Club 1872

Robertson made a big song and dance about improving lines of communication between the board and the fans, although I suspect that was all a load of hot air. Club 1872 have a duty though to hold the board to account over this farce, especially since the answers provided at last week’s AGM were unsatisfactory and condescending.

Club 1872 need to stand up and prove that they are a powerful voice within the club or else they will quickly lose paying members.

The board IMO are just another in what is a growing line of boards that are making us the fans objects of ridicule in the work place, pub etc.

They couldn't have made a bigger shambolic mess of this if they tried.

He was not up for the fight,he could not handle the pressure he would have been under from the press.in 2years time he will be out of a job,and thinking what if,just like Scott Allan.forgot he was even one of us.w.a.t.p.no surrender

club 1872 should speak for all fans, and all fans are not up in arms against the board over this.
they wanted to offer him the job but were not allowed to speak with him before he said no.

This is where Club 1872 need to stand up and represent the fans. That's what they were formed to do.

The good faith between the board and fans is being utterly destroyed and actions must be taken to prevent the damage being irreparable.

Something some of you on here seem to forget that the people involved with C1872 are volunteers not full-time workers, they have their own work to deal with, so a statement maybe today, (friday) or possibly later, get off their backs it's usually the clowns that are not even members of C1872 that do all the complaining

Robertson made a big song and dance about improving lines of communication between the board and the fans, although I suspect that was all a load of hot air. Club 1872 have a duty though to hold the board to account over this farce, especially since the answers provided at last week’s AGM were unsatisfactory and condescending.

Club 1872 need to stand up and prove that they are a powerful voice within the club or else they will quickly lose paying members.

Yes, exactly.

I’d firstly like them to really press on the issue of who the fuck thought it was a good idea to sign off on that statement earlier and just add further embarrassment to this ridiculous scenario.

Yes, exactly.

I’d firstly like them to really press on the issue of who the fuck thought it was a good idea to sign off on that statement earlier and just add further embarrassment to this ridiculous scenario.
Totally agree mate. That statement was an utter embarrassment and up there with that shambles that was released the night Warburton left. Club 1872 need to prove their worth here and hold the club to account because we’re just lurching from one disaster to the next.

I’m a Club 1872 member

I agree not all members will agree the statement is a shambles. But in my opinion that’s just the tip of the iceberg! I’m sure most of not all will agree that it’s nkt acceptable to go this long without a manager? That it’s not acceptable to have no plan b (god it doesn’t appear they even had a plan a)! The way this whole farce has been conducted is a disgrace and again i’m sure most of not all members will agree.

So for all the reasons above club 1872 need to do something! Doesn’t have to be a scathing statement, but a request for a meeting? A request for transparency from the board as was agreed many moons ago? They have to do something about this whole saga, it’s a big part of why they were created and why we all joined, to hold the board accountable.

Maybe club 1872 should put all their statements in a book and sell the book. They have released that many statements I can’t remember them.

Because you are embarrassed doesn't mean to say everyone else is.
You feel embarrassed if you want, I am not in the least.

There is no outstanding candidate.
No one had the majority of the fans behind him.

It is going to take time.
We shouldn't be jumping in with 2 feet.
You don't think it's embarrassing that we've waited six weeks only to get rejected by an Aberdeen manager? You don't think it's disgraceful we have a board who have effectively given up on the season and yet who are trying to flog us half season tickets? Or that we've got a chairman who's announced to the world like an utter buffoon that everyone that's already applied is shit? Who the hell would want this job? That statement was rude, condescending and a childish attempt to run down someone's character. Any statement signed off by a Rangers board should be classy and dignified - that statement is the polar opposite. We have a fat, argumentative and arrogant tosser in charge of our media and PR relations and yet our utterly incompetent Managing Director seems to think he's 'an asset'. We are a shambles from top to bottom.

