Club Statement on Lyon

The French are a bunch of scumbags - we should have left them to their fate in WWII. The war was only over 10 minutes before they were hopping into the Germans' bed behind our backs.

No wonder Stephen Fry said in Blackadder III (as the Duke of Wellington), that his family crest was "two crossed dead Frenchmen emblazoned on a mound of dead Frenchmen"

Absolutely disgraceful.

Can't help thinking there's politics at play here. Johnson and Macron have been at it like little bitches for weeks now.

Hope anybody who's booked still goes anyway and has a party, f*ck them. Garlic stinking pricks.
Politics was my first thought too. Bassas.

if this was costing Rangers money, I guarantee the club's attitude wouldn't be "ah well, nothing we can do".

Rangers FC couldn't give a %^*& about the thousands spent following Rangers in Europe because Rangers don't see any of that money no matter how many statements released stating the opposite.

People expecting refunds are pissing in the wind sadly.

Still waiting on Rangers and our wonderful SLO refunding us out the compensation they got off Benfica for the cancelled Canada friendly about 3-years ago.

All Lyon will get is a pish 20 thousand euro fine or something.

Should be closed doors.
Funny that as we are also waiting on the Benfica compensation. So far we've been offered a club tie !

People expecting refunds are pissing in the wind sadly.

Still waiting on Rangers and our wonderful SLO refunding us out the compensation they got off Benfica for the cancelled Canada friendly about 3-years ago.

All Lyon will get is a pish 20 thousand euro fine or something.

Should be closed doors.
I honestly have no memory of this benfica game

Was it an official flight that got cancelled?

Rangers should be telling UEFA the match must be closed doors.

Rangers should be starting class action or whatever its called on behalf of people that have lost money (again thats to uefa)

I cant be the only person going through the French Mayors twitter following looking for the obvious.

Be a pity if a few hundred fans went over anyway and caused absolute chaos at the festival and pished all over their brie sandwiches.
Sadly that’s a pretty close estimation of what will happen.

This has the potential for a PR nightmare.

I am assuming there will be some kind of sanction against them if they are unable to provide provisions to cater an away support?

Throw them outB-D

Over £700 down between me and the other half.
Shambles from the start this trip.
Do you have any bank accounts with travel insurance. Is there any chance one of you could take the skits, phone doctor to have it on record and have to cancel your travel booking and not make it about Rangers, say you were going to festival of light.

Good luck.

Should just bring these fucking backwater shit holes back under the crown.
A game of football ffs

What a joke, should have left the Germans to it

I don't buy the infrastructure excuse. PSG play Bruges and Marseille take on Lokomotiv Moscow, both this week. If these games have an away support then its more than likely the French Gov simply doesn't want a few thousand fans arriving from Plague Island. And, because we are now out of the EU and a 'third country', they can do as they please, we have no comeback.

Sorted my home end ticket, I’m sure I saw an email saying they don’t mind us in home end previously. Here’s hoping

UEFA should make Lyon recompense official travelling fans left out of pocket. There is nothing from Government stopping this, it’s Lyon themselves!

UEFA should make Lyon recompense official travelling fans left out of pocket. There is nothing from Government stopping this, it’s Lyon themselves!
we have been notified by the French Minister of the Interior,

from the Rangers statement.

Reactions: VGM
They were making comments for days about risk of terrorism as well. Clearly they were just wanting to stop fans travelling and they've got their wish.

I wrote in the Lyon thread the other day, that this was some carry on to get to a game. Also said that it wasn't the ticket situation that was the problem, but the chance of govts pulling the plug.

These guys on here checking out about tests, travel and tickets at much expense and to leave it till this late stage is basically acting the james hunt.

I wrote in the Lyon thread the other day, that this was some carry on to get to a game. Also said that it wasn't the ticket situation that was the problem, but the chance of govts pulling the plug.

These guys on here checking out about tests, travel and tickets at much expense and to leave it till this late stage is basically acting the james hunt.
Total pain in the arse, I messed up delivery for my fit to fly test so had to book another. All in I’ve spent around £110 on tests and insurance for absolutely nothing now

Thankfully getting refunded by SO and rangers for my ticket. Wouldn’t have bothered me if SO or rangers was getting that £ but £110 on a total con is pissing me off

Some policies have cover for cancelled events.

Under the Event Cancellation Insurance, you are covered:

• The Cancellation or Curtailment of unused event tickets before your departure
  • The Cancellation or Curtailment of travel costs and accommodation after you arrive at your destination
However, this cover is only applicable if your entire trip is solely to attend this event

Everybody’s policy is different so need to read the small print.
Stand corrected!!! Good luck to all with the claims.

Cheese eating surrender whatsits
2PjHhCW.jpg

Back