Club statement on SFA charges

We are clearly going round in circles here.

I thought Clancy was sh*te due to incompetence and the majority of people thought he was sh*te due to cheating.

It'd be interesting to hear whether Kris Boyd thought the refs performance was down to cheating or incompetence.

If he was incompetent both teams would have been at the end of bad decisions. They weren't, only Rangers were.

How do you explain 4 mins injury time being extended to 6 mins?

Rangers should be demanding clancy is sacked and an explanation as to why none of the other officials including the 4th official never acted on any of the incidents involving celtic players.its actually match fixing and we shouldnt allow it to just go away.

I thought Clancy was sh*te due to incompetence and the majority of people thought he was sh*te due to cheating.

It'd be interesting to hear whether Kris Boyd thought the refs performance was down to cheating or incompetence.
In almost 100% of most refs decisions I am happy to accept that incompetence is the probable reason. That’s because I am not one to go round throwing the cheating line about. However in saying that I firmly believe Clancy made a conscious decision to keep Christie on the park after the Morelos incident because he was intimidated with the backlash. Unfortunately if he seen the incident which he clearly does from almost touching distance and he refuses to make the decision for s whatever reason then unfortunately he has cheated.
Also for you to say you seen the game and you cannot say if he seen that incident then you are cheating us on this thread.
Again your words regarding Boyd if you listened to him he made it quite clear his thoughts on the ref.

I didn't say I thought the ref cheated. I think he is incompetent.

I think it was a fairly tame game 3 weeks ago and we are still getting our knickers in a twist over it...that is the over reaction.
You do realise this thread is a reaction to the SFA citing the club 3 weeks after the match?
Rangers have beaten the Mhankies at the cesspit for the first time in a decade, they must be punished for this outrageous act.

Incompetence is when incorrect decisions by oficials disadvantage both teams.
When only one team is repeatedly disadvantaged by officials decisions it is cheating.

Leaving aside the bickering on this thread, is the reason for deferring further statements or action because rangers are taking legal advice. Could this mean we are considering taking the SFA to court

Last game of the season we need to beat Motherwell,do you think Clancy will get the job of refereeing it,or do you think the Japanese would allow it as his influence is getting in the way as the departed chairmen of Aberdeen and st mirren hinted on.

Why would I agree with you when I think he had a shit game but wasn't cheating. In my opinion it's incompetence.

I have no idea what decisions Celtic fans would complain about in the game. I absolutely agree we had more that went against us.

I stand by my original post that I think it is tedious to be reading about sfa charges 3 weeks after the game.

Incompetence is valid up to a point. After that, it’s cheating.

So Clancy awards a penalty to the Yahoos for shirt tugging in the box, but then fails to do likewise for us for the same infringement on Aribo later in the match.

He allows Celtic’s goal to stand despite it clearly striking Edouard’s arm on its way into the net.

He refuses to send off Christie but then red cards Morelos and later issues him a third yellow for his innocent game over gesture.

These were the big decisions from the game and they all benefited one club.

Sometimes it really just is as it looks.

Last edited:
Why would I agree with you when I think he had a shit game but wasn't cheating. In my opinion it's incompetence.

Another question for you on this.

Do you ever think referees cheat against us, or is it always just incompetence?

Decent statement, but the club should have waited until they had their full say on it, instead of issuing a statement mentioning a further detailed statement. Now the SFA will be prepared.

The Club had the chance to be proactive after the game but decided to be reactive.
I think the timing of the sfa statement has made us think before we issue another statement e need it approved by lawyers now than anything in particular the lawyers who will defend the case at the kangaroo court.

The safest route in reality is hope sfa find us guilty and we force the case to CAS to them highlight even more issues regarding unfair Treatment by a governing body..... Uefa for all being corrupt do want situations where it can be highlighted governing body's a picking on major clubs.

And right now with Gerrard as our manager if we were to go through the next round we are a massive success story that uefa will advertise and use

Lawyer up. A decent lawyer would run a coach and horses through these bullshit charges. All because we had the temerity to beat them and celebrate at the Crime Scene
It's standard practice to use a lawyer to defend our players / club against charges or appeals - we always do.

The charges as well have nothing to do with celebrating. Its for Culshaw being sent to stands (Hibs have been charged too) and Beale being sent to stand.

Rangers should walk into the SFA office in front of the headhunted Claire Whyte and press play on this video and say 1 word

"Explain"

Then demand her to f^ck off and take that bigotted referee and cheat Clancy with her. There is no defence for what happened and there is no defence what has happened since. Stewart Regans legacy was planting the seeds and now we are seeing them flower. Its corrupt at every level.