%^*& me, I'd hate to see how far it will go if you're not embarrassed by this utter fucking shambles

You don't think it's embarrassing that we've waited six weeks only to get rejected by an Aberdeen manager? You don't think it's disgraceful we have a board who have effectively given up on the season and yet who are trying to flog us half season tickets? Or that we've got a chairman who's announced to the world like an utter buffoon that everyone that's already applied is shit? Who the hell would want this job? That statement was rude, condescending and a childish attempt to run down someone's character. Any statement signed off by a Rangers board should be classy and dignified - that statement is the polar opposite. We have a fat, argumentative and arrogant tosser in charge of our media and PR relations and yet our utterly incompetent Managing Director seems to think he's 'an asset'. We are a shambles from top to bottom.
I am putting it all down to experience.

In our history we have been rejected by the Aberdeen manager and the Dundee hivs manager for the same vacancy.
In our history we have had the Rover Season Ticket. Sit in any seat you want.
Did you want a statement that said, "Thanks for that Derek"?

250,000 went to Manchester. Out of that quarter of a million, not one has came up with a realistic name, that we could all get behind. Do you want the board to lie and say they are all excellent candidates, we are spoiled for choice?

No I am not in the least bit embarrassed. I will still follow on with pride in my heart, not embarrassment.
No matter how long it takes, let's get it right.

You are slamming the Club statement, yet the thread is about Club1872 making a statement slagging off the board.

I am putting it all down to experience.

In our history we have been rejected by the Aberdeen manager and the Dundee hivs manager for the same vacancy.
In our history we have had the Rover Season Ticket. Sit in any seat you want.
Did you want a statement that said, "Thanks for that Derek"?

250,000 went to Manchester. Out of that quarter of a million, not one has came up with a realistic name, that we could all get behind. Do you want the board to lie and say they are all excellent candidates, we are spoiled for choice?

No I am not in the least bit embarrassed. I will still follow on with pride in my heart, not embarrassment.
No matter how long it takes, let's get it right.
McLean and Ferguson rejecting us in 1983 is totally different to Derek McInnes giving us the snub in 2017. The statement was classless and needlessly confrontational. They probably could have gotten away with trying to tell us we've been swamped with excellent candidates weeks ago but now we can see right through them. King coming out saying our next manager would be one already under contract and who has British/Scottish football experience BEFORE even approaching Aberdeen or McInnes was daft and just shows they took him for granted by assuming he'd say 'yes' to the job. By the end of this month we will have spent 16 weeks managerless in 2017. That's utterly unacceptable and I predict the fans' frustration will be reflected in a decline in ST sales in a few months.

They should be releasing a harsh statement about the whole situation, but they won't.

And they wonder why fans aren't flocking to put their money into them.

McLean and Ferguson rejecting us in 1983 is totally different to Derek McInnes giving us the snub in 2017. The statement was classless and needlessly confrontational. They probably could have gotten away with trying to tell us we've been swamped with excellent candidates weeks ago but now we can see right through them. King coming out saying our next manager would be one already under contract and who has British/Scottish football experience BEFORE even approaching Aberdeen or McInnes was daft and just shows they took him for granted by assuming he'd say 'yes' to the job. By the end of this month we will have spent 16 weeks managerless in 2017. That's utterly unacceptable and I predict the fans' frustration will be reflected in a decline in ST sales in a few months.
Yes it was totally different.
We had the best and most modern stadium in Europe.
We had the Albion, for training purposes, very few could brag about.
We were still winning trophies. Relatively speaking we had more money and a better squad.

They didn't try and get away with it.
They told us the truth. Knowing the truth would come out.

Again. You have slammed the Club statement, but want Club1872 to issue a statement slamming Traynor, Robertson and the board. What happened to "Let's stay united"?

Why ? so he knocked us back and chose to stay where he is. I'm not concerned in the slightest. Do i really want a manager in charge of us with his small club mentality, course not. I don't see the point in statements and if they do want to say something then I'd much prefer it done via private channels.

Lets stop bed wetting here. The Aberdeen manager didn't come. Lets put it in perspective

We were still winning trophies. Relatively speaking we had more money and a better squad.

