there’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we don’t know about.

So many on here are quick to point the finger at perceived inaction by the club and shout for statements to be released immediately, so hopefully the knowledge that the club is fighting our corner out of the public eye will temper any future tantrums.

I’m not accusing you of throwing tantrums btw :)
Exactly, the bigger your folder of evidence, the more casualties they may have when we attack

That is an excellent interview. He will still get slaughtered in by the bbc mob though, I can almost see the liar spiers, the snidey oirish cracking their knuckles in anticipation.

Fucking fantastic interview and about time, only problem is the so called print media all top up there shite wages on the BBC so won’t call it out.

Don't disagree with anything he's saying but I still can't wrap my head around him working for us.

He was never a friend of Rangers, and undoubtedly he’s doing what he does because we’re paying him.

But it goes to show how even an embittered old hack like Traynor was sickened by the 2012 witch-hunt, and spoke out about it at the time, which ultimately finished him at BBC Scotland and the Record (IIRC).

That was 7 years ago and the levels of hatred towards our club, aided by the media bias, has only increased.

Could we publish the steps to take regarding not paying the TV licence, to 'help' our supporters make the decision. How to word the complaint possibly?

Ok, I'm all for not paying this tv licence.
What is the correct process and correct wording for this to be done legally ?

At last a little bit of information as to what the club is up to regarding this agenda driven organisation, bland statements that aren’t followed up are simply useless, also the club if they’re actually being proactive have to keep fans informed rather than the dignified silence we’ve had to suffer for years.
SFA should be next on the list to take to task.

Time for a protest outside the Bias Broadcasting Corporations offices.

I think it's clear that BBC Scotland is institutionally racist when you look at the treatment of Alfredo Morelos.

A very good interview in my opinion.
If you are not on FollowFollow, and I know a lot of people who aren’t, how can we get this Interview out to a wider section of our support.
I include our Support, as people who do not necessarily come to our games, for whatever valid reasons they may have.
As a side issue, surely we must have supporters who hold influential positions in Business, Corporate, and Political sectors who could add their weight to this discussions.Are we the silent majority?
It would appear to me, we are getting trampled upon by a certain minority section within our society, who are holding Senior influential positions within broadcasting organisations, which are being detrimental towards Rangers FC, and all of our Support.
We really need to tackle this issue head on, and be absolutely resolute in bringing this absurd situation to a satisfactory conclusion.

Traynor should, IMO, have pointed out that McLaughlin’s nonsense wasn’t just objected to by us but we had had a number of complaints upheld against him in the build up to his accreditation being withheld. It wasn’t just that we objected, it was that our objections were accepted by the BBC Trust.

Ok, I'm all for not paying this tv licence.
What is the correct process and correct wording for this to be done legally ?
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/law-you-dont-need-tv-14244618

Reading this it appears we don't pay the licence for the BBC.
Although monies collected from the licences sold are used to fund the BBC.
So going to court probably wouldn't work.
But these matters would need advice from a solicitor who would need to go through the legislation.

Ok so what should we do?
We need an organised response that will be followed by a large number of fans, this is the only way we will see any change.

Whilst watching this I was thinking about a current BBC Scotland employee who sits behind me at Ibrox and what’s they actually think about all this. Do they even tell their work the go to the games?

Last edited:
That interview has been a long time coming, can we come together as one and take this challenge head on is the next big question though, too many of our fans want to bleat about all our detractors but when it comes to action they sit on their hands. Hopefully this is the start of balancing things up.

Great interview - I think we need to keep the momentum going, the club through Traynor are clearly asking the fans to help. It would need to be well organised and well publisised as a few hundred doing a protest or cancelling tv licence isn't going to work. It needs to be thousands and passed onto fans that are not on forums or social media.

The only thing missing for me is naming names.

Who are the reporters who are obviously incapable of objectivity. Who are the managers we are negotiating with.

The only person named was one of the few in BBC Scotland who has some sympathy for Rangers, Derek Ferguson.

Last edited:
Anyone got the link Club1872 issues to complain ? i stopped paying my tv license and just got a letter saying they will be sending an officer

Great job Jim, long overdue but well done. It's a call to arms to all Bears, stop paying the licence fee, yes it comes with some degree of personal risk but once we have critical mass what are they gonna do - take 10,000 people to court?

Stop paying the licence fee, only by hitting them in the pocket will we bring about change - and email London and tell them why you are not paying.

Well done Jim again, credit where it is due.

A petition led by club 1872, get the signatures then organise a march to pacific quay to hand it in. Needs to be led by the club. The time for griping is over its time to take action. LETS GO

Anyone got the link Club1872 issues to complain ? i stopped paying my tv license and just got a letter saying they will be sending an officer

Make a spectacle of the whole thing, make a You Tube video of the whole process - infact make a donation to charity of the value of the licence fee, show it's not about money, it's about principle.

My licence fee is up for renewal in September (so I know it's easy to say) but this is what I intend on doing.

Thanks for that OP...greatly appreciated.

To be honest, I wouldn't have had him there if I had anything to do with it, but on this occasion, that was an outstanding clip. He spoke really well and hit a few targets too.

Proper channels...interesting.

If we do get back to some normality with the BBC then I hope our terms demand heads
Stewart, Cosgrove, English and Gordon for starters.
Anything less then it’s should be no deal

That last part is a call to arms. Should we all complain to BBC HQ an mass? They would then have to investigate the Scotland branch.