Rangers should walk into the SFA office in front of the headhunted Claire Whyte and press play on this video and say 1 word

"Explain"

Then demand her to f^ck off and take that bigotted referee and cheat Clancy with her. There is no defence for what happened and there is no defence what has happened since. Stewart Regans legacy was planting the seeds and now we are seeing them flower. Its corrupt at every level.

It's absolutely crazy how Morelos had a foul given against him for that challenge by julien, there is no actual contact whatsoever my Morelos on him.

Also, the shirt pull on Aribo compared to their penalty. Aribo was actually close to getting the ball wheres their player was nowhere near it for the penalty.

You don't know what the ' nuclear ' option is ? Seriously ?
What is it?

If the answer is 'lawyers', how exactly is that different to how we normally defend against charges? Other phrases like 'fight them' used a lot as well - nobody seems to specify what actions exactly they would like the club to take though. (other than banning the Sun - which has zero relevance to these charges)

It's absolutely crazy how Morelos had a foul given against him for that challenge by julien, there is no actual contact whatsoever my Morelos on him.

Also, the shirt pull on Aribo compared to their penalty. Aribo was actually close to getting the ball wheres their player was nowhere near it for the penalty.

what about the tackle by christie?? think it was him in the penalty box. Two footed lunge and gets a free kick, explain that. Or the late follow through on jack. Ref cant say he missed them as gave freekicks other way. Its blatant.

I don't have issue with you thinking it was just incompetence, I'd just like you to back that position up.

You've now stated that as well as watching live, you also watched the highlights.

And still you don't have a decision that went Rangers way.

The list of decisions against us is pretty extensive and detailed thoroughly throughout this thread.
3 weeks down the line and not even the most demented mentally challenged has found any issue with Clancy's display.

That even the filth can't find issue with his refereeing should tell you all you need to know. For some reason you still don't seem able to accept what is clear to anyone who watched that game.

2 points I will make here clancy is undoubtedly a cheat there can be no reasonable doubt and has been caught bang to rights by everyone connected to Rangers plus thousands of 'neutrol' looking on, you see the problem with Clancy is he isn't a very good cheat, as we all know a good cheat are very clever at disguising and hiding things from an audience, he failed miserably, and my second point is he seems to in every game he refs he has more than a semi for Morelos to either book or send off, it's just so blatant,

What is it?

If the answer is 'lawyers', how exactly is that different to how we normally defend against charges? Other phrases like 'fight them' used a lot as well - nobody seems to specify what actions exactly they would like the club to take though. (other than banning the Sun - which has zero relevance to these charges)

There's a thread further down this forum with nearly 500 pages. More than enough information on it for our club to go for the jugular against that particular ' entity ' that constantly demands SFA sanctions against us.

It’s good to see the club coming out with reactions, but we need to make sure it’s followed through.

its blatantly obvious we are held to a different standard by those fuckers in the sfa, good to see it being called out not just by the club, but some of our ex players etc in the media too.

The timing of the sfa charge really needs to be questioned. That, alongside Christie being the only mhank player charged when they knew he'd be out for weeks, shows beyond doubt there's an insidious motivation behind this.

I don't have issue with you thinking it was just incompetence, I'd just like you to back that position up.

You've now stated that as well as watching live, you also watched the highlights.

The list of decisions against us is pretty extensive and detailed thoroughly throughout this thread.
3 weeks down the line and not even the most demented mentally challenged has found any issue with Clancy's display.

That even the filth can't find issue with his refereeing should tell you all you need to know. For some reason you still don't seem able to accept what is clear to anyone who watched that game.
Not to defend Clancy in anyway as I think he is on the take, but the problem with that is they were making the exact same arguments against Beaton that we are making about Clancy now from the last new year fixture - and still going on about it.

Morelos is refereed to a complete different standard to any other player in the league. Yet at the same fixture prior to that one he grabbed Christine's baws and gave a swift kick to Brown's and had what they called a stamp on Ralston. The stamp I thought was nonsense but the other 2 were blatant - he wasn't even booked (yet would normally get sent off for scowling).

If you were to tell me though that Beaton was a cheat in our favour I would tell you to put down the crack pipe!

Incidentally, Clancy's bias has nothing to do with these charges against the club.

This could be the opportunity to come out all guns blazing as said.
We have to tackle this persecution as soon as possible as it wont end otherwise.
Fight them all the way and show everyone we will be no pushovers anymore.

You are correct that 3 weeks after the game I cannot give you any major/contentious decisions that went in Rangers favour.

I have said I watched the game live and then the highlights that night.

If I came away that day not believing the ref cheated then I can hardly change my mind having not seen the game again.

I pretty much only get Rangers stuff on here or Heart and Hand so I am always aware that things are seen through Rangers fans eyes. That makes it unlikely to have access about gripes Celtic fans have about the ref during the game on the 29th.

