Club no longer interested in Zoran Nizic

I'd assume it was for cover, with Helander out injured until march and then it would take him time to get up to speed. If the price and wage were right I could see it. We could've enquired and they've then wanted a lot more than, what we thought a 30 year old centre half is worth.

I dont believe we would waste any of our January transfer funds on a defender, especially with how strong at the back we are at present and although not the best player in the world Flannagan can cover both fullbacks.

Doesn’t seem like there was much to this from our end anyway. It’s not a position we are desperate to fill.

Good, if they have asked for more than we are willing to pay, we should walk away. We have to be sensible about where our money goes.

Surely having 3 centre halfs there will suffice until Helander is back in the fold? Touch wood.

A 3rd striker is more of a priority.

We don’t need any cover for Helander ,we have Edmunson . Imagine how downhearted he’d be if we signed another central defender

If we’re going to strengthen any area of the team I wouldn’t expect it to be defence, unless it’s someone we’ve been watching for a while and need to move now.

Having another defender at present would make it too crowded. I'm happy if we were to remove some but lets not add to the already large wage bill

Apparently Mayo loan move to Thistle has been put on hold because of Helander's injury so there could be some truth in this

We don’t need any cover for Helander ,we have Edmunson . Imagine how downhearted he’d be if we signed another central defender
Exactly so, and if he was playing I’d happily chance it with Mayo on the bench rather than spunk a wad on a centre half with no prospect of selling on

Back