Club confirm Itten

We've just added two strikers who have aerial ability. Roofe is brilliant in the air, the blog on Itten states his aerial skills and stats. A 1/4 of his goals are headers.

(Itten); His positioning is brilliant, with most of his goals coming from his ability to find space in the box. Itten is always in the right place at the right time, making smart runs in between the lines and causing havoc...

Movement, intelligence and runs into the box are a trait of Roofe.

Attacking runs with and without the ball at feet. It's something we have lacked. We've just added two players who possess this.

Itten averaged a goal every two games throughout his time at St. Gallen. He's scored 3 in 2 at international level. He's 23, Roofe is 27.

Good article but I had a smirk at the 2/3rds of his goals For Switzerland were headers... 2. Got to love stats!

No messing about from the club. A clear sign that we mean business this season.

Trim the likes of Jones and Barker from the squad and another CM and we have a title-winning squad imo.
There can be no more excuses from the management if we fail to win silverware this season.

Just seen Itten game through the Basel youth ranks with that Ajeti who the Tims are trying to sign. Both strikers, Itten actually took his place in the Swiss team as Ajeti couldn’t get on the West Ham bench.

He seems to be able to score in a variety of ways and a fair few scrappy goals too which I think is something we are missing. I feel we score a lot of really well worked goals but often the scrappy ones are the difference over the course of a season.

Welcome to Rangers Itten, what a day for signings. This boy looks like a real good player.

The board have really done great today.

Not on this much, but well chuffed about today. As much as I've loved El Buffalo the past few years, we've been over-reliant on him and his style. Looks like the new guys have that traditional striker bit about them, perfect for Bornas crosses :))

I've a feeling Itten might be the first choice with Roofe taking Hagis place in the team. Don't know why other than I think we are going for three interchangeable forwards.

Hagi may well drop back slightly. They will probably all end up playing similar numbers of games.

Looking at the link to Ittens goals, he has a similar look to Haaland imo although I'm obviously not saying he is of the same standard.

He looks like a handful, pesters defenders and keepers in those clips. Seems like he doesn’t mind it getting scrappy as long as the ball ends up in the net

Think this has the potential to be a steal of a signing for the price touted.

It is only youtube videos but i loved his movement into space in the box. Always on the run in the box to get onto a cross wether it low or high. I think our play highly fits this guys style for hunting goals.

Lets hope

Just saw a video on twitter of all his goals he's scored. Can't figure out if he's left or right footed but he scored an absolute peach with his left foot against Basel.

When was the last time we had a striker that was left footed?

Just saw a video on twitter of all his goals he's scored. Can't figure out if he's left or right footed but he scored an absolute peach with his left foot against Basel.

When was the last time we had a striker that was left footed?
Takes penalties with his right so you would have to assume he is right footed.

Must admit I have never heard of him, but now he has signed for the famous I know he is a terrific player. One hopes he does not get kicked to bits by the hammer throwers in the SPL.

Back