Again. You have slammed the Club statement, but want Club1872 to issue a statement slamming Traynor, Robertson and the board. What happened to "Let's stay united"?
We didn’t mess about for six weeks before bothering to approach them. They were in charge of successful sides themselves, and far more so than McInnes has achieved at Aberdeen.

If the board had truly rated McInnes they’d have approached him after Warburton left. They didn’t, and rather they spent six weeks of scouring the globe only to produce Pedro Caixinha. Everyone and their dog knew he wouldn't last beyond Christmas so the board should have learned enough about strategic planning in order to make a swoop for a manager pretty swiftly.

It's unacceptable to take this length of time only to go for the guy we could and should have approached a long time ago. It's even worse that we clearly don't have a plan B to quickly move onto or else Murty wouldn't have been given the job until 'at least' the new year.

The only issue i have with Club 1872 is they make great statements but do not get acknowledged bu the current board in any way so it all seems a bit pointless?

Who’s saying the need to slam the board?

They need to come out and question the board, seek answers, clarification and transparency! One of the mains reasons they even exist

We’re in the beginning of Dec and it basically feels like they have given up on this season already. Taking his long to appoint a manger is criminal.

We didn’t mess about for six weeks before bothering to approach them. They were in charge of successful sides themselves, and far more so than McInnes has achieved at Aberdeen.

If the board had truly rated McInnes they’d have approached him after Warburton left. They didn’t, and rather they spent six weeks of scouring the globe only to produce Pedro Caixinha. Everyone and their dog knew he wouldn't last beyond Christmas so the board should have learned enough about strategic planning in order to make a swoop for a manager pretty swiftly.

It's unacceptable to take this length of time only to go for the guy we could and should have approached a long time ago. It's even worse that we clearly don't have a plan B to quickly move onto or else Murty wouldn't have been given the job until 'at least' the new year.
They didn't wait 6 weeks, because they were obvious candidates.
This time there is no obvious candidate.

Sorry, I am still not embarrassed.
I still want us all to stay united.
I still don't want Club1872 issuing a statement slagging off, the board or any employee.

Dave King also banged on (for far too long imo) at the AGM about the responsibility that the board had to ‘non-fan’ investors. I wonder what the ‘non-fans’ think about us not having foresight, a succession plan, or new manager for this long, and with no plan in sight....
This is surely one of the most important roles in the whole ‘company’?
Would you give them a vote of confidence if you weren’t a fan?
For me they still have goodwill, but only because I am a fan.

t was

Who’s saying the need to slam the board?

They need to come out and question the board, seek answers, clarification and transparency! One of the mains reasons they even exist

We’re in the beginning of Dec and it basically feels like they have given up on this season already. Taking his long to appoint a manger is criminal.
What do you want them to ask?
"When will a manager be appointed?" The Club have already answered it.
"Clarification and transparency." That is just soundbite claptrap.
The Club has said from day one, there was no outstanding candidate. A fact all agreed by the fans.
They didn't cover anything up or feed us any nonsense.

Any other stupid questions, per the tone of the thread.
"When are you going to sack Robertson?"

The Club had it's AGM last week, for all shareholders not just Club1872 to ask questions.

Too mamy running that show with alternitive motives, to rock the boat.......

If this isn't the case why is Club 1872 not chasing the board for an explanation in relation to what the hell is going on.

We've just had our AGM and we are further in the dark on all fronts......

What do you want them to ask?
"When will a manager be appointed?" The Club have already answered it.
"Clarification and transparency." That is just soundbite claptrap.
The Club has said from day one, there was no outstanding candidate. A fact all agreed by the fans.
They didn't cover anything up or feed us any nonsense.

Any other stupid questions, per the tone of the thread.
"When are you going to sack Robertson?"

The Club had it's AGM last week, for all shareholders not just Club1872 to ask questions.