My thoughts exactly, call to stop paying the licence fee. The BBC are shit scared of this as so many in the UK have a grievance with the BBC, once one organisation starts it will be the domino effect. The BBC is garbage and more expensive than Netflix, the BBC is an anachronism that's had its day. This will hasten its demise.

And the fee hammers lower income people most.

With what has happened thus week I wonder if this is the club trying to bring matters to a head and have the BBC in England step in and demand the BBC here get this sorted

My thoughts exactly, call to stop paying the licence fee. The BBC are shit scared of this as so many in the UK have a grievance with the BBC, once one organisation starts it will be the domino effect. The BBC is garbage and more expensive than Netflix, the BBC is an anachronism that's had its day. This will hasten its demise.

And the fee hammers lower income people most.
I stopped paying it years ago. They are gutter rats.

"All we ask for is fairness, balance and equality"

The perfect way to finish. I'm sick to the back teeth of the soap opera. Sick of arguing with their journos and pundits on Twitter etc.

Is it too much to ask the national broadcaster to talk objectively on the football. Everything about Rangers gets turned into a frenzy and it's extremely boring. This could be helped immensely by the pundits and journo's if they just talked about the football instead of turning everything into a soap opera.

Immediately after the Old Firm game I walked out thinking nothing had happened. Brendan Rodgers after the game praises the referee, says best team won. It wasn't until Sportscene highlighted some minor incidents with Morelos did the frenzy start and it leads to making the situation with the refs even worse.

Last Sunday Steven Naismith and Tom Aldred were involved in a tussle that was identical to the tussle that Morelos and McKenna served bans for. It wasn't shown on Sportscene, I very much doubt the compliance officer saw it either.

Do you ever see Neville, Carragher or Redknapp etc behave like this. No.
Is English football an embarrassing soap opera like us. No

It's the same whenever we play Aberdeen. That photo of decapitated Ryan Jack, Simpson/Durrant gets brought up. It's like they want the trouble to kick off. Look a lot of the hatred will never go and it's what makes games so tasty up here but We've got a good league on our hands if we talk it up. We don't need hatred being stirred by the media.

Good post mate, but NOTHING will change. Too many people are living in nice houses and driving fancy cars on the back of the hatred and agenda driven nonsense.

We need more ex players on other platforms to call this out as well.

Too many ex players are more than happy to stick the boot in for a shilling from the BBC. Don’t expect much.

Good interview but why is it not being promoted on official club channels?

That club 1872 channel has less than 300 subscribers

Last edited:
Not Traynors biggest fan, but credit where it's due.He might be a c*2t of a man to some, but at least he's ours.He kind of sums up what the majority of us think and I am fine with him as the spokesman.He certainly does not miss his ex pal Mr English and has rightly called him and his cronies out for the one sided bigoted sods that they are.Hope this is the start of a concerted effort to fight back on behalf of the club and more importantly the grass roots fan who has to put up with the constant barrage of intentional anti Rangers stuff on a seemingly daily basis.I only hope and pray that this doesn't fizzle out like the once promising Shifty McGifty statement from Dave King.

good interview. It’s very difficult to see an end to this dispute as we can only achieve fairness, balance and accuracy if the BBC understand and admit that this has been missing in the past. Judging by the responses many of us have had to recent complaints, the BBC don’t show any signs that they are prepared to accept they have a problem any time soon.

You say “at least we are doing something” but I think it’s obvious by what was said in the interview that there’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we don’t know about.

So many on here are quick to point the finger at perceived inaction by the club and shout for statements to be released immediately, so hopefully the knowledge that the club is fighting our corner out of the public eye will temper any future tantrums.

I’m not accusing you of throwing tantrums btw :)

If the club and you bridle at "perceived inaction" then fill the communications vacuum, it's really very simple, Raffles. Tell us what's going on or our perceptions are based on results.
If we don't get our message out there, our enemies are emoboldened and the attacks increase which is what's been allowed to happen by our unacceptable approach.
Anyway, this is a decent start. I would have liked him to expand on what we could do, gave it a big build up then it fizzled out. What, specifically can the bears do?

If I can put it into perspective , even if just 10,000 bears in Scotland cancel their tv license , that’s over £120,000 a month or over £1.4 million a year if you prefer .

That’s a LOT of money for Pacific Quay FC to lose .

And I reckon we could easily double that figure as we are not talking about season ticket holders necessarily , just regular people who are Rangers fans sick fed up with our treatment by bbc Scotland .

Questions would be rapidly asked by the big bosses down south if Pacific Quay start suddenly seeing a drastic drop in their Scottish demographic not paying the fee .

Got a feeling this could well be the answer - it’s the only thing these cretins understand .

With evert passing day and ever more negative publicity towards our club and support we are reaching a saturation point where the fans will have to use their substantial power to effect change.Denying the BBC their licence fee is certainly one way that would get their attention but we have many enemies.
Perhaps we need a think tank to sit down and explore every avenue that our support can do to bring about that change.

Superb interview. And having seen both this one and the one the BBC aired, Traynor is 100% correct. None of the issues he raises in this interview were even touched upon in the BBC shite they put out.

Never back down on this Rangers. We are right and we all know we are right. The bigots in the BBC have to be dealt with

An interview with integrity and transparency. Great to Hear work ongoing to show how biased th BBC are

Back