Club asking fans to wear Blue v PSV

PBecause they know that the Rangers protestant identity has its colours and that is orange and blue.

Two colours together that will always be a best seller at Ibrox...... then they will dismiss the support on the very same subject.

#cashbeforethesash
Wtf, this is a completely different point from the one you quoted :))

You do know fans could still have taken their top and worn it another day they were there?

It wasn’t even a difficult request. Just shows the attitude of some that think they’re better than the rest

No one cared if it was a £5 Asda T-shirt or a designer top, as long as it was blue
I was completely in the dark that the club had made that request. I genuinely knew nothing about it and this is the first ive heard about it. There wouldve been thousands the same. Nothing to do with being better than anyone else.

The cynic in me sees this as an indication that the two away strips have sold better than expected and the home one isn't selling as well as expected.

I’ll be delighted to wear blue. I want every single official and Director of the club to join me. If it’s good enough for me it’s good enough for them. Everyone and anyone

This thread is hilarious. some strange people on here.

Not complaining. I'm strange, People are strange, when your a stranger.

Quality reading for an Insomniac.

Reactions: WBD
With the cost of everything going up, what if someone or a family can only afford to buy one top a season and decided to buy the orange one because it was out first and was released to be worn in Seville. Are they going to feel bad by wearing this seasons kit but in a different colour. Stupid idea, wear what you like.
What are you slabbering about? It says wear blue not wear this season’s home top.

Reactions: WBD
Would this be ok or would I be refused entry?

Yo, listen up here's a story
About a little guy
That lives in a blue world
And all day and all night…

Reminds me of that tune.... Hmmm

I didn't know we were supposed to wear blue in Seville.
I did but wasn't aware I was supposed to.
I had no idea anyone from the club had asked us to wear blue in Seville. I didn’t as it happens. As for PSV if you want to wear blue then do so, if not no one is going to think any less of you for not doing so.

The cynic in me sees this as an indication that the two away strips have sold better than expected and the home one isn't selling as well as expected.

I think they’re also using some sort of mind control apparatus that will make people go and buy the new top and not wear something blue they already have, crafty buggers, come to think of it, the sky is really blue just now, they are definitely controlling the weather to influence us.

Hopefully it gets everyone’s backing and we get the spectacle it can be

I eagerly await the “No one will be telling me what I can and cant wear” brigade though

I don’t think Royal Blue is in the UBs dress code is it?

What do they do for these kind of events?

This thread really hits home just how much I dislike some fans of ours

I can already picture an older guy that sits in front of me to the left. Not a chance he’ll turn up in blue, his reaction is more likely to be “feck that, I’ll no be having anyone telling me wit to wear when am paying £34 for the privilege. They can tell me wit to wear when they start paying for ma ticket”.

Some of the excuses I’ve seen on here for not wearing a blue top is embarrassing.

I refuse to believe that a Rangers man doesn’t own a blue T-shirt / polo shirt of some sort. And if you don’t, you’re not really a real Rangers man tbh

Depends on the forecast tbf. If it's dry I can partake. If it's wet I'll need a jacket, none of which are blue. Pretty much all grey or black.
Here you go, problem solved:

It would be interesting to see sales numbers of our kits, I know it's been out longer but it felt like there was more folk wearing the orange top than the home last night.
I just think it stands out more because it’s a hi-viz shade of orange.

Spend your money on the new kit, but we will tell you when to wear it. Fvck that.

Why did the team wear the new white and red away top last week when there wasn't a colour clash? To promote sales of that particular top.

I absolutely love, LOVE how you’ve doubled down on this nonsense.

Non compliance up there with those running onto the pitch for me. 3 year ban and season ticket to the next person on the waiting list...

I jest, good move by the club encouraging us to do our bit. I feel like the club is more in tune with the fans this season in terms of getting us on our feet and generating a bit of atmosphere for the big games. Stuff like this helps that. We all have a blue top somewhere. No one is forcing anyone to go out and spend £65 on the new home shirt.

I was completely in the dark that the club had made that request. I genuinely knew nothing about it and this is the first ive heard about it. There wouldve been thousands the same. Nothing to do with being better than anyone else.
It was the UB that requested everyone wear blue for the final, nothing from the club about it.

Because they know that the Rangers protestant identity has its colours and that is orange and blue.

Two colours together that will always be a best seller at Ibrox...... then they will dismiss the support on the very same subject.

#cashbeforethesash
Isn’t it amazing how we didn’t have an orange kit of any description for the first 110 years of our existence and we managed fine.

I’ve told her don’t go any higher than Gant or Fred Perry for me, but every so often she sneaks in a Lacoste or a boss one and I end up driving her mad by “keeping them good” still in the packet sometimes for years. Wearing a polo top is dressing up for me truth be told!
I thought it was only me who didn't wear my expensive gear cos I was 'keeping it good' :)
As far as the club's request to wear blue is concerned, I don't think it's unreasonable, particularly in this fine weather. It doesn't matter if it's this season's shirt or my favourite 'Gazza' shirt from 8 in a row. We can all find a top or t-shirt to turn Ibrox into a sea of Rangers blue.

Because they know that the Rangers protestant identity has its colours and that is orange and blue.

#cashbeforethesash
I’m not sure that’s anything to do with what I said mate lol

I only have the orange top from this year and now I'm expected to go out and buy the blue home top? I don't think they know about the cost of living crisis.

Disgrace.

It would be interesting to see sales numbers of our kits, I know it's been out longer but it felt like there was more folk wearing the orange top than the home last night.

I've not bought any of them apart from the orange top as I'd purchased that for heading to Seville. Will get round to it at some point but more important things to spend my cash on at the moment

What can be better than seeing the ‘Blue Sea of Ibrox’.

For just one game, something blue, be it a strip, a tee shirt, a vest.

Which will increase even further the fantastic reviews the Ibrox atmosphere is receiving all over the world.

If you are against that I question if you really really bother about the Clubs reputation and or love being eristic.

Latest posts

Back