Club Statement on Lyon

Wow, that's actually shocking! As a previous poster said, I smell merde.

Absolute shocker for people booked up. Had looked at it but decided against it.

Another example of football fans being treated like an after thought... although I must say that anyone who thinks this is a political pawn move between Macron and Johnston is an utter maniac.

Time to ban Le vin francais methinks. I am sure the Portuguese/Spanish/Italians would be happy. GB is the biggest importer of french wine after the yanks. That'd shake them.

I feel for the bears who have travel and accommodation commitments along with the price of the ticket.

Time to ban Le vin francais methinks. I am sure the Portuguese/Spanish/Italians would be happy. GB is the biggest importer of french wine after the yanks. That'd shake them.
I’m immediately boycotting french fries and french kissing the Mrs.

Snail eating w@nkers. Jumping through hoops to get to this trip , tests booked etc... money wasted and they cancel it 3 days before the game when they have knew about this daft festival for months. Raging.

Do you still get to keep your MyGers points?
That’s the Least they should do !

Lot of people would have booked as soon as they had a ticket confirmed from rangers. ( now too late to get anything back for hotels and stuff).

Terrible for those who have forked out a fortune.

European and International football should not be getting played during a pandemic. Utter phuckwittery

Just had the cancellation ticket email from Rangers. They were quick off the mark.

I feel for the bears who have travel and accommodation commitments along with the price of the ticket.
A lot of travel insurance policies will have cover for cancelled events. Will need to collect evidence of the statements made by clubs and authorities, then should be able to claim for flights and accommodation. Match ticket will be refunded by the club. Not sure about covid tests. Possibly have to bite the bullet on those but no harm in submitting it on the claim.

A lot of travel insurance policies will have cover for cancelled events. Will need to collect evidence of the statements made by clubs and authorities, then should be able to claim for flights and accommodation. Match ticket will be refunded by the club. Not sure about covid tests. Possibly have to bite the bullet on those but no harm in submitting it on the claim.
Trouble is they are not banning fans from going to Lyon, only from going to the match.

Had a bad feeling about this all along only decided not to go due to isolation on return so saves a fortune

still bastards the french though

Still gonna go, sit in home end and enjoy the Xmas markets lol

Too much money and holidays off work so might aswell

An absolute disgrace. The french are and always have been a shower of absolute wankers. I said it last week, if any country in europe is capable of something as ridiculous as this its the french.

Trouble is they are not banning fans from going to Lyon, only from going to the match.
Some policies have cover for cancelled events.

Under the Event Cancellation Insurance, you are covered:

• The Cancellation or Curtailment of unused event tickets before your departure
  • The Cancellation or Curtailment of travel costs and accommodation after you arrive at your destination
However, this cover is only applicable if your entire trip is solely to attend this event

Everybody’s policy is different so need to read the small print.

Not sure I agree. It’s like us being in the same position and then the police here or the Government making a decision we can’t overrule. It’s the authorities that are to blame rather than the club IMO and there’s no way the club are going to be forced to forfeit the game for it.

Lyon should have asked to reschedule it once the draw was made and the dates known. It's an obvious clash.

Glasgow games were moved to accommodate COP26.

Shambolic from Lyon and the French authorities
Should have asked for an away fixture when the draw was made for this week We'll get our money back from Sport Options and ticket money from Rangers but feel for those who have spent money on test kits, flights,hotels.

Ridiculous. Especially if its because of police resources at this festival and not covid related.

Unfortunately UEFA’s authority is limited to football and doesn’t trump any government.

The French government have been acting like scumbags when engaging with any British organisation since brexit.
Exactly. Tell them no home fans or they forfeit the tie.

A downright disgrace.

There should be a ban on home fans and the French government should be reimbursing all expenses for anyone affected.

Exactly. Tell them no home fans or they forfeit the tie.
They could do but as I said further down from that, imagine the reverse happened to us.

Sturgeon turns round 3 days before a Euro match and says we can’t have away supporters due to policing resources. If UEFA said to Rangers the game must be played behind closed doors there would be riots. Our fans missing out and the club having to refund 49k tickets, leading to severe hit in revenue, even though we were willing to give an away allocation. No way we would take punishment like that lying down for something that was outwith our control.

Its a disgrace but the fight is with the French Authorities. Lyon were willing to give an allocation.

French c*nts.

After the farce in Copenhagen and not getting in, now this. I better get flights refunded or I’m declaring war on France.

I’ll say it again. French c*nts.

If true, then they would have known that last week, or last month, or last year even. Absolutely no justification for this decision at this moment in time -it could have been taken ages ago. In fact, given their Festival of Light is on 8 Dec EVERY year the match could even have been rescheduled to an alternative date weeks ago.

C*nts are at it.
I think they put it off and kept putting it off hoping it would discourage our fans.

But a good amount were still travelling and they’ve pulled the plug on it altogether.

Absolute sick I had a croissant for my lunch today. Last one I’ll have, raging

UEFA should be looking at this. This shouldn’t be allowed to happen unless it’s for covid reasons, which we all know changes from day to day. There should be a massive fine for clubs that do this. You can’t give in one hand and take out the other. A decision was made to give us the tickets and now backtracking and treating fans like crap.

Back