Club being sued for £1.6m over Oz friendly

Brian11Laudrup

According to the record.

This is one bill which if it turns out is payable to the organisers, should be paid by the full board personally that signed off on this.

This simply shouldn’t be paid out of the club funds for what was an absolutely shocking idea.

I also struggle to see what our defence will be to avoid paying it as we all know they only withdrew due to severe opposition from the fans.

Absolutely criminal how much of our limited funds we’ve pissed away in court cases. Must be close to £15m to SD alone over the years and that’s not taking into account this new one, Hummel/Elite amongst others.

It wouldn’t be a huge surprise, the board clearly saw the reaction of the fans then looked for a way to get out of the contract.

Maybe if one of the participants didn’t advertised us as being part of a competition known as “Angeys homecoming” before it was officially announced it might not have created the issues that arose. And all to continue a coverup that should be enough to ensure no club has to play that bastardised team.

The board are so desperate for money that we sign off on deals without any kind of due diligence or consideration.

Then when it turns out to be a shit deal or just a terrible idea, we back out and get dragged into court for it.

The executive team and our legal briefs absolutely MUST be chased out of the club.

The club should have stuck to their guns when they made the decision to play in it. The moment they allowed the fans to make the decision, alot of folk lost respect for them. Allowing the tail to wag the dog should never happen regardless of if they made the right or wrong decision in the first place.
Can you imagine the grandstanding of Celtic that the Australian media would have facilitated as the supporter “their man”?

Add that to the situation with our manager and I am utterly relieved that we were nowhere near this tournament. Ridiculous decision in the first place, a Rangers Board has to be far more savvy.

The club should have stuck to their guns when they made the decision to play in it. The moment they allowed the fans to make the decision, alot of folk lost respect for them. Allowing the tail to wag the dog should never happen regardless of if they made the right or wrong decision in the first place.
A lot of folk lost all respect for them when the agreed to it in the first place. I certainly did.

Can't afford players because we need to be sensible and protect the club from getting into too much debt but can squander millions away in court cases. It's sickening that most of the champs league money is going to fat Mike and the rest who have us up at court.

Did the memorial wall shambles get sorted or is that next in the pipeline.

According to the record.

This is one bill which if it turns out is payable to the organisers, should be paid by the full board personally that signed off on this.

This simply shouldn’t be paid out of the club funds for what was an absolutely shocking idea.

I also struggle to see what our defence will be to avoid paying it as we all know they only withdrew due to severe opposition from the fans.

Absolutely criminal how much of our limited funds we’ve pissed away in court cases. Must be close to £15m to SD alone over the years and that’s not taking into account this new one, Hummel/Elite amongst others.
Absolutely.
Gross incompetence.

Possibly the most perfect example I have ever seen of a Board that doesn't have a clue about how normal, everyday fans feel.
As some others have suggested, there should have been (and still should be!) a wedge of resignations from the Board after that. Every signatory to it.
I mean, genuinely, what true Rangers man sees this "Australian" idea and actually thinks it's a good idea ??

Get it paid out of your own pockets.

Did we not officially withdraw from this sham after it was advertised by Celtic when it was to done together?
That was the story. But it was clear they were looking for a loophole. Going by their track record, they have probably messed it up.

To the original point. The people who signed it off 100% should pay for it. Somehow.

It’s the equivalent of 4000 folks season ticket money.

The litigation merry go round at Rangers!!

Who will jump on or off it next week?

Shambles.

Shouldn’t have even been an option in the first place. Playing a friendly with that lot, what a fucking wildly stupid idea when we can’t even stand the sight of each other in Glasgow.

Utter madness and something that the board should be taking full 100% responsibility for, especially Bisgrove regardless of how good he is at his job.

Back