Club statement on hibs ticketing

At least I'm consistent , I'm readily aware it takes 22 players and 2 teams to make a game of football likewise 2 supports to create an atmosphere you on the other hand want to cut away supports whilst on other threads were quite happily admit that 75% of your RSC want to cut a certain clubs away allocation but yet will still run a full bus to that club..... You have no courage of your convictions

The bus to the piggery is tiny mate. You really should be aware of the facts before making personal judgements that lead to erroneous accusations.

The bus to Ibrox for a game against the scum is the biggest of the season.

Now, go on, apologise!

:)

Of course I agree with the sentiment but that is not a statement worthy of the Rangers. By all means raise the Health and Safety and policing issues raised but don’t say “jist wait til ye come to oor plaice and see whit ye get”.

Keep your powder dry and cut their allocation by half a week before the next home fixture citing lack of take up and see their reaction. Some might see that as petty but as they haven’t been taking a full allocation for years why should we continue to lose money through empty seats.

Again, fans very split on something from the club.

That is because we are a broad church from the far 4 corners of the land neither better nor worse supporters of the club , my views on supporting the club especially in regards to away games may seem out if the sync with the majority on here but I believe there are more fans inclined to my point of view ( ie keeping Tim's allocation same as it is ) a bit like the 2014 referendum the " silent majority "

The bus to the piggery is tiny mate. You really should be aware of the facts before making personal judgements that lead to erroneous accusations.

The bus to Ibrox for a game against the scum is the biggest of the season.

Now, go on, apologise!

:)
You or I never stated what size the bus is/was so have nothing to apologise for I'm only recalling what you said and implied

I wish we had gone after these clubs when we got back in the SPL by saying we don’t want tickets for their dumps. Never forgive, never forget.

Cue media derision.

We're now being trolled by the Edinburgh Evening News!
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman....ons-to-the-latest-rangers-statement-1-4729903

They take the opportunity to run through some 'famous' quotes from Pedro while taking the absolute p1ss out of the statement:

Rangers have released another emotive club statement as Ibrox side reacted to news that Hibs will cut their allocation for the last game between the sides at Easter Road.

Seeing as Scottish football Twitter loves nothing more than a statement from the Light Blues, there has been a lot of discussion on the matter through the night after it was released at 10.10pm on Tuesday evening.

WHAT RANGERS FANS SAID @Strabane_GSTQ: Hit them where it hurts Bears. How dare they show such a lack of respect to the most successful team ever. What goes around comes around. Thanks for the clarity Rangers.

@algardiner63: When any team comes to Ibrox give them NOTHING let our fans have all Ibrox plus our fans dont go to away games let them suffer Rangers hit out at Hibs in a statement on Tuesday evening.

@murdoch_charles: This is a provocation by Hibernian FC, it’s outrageous really. We all know the are perfectly entitled to do so but it’s unbelievable nonetheless, we should refuse our allocation .

@_wotta: When I see the words ‘club statement’ I cover my eyes and read through the cracks in my fingers.

@weegeg12345: So, what, will we give Hibs less seats than we do now? They can’t even fill them! I don’t get the threat. Can someone explain it?

WHAT OTHER FANS SAID @CrumbsTMT: Rangers statement writers must get paid per word.

@Jim__Douglas: Rangers should move their statements releases to a subscription model. They’re so unintentionally hilarious, I think I’d pay.

@RFBorthwick: I, for one, am absolutely delighted by Hibernian’s decision to cut the allocation of Rangers fans attending the match. They can sell their own tickets out easily so why compromise their own support to pander to another. Sit doon Traynor ya mess.

@Chrisfinn2703: The white, blue and riddest of all the necks in all the world. Like Hibs or anyone owes you f*****g anything.

@AgentScotland: Rangers give Hibernian 1.7% of the capacity of Ibrox, Hibs are willing to give Rangers 10% of available seats at Easter Road, this poor me poor me has to stop, utterly disingenuous & a shoddy attempt by the board at playing to the gallery, anything to deflect from their failings.

@stramashing: This coming from a club who houses the majority of away fans in a pokey wee corner. A corner where you are pelted by coins, hot drinks and spit for the best part of two hours. Outrageous hypocrisy from the genius PR team at Ibrox

THE JOKES @Oldfirmfacts1: Congratulations to anyone who had ‘beggars belief’ in Rangers Statement Tantrum Bingo

@MarcJWallace: Death, Taxes and Hibs causing Rangers to p*** and moan. @pieandbov: The dogs bark, and the caravan issues a statement.

@goddamnpal: King......passes it to Alastair Johnston.....to Douglas Park......slips it to JAMES TRAYNOR, he edits it and it’s LIVE and they’ve done it! Another statement! At twenty past ten on a Tuesday night! The fans are going wild! Awww ya beautyyyyy

@garyhenderson1: “Right Jum that’s the statement drafted” “Have you said it beggars belief?” “Eh no but I mean it already reads quite well and it doesn’t really fit in anywh...” “Just throw it in out of context at the end of a paragraph”

Tin hat on here but what's the issue with Hibs cutting our allocation? Surely they can do what they want in their own ground provided they give us whatever they have to give us?
They are cutting off their nose to spite their face. They will not sell out the entire ground.

Leadership by statements with no names on them. Embarrassing.

