Racist Kudela given 10 game ban, Kamara 3 games (all discussion here)

UEFA - Show Racism the Red Card

Also Uefa - Wow, wow hold on their buddy, why are you shoving that red card in someone's face? That's you suspended.

Listening to a legal advisor is usually considered checking.
I mean obviously not in this case. Considering Anwar himself wrote a statement saying maximum then deleted it after to then say minimum? He shouldn’t be getting something so important wrong and releasing it publicly in the first place.

Ten games is for all intents and purposes a seasons ban from UEFA club competition. In my mind it is a suitable punishment for being found guilty for the first time, although you could argue for additions due to the denial and in that respect dilution if bad behaviour is admitted upfront.

Racism is a primitive behaviour that causes real harm and should be stamped out. No sane person would think otherwise.

In a normal qualifying game there's no real limit on the number of players selected
I didn’t know that, cheers!
In this case there is a limit (23 or 25) on the number of players picked
its 25 for club comps, 23 for international comps. And clubs should really say “out of our 25 man squad x many are fit to play”. If Kudela is fit he’s banned, if he isn’t it should carry over IMO.

Kudela's lawyers have released a statement saying they are considering appealing the ban .

Today, Ondřej Kúdela received a decision from the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Committee regarding his incident with Glen Kamara during the UEFA Europa League match between Rangers FC and SK Slavia Prague on March 18, 2021.

Ondřej Kúdela immediately stated the following: “ I am surprised that the UEFA Disciplinary Committee has reached a different conclusion than its inspector before. According to him, there was no convincing evidence for my accusation of racism, which I continue to reject. In retrospect, I realize that it was a mistake to go to Glen Kamara at all and tell him anything. There were emotions in the match and unfortunately I can't take it back now. I'm so sorry . "

The decision was sent to us without justification, so in agreement with the client we will ask for its communication and then we will consider filing an appeal with the client. The disciplinary proceedings were formally initiated on Tuesday, April 6, 2021, and the player had until Monday, April 12, 2021, to comment and establish new evidence, which we did. The disciplinary file had over 130 pages of statements, reports and evidence, as well as tens of minutes of video recordings and their analyzes. We therefore have serious doubts about how thoroughly the disciplinary body has become acquainted with everything, especially with our last statement in about a day and a half.

I've not read the whole thread, so I apologise if this has been discussed, but due to the pathetic booking he got during the game, Kamara would have missed our next UEFA game anyway. Is this 3 game ban on top of the one game ban he already had?
Yellow card suspensions do not carry over to the next season.

So up until today Kamara was not due to miss any European games next season.

Ten games is for all intents and purposes a seasons ban from UEFA club competition. In my mind it is a suitable punishment for being found guilty for the first time, although you could argue for additions due to the denial and in that respect dilution if bad behaviour is admitted upfront.

Racism is a primitive behaviour that causes real harm and should be stamped out. No sane person would think otherwise.
But not banned from non- UEFA matches so the racist can still play football. That part is another joke really.

Slavia should face sanctions as well they have been a disgrace throughout this and caused more trouble as have our own disgusting Rangers hating media.

Thankfully for Roofe he’s going to play in a different confederation for Jamaica.

If Kudela is declared injured I’m pretty sure it still counts as a game he’s banned from. It really should be games he’s declared fit for.
Roofe won't play for Jamaica, he recently said that he's still working towards an England cap on the super6 podcast

I didn’t know that, cheers!

its 25 for club comps, 23 for international comps. And clubs should really say “out of our 25 man squad x many are fit to play”. If Kudela is fit he’s banned, if he isn’t it should carry over IMO.
I had meant international qualifiers (not European ones) - like you said there's a 25 person limit on them. For the Euros it will be 23 or 25 depending on whether the increase in numbers gets ratified.

In European terms they will have to register him in their 25 man squad next season or the suspension won't count for the games

Power once called a person of ethnic minority a 'coconut' - one of the worst racial slurs there is. I have no respect for him.

FARE are also part funded by the EU and have a partnership with UEFA.

His stance isn't entirely surprising - part of the problem rather than part of the solution.
That’s shocking if he did call someone that. Was it on social media?
He shouldn’t be part of any organisation with his name alone.

They have fixed it now. Maybe get someone who knows what he (or she) is doing write the steatements though and have them checked when it comes to something as serious as this.

He’s been given the minimum according to Anwar. Looking for UEFA to appeal their own decision.

I really don't give a fcuk about Kudela. His punishment doesn't affect us. In truth the right punishment should be a lifetime ban.

But I am glad the Club are gonna appeal the punishments for Roofe and Kamara. I think they are disproportionate.

Roofe's only looked bad because he caught the guy in the kisser. If the ball had been lower and he'd made a bad challenge and caught the guy's ankle say, I'm sure he wouldn't have dialled a four game ban. The actual offence should be treated similarly.

As for Kamara, is there any actual vidence that he biffed the cnut?

Last edited:
I’m appalled that Glen got banned for reacting to racism.
Justice is done to the cretin, ban is one thing a tarred racist for life is much more important,he will have come from a contaminated family and probably pass it on, it starts in the home just about every time, all the kneeling, virtual signaling and catchy T-Shirt slogans in the whole world will not quell ignorance and stupidity which is what racism is...incurable..... and Glen deserved to be banned........ because he stopped hitting the vile bastard!

Has the Junior Gers Takeover carried on from the weekend and we’ve let one of the weans write our statements because that is school boy stuff.

They have fixed it now. Maybe get someone who knows what he is doing write the steatements though and have them checked when it comes to something as serious as this.
Still don’t like how they said that they’re happy with 10 games. That’s just not going to do or change anything.

They have fixed it now. Maybe get someone who knows what he (or she) is doing write the steatements though and have them checked when it comes to something as serious as this.
It reads as though the word “maximum” has been removed and now makes the sentence read horrific.

I mean obviously not in this case. Considering Anwar himself wrote a statement saying maximum then deleted it after to then say minimum? He shouldn’t be getting something so important wrong and releasing it publicly in the first place.
I agree entirely. I see how the club thought he'd be a good source of information but it seems FF have it correct quicker than he did.

This is an outrage. 10 game ban for racism. So much for standing up to racism. Should be booted out of football for a year minimum to send a message, and not just UEFA competition.

As for Kamara, I’m disgusted with any ban and this could be devastating for our campaign. Sickened.

Back