Good to know you’re happy with how the last 6 weeks have gone

Glad to know you’re happy to go to Easter road and Celtic Park in the next few weeks with the u20’s coach in charge

Glad to know you’re happy with having a less than transparent board

Glad to know you’re happy with unprofessional statements being issued on behalf of the club

Glad to know you’re happy to write the season off in Dec

Dave King also banged on (for far too long imo) at the AGM about the responsibility that the board had to ‘non-fan’ investors. I wonder what the ‘non-fans’ think about us not having foresight, a succession plan, or new manager for this long, and with no plan in sight....
This is surely one of the most important roles in the whole ‘company’?
Would you give them a vote of confidence if you weren’t a fan?
For me they still have goodwill, but only because I am a fan.

This is insane. They did focus on the 2 different investors. The non-fan investors will be a bit cautious around some of these issues around succession planning, however in the main they will be happy enough with the financial management. It is US the FANS who are being totally let down due to their inability to run a football operation. That makes your comment ridiculous.

Well said OTL, good old fashioned common sense it will never catch on in FF land.

Good to know you’re happy with how the last 6 weeks have gone

Glad to know you’re happy to go to Easter road and Celtic Park in the next few weeks with the u20’s coach in charge

Glad to know you’re happy with having a less than transparent board

Glad to know you’re happy with unprofessional statements being issued on behalf of the club

Glad to know you’re happy to write the season off in Dec
Glad to know you have had a total of 10 posts.
The majority of which are sticking the boot into the board and Club1872

As a director of Club 1872 I would ask for a little patience. We are actively discussing the matter to find the best way forward, as somebody intimated earlier we don't want to be seen as an organisation that only issues statements. Please remember we are all Rangers fans as well and feel the pain as keenly as everybody else.

Why is Club 1872 discussing the best way forward? What exactly have Club 1872 got to do with the manager appointment? You speak for the members. The members aren't happy. The members and wider support aren't happy. The whole episode is embarrassing for the club and support. Maybe a statement from you is exactly not required. You haven't exactly held the board and executive to account in the past.

Why is Club 1872 discussing the best way forward? What exactly have Club 1872 got to do with the manager appointment? You speak for the members. The members aren't happy. The members and wider support aren't happy. The whole episode is embarrassing for the club and support. Maybe a statement from you is exactly not required. You haven't exactly held the board and executive to account in the past.[/QUOTE

The majority of the Club 1872 board have only been in place since November and prior to that there was a broken board. Why do so many people fire bullets? I find it disheartening that Rangers fans find it so easy to be negative towards each other. To do things in a professional and competent manner takes time.

Too busy blocking folk on twatter.
What was your email about and I will personally look into it. Remember the board are volunteers, I am at work just now, taking time to post on here. In addition there is only one admin worker so again lets be realistic.

As a director of Club 1872 I would ask for a little patience. We are actively discussing the matter to find the best way forward, as somebody intimated earlier we don't want to be seen as an organisation that only issues statements. Please remember we are all Rangers fans as well and feel the pain as keenly as everybody else.
Why is Club 1872 discussing the best way forward? What exactly have Club 1872 got to do with the manager appointment? You speak for the members. The members aren't happy. The members and wider support aren't happy. The whole episode is embarrassing for the club and support. Maybe a statement from you is exactly not required. You haven't exactly held the board and executive to account in the past.
Don't even talk to them.
The appointment has nothing to do with you, but the fans aren't happy, so get them told.
I am full authority on the opinion of the fans
Just come back and tell us when you have kicked their baws
:D

Mully, it's disheartening that we as a support find ourselves in this situation. You speak for circa 6k member's. You fire off statements which are not fire and brimstone but almost lick spittleesque in their content. 6k members are probably not happy about both the managerial vacancy and that embarrassment of a statement clearly sanctioned by the club. When will you be holding the board to account. You are the second largest shareholding re you not?

they must speak out on

1) The omnishambles of the last six weeks
2) these utterly pish statements from traynor.

Both are beneath what we should expect from our club.

Back