Club statement - the current circumstances and increased speculation surrounding the ongoing impact of the Coronavirus pandemic on Scottish football

Hopefully secures Budge’s vote come D-Day.

Like the nonchalant nod to the diddy clubs. Our money once more saving Scottish football. :)

Last edited:
if this is the work of the new comms guy, then well done. i had questioned appointment. it literally couldn't have been communicated clearer.

Let’s wait to see what the proposed method of dividing up prize money is. If our board are pushing for this to be done on the basis of current league position, we run the danger of tying ourselves in knots.

If we’re proposing the divide the prize money equally amongst the clubs, we might actually get some support.

We are also acutely aware of other issues which are less pressing but, are forming key parts of the football narrative in Scotland. Nothing is more important than protecting the future of every club in Scotland as we are cognisant that this has a direct impact upon people’s livelihoods.

At this time we can do no more than outline our position and put forward a resolution.There can then be no doubts where we stand.
Decisions made at this time should not be steamrollered through.We have no idea how this pandemic is going to play out or how long it will take.

Bullseye nothing mate. I'm sure other folk will say headshot or whatever else as well. It's only meaningful if strongly worded statements are followed up by actions!

As a club, Rangers will immediately propose a member’s resolution which would release prize money to be distributed to all clubs throughout Scotland urgently.

Good statement. Sensible suggestion on prize money presumably issued based on current league positions. We do need a position on what we do if 38 games cannot be played, which is looking more and more likely.

So this will have to be voted on. We‘ll soon see who votes against this, therefore showing they don’t have the entire Scottish game as their first concern, but are merely full of self interest. We could likely name those clubs already!

It says all the right things, but they always do don’t they? I’m not having a go, at this stage all they can offer are words, all I’m saying is the “opposition” of the tarriars little scheme (clearly what they’re referencing at the end there) is something I’d like to actually see implemented before I get off my seat and applaud. So we wait...
All we can do is make our position clear and hope others get on board. If they don't and we are ignored what are the options?

Won’t we lose out on Europe next season if the league is null and voided though? I would much rather chose Europe over a null and void season, if that’s what it boils down to.

I think it’s inevitable that they’ll be crowned champions.

Its hearts I feel sorry for (maybe)

No chance of that. UEFA were just making threats.

If any of the big leagues decided to void the season then there's no chance they'd deny them entry. Especially when you look how tight La Liga & Serie A are.

As I've said frequently on this matter, tying in the declaring of champions, relegation etc is NOT and never has been tied into the releasing of funds for league positions. Give the bottom 4 the minimum they would be guaranteed; for example give each of them the amount for finishing bottom. Give the top two the prize money equating to second place. Give Motherwell and Aberdeen the money appropriate for 4th place.

Get the vast, vast majority of the money out there to clubs now. You don't need to hold it back until positions are finalised. It can be fine-tuned at a later date.

It’s going to get messy as the corrupt SPFL want all clubs to vote on league standings with at least 75% per league for it to go through with Scum , Dundee Scum , Raith, Cove Rangers winning the leagues. Hearts , Partick Thistle , Stranraer, Brechin City , Relegated no play offs etc.

It says all the right things, but they always do don’t they? I’m not having a go, at this stage all they can offer are words, all I’m saying is the “opposition” of the tarriars little scheme (clearly what they’re referencing at the end there) is something I’d like to actually see implemented before I get off my seat and applaud. So we wait...
definitely, unless we can get backing via lobbying of clubs for this approach this it means %^*& all, i'd hope our board members are lobbying every Rangers leaning chairman in the country at this point and then work on those in the middle ground between us and the mentally challengeds. Lawwell's phone will be very busy just now doing the same. would you be surprised if a lucrative verbal agreement for David Turnbull was being ironed out as we speak? Martin Boyle? and so

Bullseye nothing mate. I'm sure other folk will say headshot or whatever else as well. It's only meaningful if strongly worded statements are followed up by actions!
I was going to post that it won’t please everybody but it’s still a good statement.

Give them a break. I dont want the club getting into some tacky fight about this. It belittles peoples suffering.

Plenty people dont give a shit about football, the fact we're arguing about it shows the game in a poor light.

Its possible to both hold the SPFL to account and be aware of the current goings on. Id argue the SPFL are using this as an easy get out.

As a club, Rangers will immediately propose a member’s resolution which would release prize money to be distributed to all clubs throughout Scotland urgently.
That's a vote winning tactic there, who's going to vote against getting monies.

Well since you’re not impressed (some never are) what would you propose as a solution? The club have put our idea forward. What’s yours?

Its possible to both hold the SPFL to account and be aware of the current goings on. Id argue the SPFL are using this as an easy get out.
I'd argue that some just like to argue. You dont know where we stand legally, so all this noise about doing this or doing that is worthless.

If statements won titles we would be crowned champions already.

Actions speak louder than words

I'd say putting forward the proposal that the money can be distributed now WITHOUT any need for a decision on what to do with the season was 'action' to be honest.

Obviously not what you personally would like but its hardly a statement full of words with no follow-up as you suggest.

Reading between the lines it's clear the bheasts are up to their usual manipulating and conniving to get their tainted title.

I`ve been saying all along, that the relegation issues are far greater for clubs in this country.
People are drawn to the top of the league, quite naturally, but to relegate clubs who have a real fighting chance of staying up, is criminal.
Well done Rangers for concentrating on this, the most important issue.

I get the feeling we will have already sounded out clubs about this.

If I was a lower league club I'd like prize money now along with the hope games could be played further down the line with the possibility to bring more money in through the gate.

At last, someone actually saying that you don't have to award Celtic the title to distribute prize money.

There you go, Rangers.

Do not let these snake bastards slither away with an un-won title in the same way they're attempting to slither away from five decades of seemingly-rampant child abuse.

I'd argue that some just like to argue. You dont know where we stand legally, so all this noise about doing this or doing that is worthless.

Its got noithing to do with arguing? Its got everything to do with them trying to use the current situation as an underhand means of handing the mentally challengeds the title on a plate. If a Rangers board lies down and accepts something like that the game is a bogey.

Fine statement, but won’t matter. Celtic will be gifted the league, Hearts will ‘stay up’ due to reconstruction. Welcome to Scotland.

Bringing relegation into obviously brings Hearts to the front but let's not kid ourselves Hearts will look after themselves,they will avoid relegation and back the Scum yet again as they did in making sure we where kicked down the league's.
Have to agree with you mate.
For a middle ground Hearts could be offered, no relegation, with celtic given the league...I could see them accepting that.

I support our Clubs excellent statement and will not doubt their intentions to follow up on what they have stated.

I will leave it to the mentally challengeds and the rest of our enemies to doubt, twist or ridicule our statement or the ability of us to follow up on it.

Surely them, Hollicom and their so called journalists will attack it more than enough without help from some of our own.

When they read through these forums and see the very obvious split in our support and some agreeing with them they must think job done.

It’s just the narrative that they’re adopting to give CeItic what they want.

Last time it was sporting 8ntegrity.
Yeh and I think the club has spotted a loophole to split the narrative, by asking the clubs to a vote on releasing prize monies. That's a good tactic to be going forward with.

Back