Club statement on SFA charges

The football authorities declared war on us years ago, the only way to win a war is to fight.

Let's hope we fight dirty!

Glad the club has said something but the ‘we are outraged’ type of statement is not the way to go. It hasn’t worked before.

We have to point out explicitly other types of misbehaviour that were ignored by the SFA - e.g., Brown’s gestures or Griffiths tying scarves to posts.

There is stuff the club could use regarding just who pulls the Compliance Officer’s strings. Just do it, Rangers.

look Keevins said its a mans game and if you grope someone in the balls then its fair game. I kid you not he said this on air. Not word for word but in reference to the incident.

Me, well I grew up with the knowledge that groping, clutching or grasping another mans genitals without his acknowledgment should see you in court.

If on field incidents can land you in jail then (big dunk) then why can sexual assault go unpunished in a legal sense and why is it labeled a mans game in doing so.

Hugh Keevins has a warped mind.

Sexual assault should be enough for the SFA to be bricking it. Hopefully the club issues a list just for the month of December alone

It’s a good start, but this time the club must fight this with everything they have. Absolutely No Surrender and no quarter given. Go after the corrupt scum and have them shown up for the bigoted, cheating filth we know they are. Do not back down this time.

Glad the club has said something but the ‘we are outraged’ type of statement is not the way to go. It hasn’t worked before.

We have to point out explicitly other types of misbehaviour that were ignored by the SFA - e.g., Brown’s gestures or Griffiths tying scarves to posts.

There is stuff the club could use regarding just who pulls the Compliance Officer’s strings. Just do it, Rangers.

The big question,is the compliance officer a cheat/bigot, or is she being influenced?

Could be the end for the compliant tim.

Fully agree, I also believe that we need to get this played out in public, shine a light on the corruption. Put videos of the incidents we use in our rebuttal on the club site, if not there then have them on here.
We must demonstrate unequivocally that we have the stomach for a bloody battle and will no longer be subject to closed-door shenanigans like this.
I’d also say it’s almost pointless having a manager of Gerrard’s talents if the club hierarchy let the authorities undermine his best efforts.

Last edited:
I agree Clancy had a poor game but was his performance any worse than James Forrests or Bolingolis? I'd say no and they haven't been scrutinised the same. Whatever we think about officials they are in a no win situation.

Suppose it should be expected in this day and age but f*ck me it's tedious.
Eh?
Clancy hasn’t been scrutinised at all and your living a fantasy if you think he has. When it comes to Rangers Officials are in a NO LOSE situation as far as I can see, constantly making a tit of decisions and NEVER having to explain them or be punished for them.

It’s a different story when they get one wrong against the tims which I’d guess is why they don’t take the piss with them

Really hoping Rangers have an Ace card up their sleeve. This statement is fine for now and will have the SFA and all their media lackeys scurrying around looking for a way out and then for them to turn the tables on us, as is happened previously.
Hopefully this time we follow up on our first statement with a more direct attack on the SFA using our lawyers and evidence collected by the club.
Please Rangers follow this through to an end that gives our club, players and fans parity in Scottish football, that's all we, the support ask, and we will be right behind you.

Eh?
Clancy hasn’t been scrutinised at all and your living a fantasy if you think he has. When it comes to Rangers Officials are in a NO LOSE situation as far as I can see, constantly making a tit of decisions and NEVER having to explain them or be punished for them.

It’s a different story when they get one wrong against the tims which I’d guess is why they don’t take the piss with them

If Clancy had given us a handball goal, awarded us a penalty, failed to send off 3 Rangers players who should have got reds, and red carded a Celtic player in the 95th minute after saying 4 minutes injury time I confidently can say he would have been hounded out of football by now.

Things the statement next week must mention -

The disgusting behaviour of Celtic FC at Ibrox 2 seasons ago inc. pyros thrown at our goalie, players goading our fans and a fucking entourage coming on the pitch at the end - none of this was punished

The repeated abuse of our players at away grounds which continues to go unpunished and unaddressed

Clancy’s performance, indeed repeated ‘honest mistakes’ this season, see Beaton at Pittodrie

The influence of Lawwell within Scottish football -this is perhaps the most important point of all

The whole fall out from our 2-1 win on the 29th of December is getting extremely childish.

The media like to build the Rangers v Celtic games up but then play a major part in the pettiness that follows.

Was Morelos in danger of hurting anyone when he bumped into Brown, dived to try and win a penalty or made a gesture to a crowd of scumbags who were giving him abuse?

