Club 1872 Video Interview with Jim Traynor Regarding BBC Scotland

What we have been asking for for some time so I will give it the credit it is due.

There we have it folks for those who refuse to accept it , institunionalised bias is alive and well in the B.B.C

A rancid , rhabid organisation from top to bottom .

Very good interview but I don't need a reminder on how bias BBC Scotland are.
I saw this for myself many years ago and stopped funding them as a result.

Everybody has an opinion on the best way to withhold payment.
I've been using an extremely elaborate way to avoid this.

I simply refuse to pay the rancid bastards.

We're fighting back.

I don't like JT but that was an excellent interview and he's 100% correct

Definitely the biggest and strongest action we as fans can take, but do we have the bottle to put our money where our mouth is?

This is the question.

I would be up for a boycott of fee but would they not just fine you for not paying and make their money that way?

People will be scared to stop paying a fee that is legal and they could cost them a lot of money.

Any kind of boycott of fee would need to be organised by people who would get most on board. The Club can’t call for this but maybe club1872 could?

This is the question.

I would be up for a boycott of fee but would they not just fine you for not paying and make their money that way?

People will be scared to stop paying a fee that is legal and they could cost them a lot of money.

Any kind of boycott of fee would need to be organised by people who would get most on board. The Club can’t call for this but maybe club1872 could?
They can’t fine you if you don’t use the service.

Very good interview pointing out the club are working hard behind the scenes but this shows what we are up against with Scotland’s biggest media outlet. Traynor speaks very well and makes his points excently.The club are doing as much as they can behind the scenes but when you meet a brick wall it’s very difficult and this applies to our dealings with the SFA also

If the club and you bridle at "perceived inaction" then fill the communications vacuum, it's really very simple, Raffles. Tell us what's going on or our perceptions are based on results.

IMO this is the club telling us what’s been going on.
My point was that people who expect instant reactions from the club to every issue we face should be reassured by this interview that the club are fighting our corner albeit in private.
I thought I’d made that pretty clear.

If we don't get our message out there, our enemies are emoboldened and the attacks increase which is what's been allowed to happen by our unacceptable approach.

The club have clearly been working behind the scenes and now have decided that this is the best time to get our message out there.

Anyway, this is a decent start. I would have liked him to expand on what we could do, gave it a big build up then it fizzled out. What, specifically can the bears do?

Good question. There are some great suggestions on this thread already. I’d definitely be interested in some sort of march on pacific quay

Well said Jim Traynor, get BBC Scotland put in their place. Next up we should go after SNP polititians who think its ok to rubbish Rangers, guys like Humza Yousaf and Sturgeon for sweeping Salmond's child abuse under the carpet.

It's true they are NOW telling us SOME of what has been going on. Personally I'm not reassured by our negotiating for three? years. I'd say we need new negotiators.
Make it public, what would we lose?

Not his greatest fan but if you ask the senior management at Ibrox they will tell you that Traynor fire fights every week on negative stories about Rangers and he has many of them pulled.

Along with Novo’s damning piece in the Rangers News, it looks like the club are at last waking up to the bias and corruption against us.

I am stunned the English high heid yins haven't stepped in.

Gerrard is the biggest thing in Scotch football since Souness, and the BBC have no access to him.

The club should be commended, some would have folded by now but the club have and will stand there ground.

It's true they are NOW telling us SOME of what has been going on. Personally I'm not reassured by our negotiating for three? years. I'd say we need new negotiators.
Make it public, what would we lose?
I,d say we shouldn,t bother negotiating at all with them.they are in the wrong we are not.

Not the biggest fan of JT, never have been since his days in the Record or on the radio but I have absolutely no arguments with him here and think his performance was commendable.

He mentions that the dispute will take some time to be resolved albeit things are being “addressed” with BBC Scotland, however it’s still not clear to me if we have tried to resolve the issue with BBC HQ & been referred back to BBC Scotland, or if we haven’t tried that route at all?