Judging by the responses to my posts it looks very much like I am in the minority. Again, as I have said, I am fine with that.

If I watch the game again and change my mind about the ref being a cheat then I will hold my hands up to it.

When Celtic fans were calling Beaton a cheat last year for not sending Morelos off I disagreed with them too.

Maybe me believing refs are not cheats is naive? Only they know their motivation.

The timing of the sfa charge really needs to be questioned. That, alongside Christie being the only mhank player charged when they knew he'd be out for weeks, shows beyond doubt there's an insidious motivation behind this.
RFC have to mention the convenience of the christie ban

There's a thread further down this forum with nearly 500 pages. More than enough information on it for our club to go for the jugular against that particular ' entity ' that constantly demands SFA sanctions against us.
That has absolutely nothing to do with Rangers and shouldn't / couldn't be used by them for anything.

It's a tragedy that only the police and national news should be involved in.

Its time the club took action, and put it in the public domain about being treated differently. You have to think there dignified silence, makes them an easy target.

The Club's legal team have been nailed to the floor in dealing with so many other cases created by Spivco. Time to get after the cheats running Hampden!

Not to defend Clancy in anyway as I think he is on the take, but the problem with that is they were making the exact same arguments against Beaton that we are making about Clancy now from the last new year fixture - and still going on about it.

Morelos is refereed to a complete different standard to any other player in the league. Yet at the same fixture prior to that one he grabbed Christine's baws and gave a swift kick to Brown's and had what they called a stamp on Ralston. The stamp I thought was nonsense but the other 2 were blatant - he wasn't even booked (yet would normally get sent off for scowling).

If you were to tell me though that Beaton was a cheat in our favour I would tell you to put down the crack pipe!

Incidentally, Clancy's bias has nothing to do with these charges against the club.

The media poured over and over Beaton's handling of the corresponding fixture last year. This directly led to harassment.

I would contend that Beaton genuinely missed the incidents involving Morelos.

I can accept Clancy missing the handball for Celtic's goal but other decisions were clearly aimed at guaranteeing Celtic weren't defeated.

Apart from one article in the Record, there has been no serious analysis of Clancy's performance.

Refs have been intimidated and the Scottish media bears a huge part of the blame.

What exactly does that mean though? I see this nuclear button stuff said all the time. What exactly do yoh want the club to do other than make statements against the SFA?
Take them to court for damage to the club. Games ruined by cheating refs, fans pay to see a fair and honest game, get them in a court and explain their decisions. Who appointed the CO and why?The club have said in the statement. Rangers are being treated differently from other clubs, why is that? Let them explain it under oath. Why no inquiry into child abuse by the SFA, at Celtic park? Expose them for what they are in the public eye.

He isnt incompetent. He is a cheat. He has it in for Morelos so he judges him to totally different standards from other players on the park and makes assumption based on that.

Case in point the Jullien decision. Clancy has already decided that its Morelos who fouled him when it was clearly Morelos fouled.

The yellow for diving, Clancy booked Morelos twice for diving in consecutive games last season despite the fact he was contacted on both occasions. Regardless of any contact or not from the celtic defender, Clancy was booking Alfie for diving, when it was pretty impossible from his angle to tell if there was contact or not.

Interestingly enough he could see a dive from that far away but couldn't spot the ball striking edouards hand from a closer distance and better angle.

Fir more evidence if his vendetta against Morelos, look at the booking he gave him at Tynecastle for dissent. Why did he not issue any other cards for dissent in games we have had him this season, when there has been plenty of cases of it. Callum McGregor I believe it was gave him plenty in the last game yet no booking.

For further evidence of his cheating, we had a chance to keep celtic down their end of the park in injury time after Ryan Jack is fouled, he gives a free kick to Celtic.

He had to give us a penalty after a ludicrous two footed challenge, yet made up a phantom shirt pull or something to give them a free kick instead.

Even if not a "cheat" he has too many pre conceived notions and biased opinions to be allowed to take control of any of our or their games ever again.

Take them to court for damage to the club. Games ruined by cheating refs, fans pay to see a fair and honest game, get them in a court and explain their decisions. Who appointed the CO and why?The club have said in the statement. Rangers are being treated differently from other clubs, why is that? Let them explain it under oath. Why no inquiry into child abuse by the SFA, at Celtic park? Expose them for what they are in the public eye.
What court, what litigation exactly are Rangers filing? There is no criminal court in the land where this would go to and if its CAS they will say Rangers adhere to abide by the decision of the local sporting authority when they take part in their tournaments.

As for child abuse, as I said to another poster, this has absolutely nothing to do with Rangers. To even mention it demeans a shameful tragedy that young boys have went through and had their lives ruined over.

Rangers need to take action against this. There should be a time limit on the sfa bringing up charges. There’s no consistency on the time frames.

Back