If the club were serious - this would be in the MD's name and would talk about the action that he is going to personally take.

Traynor guff that is playing to the galleries. Hopeless.

Absolutely, 100% on the money. Stuart Robertson should be realeasing these statements, not Traynor.

when Lafferty scored to win the league they couldn't sell half a stand, the play off semi final their half was empty we should call their bluff and state we don't want any tickets and also next season to

They would just do what Dundee Utd did and sell them publicly....and of course our fans will buy them rather than stand by the club.

Great statement and some in here need to chill out ffs it’s absolutely spot on.

Sorry, but I completely disagree. It’s a ridiculous statement. It’s childish, sarcastic and impotent.

A statement should had been released with direct quotes from our MD stating Rangers don’t want any allocation for the game or next season and that Hibs allocation will be cut to the very minimum allowed under league rules going forward for all future seasons.

Rangers should have told them they would not be taking any tickets and we should put these scumbags in a little section in the Broomloan, surrounded by bears.

Fuuck them, they are not welcome.

We as a club need to more 'proactive' rather than 'reactive' with things like this and thats why yes its a bold statement but its only words and thats what annoys me. Yes by all means have a select number of away fans going forward but they should as a club be looking after their own first and foremost.

let's just see how much the blue pound means to the other clubs next season!

Its all about The Rangers

Sorry, but I completely disagree. It’s a ridiculous statement. It’s childish, sarcastic and impotent.

A statement should had been released with direct quotes from our MD stating Rangers don’t want any allocation for the game or next season and that Hibs allocation will be cut to the very minimum allowed under league rules going forward for all future seasons.

I suspect we will wait until the next season for this absolutely no need to say anymore.

There should be clarity from the start of the season for all matches away allocations, these sorts of last minute changes are ridiculous.

Hibs are getting all excited because they think they will have a go at coming in 2nd, it will be hilarious when they only take 2 points from their next 3 games and are out of touch before the game on the 13th. Hopefully this backfires spectacularly on them.

[QUOTorge Goudie, post: 1270276, member: 1694"]I ACCEPT your apology mate.

We're chums now so cheer up.

Feels good. ;)[/QUOTE]

Always feels good when you've the winning hand so I'm quite cheerful ;);)

We give them less than 1/50th of our capacity.

They historically give us about 1/6th of their capacity.

What's the problem if they want to reduce it to 1/12th?

When we're back with our heels on their necks and they're back to mid-table obscurity, we'll be filling their stadium for them again in no time.

The statement is pathetic and unprofessional . And not for the first time .

Basicaly a " we seen what you did " and " we're going to get you back"

What we wanted was details of WHAT action we intend to take .
Would also be good if someone at the club had the balls to put their name to our statements.

It will be difficult to segregated fans at fester road.Hope our fans get protection from the dirty needle jabbers

I wish we had gone after these clubs when we got back in the SPL by saying we don’t want tickets for their dumps. Never forgive, never forget.

theres 4 of us who were on cccs since the beginning and travelled to all aways before that.
we stopped the 1st season back in top league because we didnt want to give any other side who put us out a single penny.
rangers fans are the highest travelling support in scotland, official.
us 4 are not missed.

I would stick all away fans in the Club Deck behind a mesh net so they can't throw anything and give our own fans the rest of the stadium. Say 500 seats or so.

I agree with what the statement is getting at but it ststin of Traynor. Why is he anywhere near our club? The statements should be written by the MD as said by others already on here.

We really need to give some of these clubs a reality check and remind them of just how much money they make out of Rangers supporters.

The way to do this is to refuse any allocation - not for this match because Hibs can probably fill the stadium - but for the next one when they probably cannot. Unless we hurt them in their pocket, there will never be any respect.

Next season when hubs give us the full stand we sell 200 tickets and return the rest on the day of the game saying sorry couldn’t sell them there your money for 200 tickets

They will then get the messsge

That’s how you sort this problem

Just take the same amount of tickets from now on, when they are shit again they will e begging us to fill that stand

I can remember going to Easter road back in 2001.We only got a couple of hundred tickets that night and had a small section of the South stand.
It was one of Marcus Gayles very few appearances

What %age do they get at Ibrox approx, compared to what we get ?
From now on we should boycott if that's how we feel, but that won't happen.

Another statement making us a laughing stock. How the %^*& have we got that fat dick traynor still on the payroll?

What %age do they get at Ibrox approx, compared to what we get ?
From now on we should boycott if that's how we feel, but that won't happen.

There get around 1000 tickets which is around 2% of the capacity while we get nearly 3800 normally for Easter Road which is around 18%-19% say

I can remember going to Easter road back in 2001.We only got a couple of hundred tickets that night and had a small section of the South stand.
It was one of Marcus Gayles very few appearances

Yes we got around 800 tickets IRC due to the Main stand been rebuilt

I am sure that was the same in 2010 as well when the East Stand was been built

Most of the Hibs support are glory-hunters who only show up when they are doing especially well. Because this has been a good season for them, their average attendance is at ‎17,865. But go back a couple of years and average attendances were stagnating around the 10,000 - 12,000 mark. Take away their home games against Rangers and Celtic and it is lower still.

They are cocky right now because they are riding a wave of relative success. Give it a couple of years and they will be back on their knees begging for the blue pound. Up to us whether we want to play their game or teach them a lesson.

Back