We're fighting back.

I don't like JT but that was an excellent interview and he's 100% correct
JT has his faults like everybody else , and would probably admit he was undeniably wrong saying our fans deserved a battering in Spain which was a very poor and callous comment, moving on to this interview I think this is bang on and very eloquently put together by traynor and nails bbc Scotland "This is the biggest club in the country " was pretty good

Good interview - added to the Robertson one from last week, this is a long deserved public calling out of blatant institutional bias. Great measured, reasonable tone too in both. Can’t say I’m hopeful of any change in relations mind you.

Saying this impasse from BBC Scotland will take years to get sorted is wrong. The Club should be taking this higher and go to the BBC Board of Governors. BBC Scotland management are not fit for purpose.

Gerrard is the biggest thing in Scotch football since Souness, and the BBC have no access to him.

The club should be commended, some would have folded by now but the club have and will stand there ground.

We've been hearing for ages that the BBC in England want to get this fixed. They are the bosses, if they wanted this fixed it would be.

The fact Dan Walker supports BBC Scotland in this whole thing says to me they don't care about fixing it.

It's also good that we are actually recording instances from Twitter etc to be used in the future.

Saying this impasse from BBC Scotland will take years to get sorted is wrong. The Club should be taking this higher and go to the BBC Board of Governors. BBC Scotland management are not fit for purpose.
You should write to tell them just incase Jim Traynor doesn’t know which parts of the BBC has control over which parts.

Why didn’t Stuart Robertson give that interview to Club1872? It would have carried a lot more weight and the BBC wouldn’t be able to ignore it.

Why can't the club go straight to OFCOM and demand an investigation? Because this isn't about isolated incidents is it, it's continual repeated institutional bias and bigotry we're talking about.

And, If the club has tried it's best to complain and have gotten nowhere, then surely, just like is our right as individuals, it's time to take that 2 inch thick file to the watchdog and let them do their job.

Last edited:
If I can put it into perspective , even if just 10,000 bears in Scotland cancel their tv license , that’s over £120,000 a month or over £1.4 million a year if you prefer .

That’s a LOT of money for Pacific Quay FC to lose .

And I reckon we could easily double that figure as we are not talking about season ticket holders necessarily , just regular people who are Rangers fans sick fed up with our treatment by bbc Scotland .

Questions would be rapidly asked by the big bosses down south if Pacific Quay start suddenly seeing a drastic drop in their Scottish demographic not paying the fee .

Got a feeling this could well be the answer - it’s the only thing these cretins understand .
I wish I was back there to stop paying them.

Gerrard is the biggest thing in Scottish football since Souness, and the BBC have no access to him.

I had to fix that alcohol Scotch thing we are Scottish, everything else I agree with.

Anyone got the link Club1872 issues to complain ? i stopped paying my tv license and just got a letter saying they will be sending an officer
Don't let them in to your house and ask them to leave your property,once you let them in your house and they see your telly your'e fecked!!...I can assure you they won't take you to court as it costs too much to do that, also they can't prove you have a telly,I now haven't been paying for 3 years,I have had had I think 4/5 Sherriffs officers calling and I have told them to get to feck,I have had umpteen threating letters, they get shredded and put in the recycle bin

Don't disagree with anything he's saying but I still can't wrap my head around him working for us.
Same here as he used to be part of the problem.

We have to run with what we have just now and back the club and unfortunately Traynor as well if he is the tool the club have chosen to use to fight the problem.

We should all cancel our license fee. I had never paid it but the wife bottled it about 12 years ago when they came to the door. I told her yesterday to cancel the DD.

I know Traynor divides opinion on here - but he’s the right man to take the fight to BBC Scotland. He worked with them for years and knows how they operate. I think the fact that “talks” have been ongoing for years with no resolution means that Rangers (him) won’t back down until the fight is won.

Back