Was Ryan Kents gesture really offensive to a crowd who had no doubt been giving him pelters all game?

If you are playing football with your mates and someone hits you in the nuts like Christie did to Morelos, what do you do? Either laugh it off or flatten him at the next 50/50 you have.

I agree Clancy had a poor game but was his performance any worse than James Forrests or Bolingolis? I'd say no and they haven't been scrutinised the same. Whatever we think about officials they are in a no win situation.

An SFA charge 19 days after the game is embarrassing. In reality nothing in the game happened that should have had any follow up action.

Suppose it should be expected in this day and age but f*ck me it's tedious.

Forrest & Bolingoli we’re trying their best to do their required job properly. Clancy wasn’t.

Good they've acknowledged it but their response to the charges after the weekend needs to be extreme. The SFA need to be left absolutely bricking it.

Rangers are being treated unfairly by the SFA and SPFL on a regular basis. It's so blatant it's unreal. It is whether anyone likes it or not as close as you can get to cheating as you can get. Other clubs are being given an advantage over us because we are being refereed to a different level. Our club is being monitored and attacked to a different level. In combination with the media and other clubs it's quite possibly one of the worst attacks on a football club across the globe. No other club would be treated like this or singled out by their FA. It just wouldn't happen.

For that reason Rangers need to let the SFA know there is legal action coming if they don't sort themselves out.
No more chances. Stick the boot in now.

There’s no point mentioning any of that as we are to the best of my knowledge arguing against Alfie’s third card.

We’re appealing the charges against our staff for apparent trouble we caused at hibs and Celtic. Don’t worry though as this is in itself completely unprecedented and not every coach who gets sent off gets their club a charge. I imagine this will be our focus and I hope we expose the clear bias for what it is

I like the threat of a further statement. It reads as if we are making them sweat over us releasing some awkward info (the rumoured racism from Lennon or the 5 way agreement) or taking them on with an army of lawyers.

Hopefully we aren’t bluffing and have something because if the SFA back down from this they will look weak and all hell will break loose.

Last edited:
Some folk won't be happy until Stewart Robertson turns up at Hampden with a chainsaw FFS.

That's a great statement from that club that blatantly calls out double standards.

If Clancy had given us a handball goal, awarded us a penalty, failed to send off 3 Rangers players who should have got reds, and red carded a Celtic player in the 95th minute after saying 4 minutes injury time I confidently can say he would have been hounded out of football by now.
That’s what I’m saying mate

Some folk won't be happy until Stewart Robertson turns up at Hampden with a chainsaw FFS.

That's a great statement from that club that blatantly calls out double standards.
The statement is fine actually - we'll need to give them time to see what happens next.

As for the idea of Sterwart Robertson turning up at Hampden with a chainsaw - that raised a giggle. What a site that would be.

Stewart Robertson exudes weakness.
I’ve had a few goes at Robertson but it’s apparent that he’s not really to blame here. King is the man who refuses to appoint a CEO who will robustly champion the club’s interests on and off the pitch so it’s him we should be targetting. Robertson seems to do his specific job very well plus he just doesn’t have the temperament or the communication skills to do what’s needed.
I should also say I suspect King is listening to and having his opinion on this shaped by some people, some very wrong people.

What are the charges against kent and morelos? The culshaw and Beale one I know and understand but havent read sfas charge against those two players

Some amount of negative Nancy’s on this thread. The statement says it all it needs to.

People on here will still whinge he wasnt wearing brown brogues or something

What are the charges against kent and morelos? The culshaw and Beale one I know and understand but havent read sfas charge against those two players

Why do you mean you understand the Culshaw and Beale ones? What other clubs have been punished for coaches being sent to the stand?

Wrong.

We've made it clear there's more to come.
What like the Scottish cup where exactly the same statements were made. Excuse me if I’m a bit jaded by a board that couldn’t defend a player being called a waster and resting bitch face. I judge by actions and we ain’t seen any from this board. Wonder how the file on the bbc is going? Laughable.

Top trolling by the club to be honest - release statement just as the Saturday radio coverage gets underway - all the chat will be about Rangers again.

t

What like the Scottish cup where exactly the same statements were made. Excuse me if I’m a bit jaded by a board that couldn’t defend a player being called a waster and resting bitch face. I judge by actions and we ain’t seen any from this board. Wonder how the file on the bbc is going? Laughable.
If you judge by actions and you haven't seen any then how can you judge? :))

Back