• Rangers

Votes: 464 68.5%
  • The Rangers

Votes: 160 23.6%
  • Glasgow Rangers

Votes: 53 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The press were the ones who instigated the 'Glasgow' prefix and it kinda stuck.

I know that many foreigners refer to us as Glasgow too especially in central and eastern Europe.
Many older bears refer to us as 'The Rangers', but to me, I've always taken my cue from what it says on the front of the main stand, Rangers F.C.

Mostly Rangers for me.

A lot of the older generation I know prefer The Rangers.
. That must be me then. It's like: The Open; The Grand National; The Derby. Anyone who doesn't know that The Rangers is a unique institution isn't worth an explanation.

The Glasgow Rangers,
The Tim’s hate it I remember when I was young there was a big debate about it and lads were saying it’s pronounced THEE Glasgow Rangers they were spitting blood. Haha

We are The Rangers or just Rangers. I don't know who Glasgow Rangers are though. Never heard of them.

When I first move to England the conversation of who I supported often went like this.

Essex man- who do you support?
Me- Rangers
Essex man- Glasscow?
Me- THE.

I prefer Glasgow Rangers, it’s in loads of our songs. A Trip to Ibrox, Forever and Ever etc. It’s always the been the Rangers as an individual player is called a Ranger. Glasgow Rangers has more to it, just sounds better in my opinion.

“We’ll follow the Gers, the Glasgow Rangers, the Teddy Bears”
“There’s not a team like the “Glasgow Rangers
“Have you seen the Glasgow Rangers, have you seen the boys in blue”
“Won’t you play the Glasgow Rangers, won’t you play up the boys in blue”
Just a few examples. I personally find Glasgow Rangers better as there are numerous teams with Rangers, Glasgow being the home of Rangers. If someone asks me who I support I say “Rangers”. The Rangers has always been the Rangers as an individual who plays for Rangers is called a “Ranger”.

Whats everyone's choice when referring to the club? My own personal choice is The Rangers and dont particularly see the need for Glasgow to be included as people should know who we are you wouldn't get a London Tottenham Hotspur or Liverpool Everton for example.
I can understand where your coming from,very good point but when my late father took me in1960 it was "the famous Glasgow Rangers" and I still feel proud to call them that!

Depends , when Shouting at Ibrox
“ C’mon The Rangers “
Somebody asks who I support “ Rangers”
If asked who I support, it’s always THE Rangers.
Emphasising that there is only one Rangers.
The others are copies of the original and the best.

Always refer to us as Rangers unless I'm feeling particularly proud if say a foreigner asks me what team I support then it's The Rangers.
So I suppose I'm going to have to vote for Rangers

When I first moved down to England, first Jersey, London then the North East loads just called us Glasgow. I used to tell them there were six teams in Glasgow but only one Rangers

Generally Rangers but the Big Team when conversing with scum fans

I have used many acceptable names to describe the team I support over the years.
Glasgow Rangers
The Rangers
Rangers
The Teddy Bears
The Queens Eleven
The Gers
The Sons of William

Whatever name I use, one thing is certain.

EVERY FECKER KNOWS WHAT TEAM I SUPPORT BY MY DESCRIPTION.

Living abroad, I use Glasgow Rangers when talking to locals and folks who might be more familiar with other Rangers teams like New York or Texas. I don't have a problem using Glasgow Rangers as we're known as that in some songs.

Apart from that though it's just Rangers.

The one thing I can't stand is when people refer to us as the famous, it sounds like a league one club's nickname

Back