Club statement - the current circumstances and increased speculation surrounding the ongoing impact of the Coronavirus pandemic on Scottish football

Because they've done it countless times in the past and history teaches us its likely to happen again. Everyone on this forum should be wary of the board rolling over until they prove otherwise.
What more can they do. This might not be a case of rolling over. They may not have a legal leg to stand on. I dont know this and neither does anyone else. In fact even people in the legal profession couldn't give you a straight answer. This is unchartered territory throughout the football world, not just the spfl.

As I've said frequently on this matter, tying in the declaring of champions, relegation etc is NOT and never has been tied into the releasing of funds for league positions. Give the bottom 4 the minimum they would be guaranteed; for example give each of them the amount for finishing bottom. Give the top two the prize money equating to second place. Give Motherwell and Aberdeen the money appropriate for 4th place.

Get the vast, vast majority of the money out there to clubs now. You don't need to hold it back until positions are finalised. It can be fine-tuned at a later date.
Its the big carrot the SPFL are using though isn't it.

Don't give out the prize money until member clubs have voted & approved final standings, potential reconstruction, Timmy's tainted title (another f$ckin one), don't approve then you aint getting any money anytime soon.

Are the club wanting prize money paid out based on current standings?
I would have liked more clarity on this.

If we seek prize money based on current standings, we have no leg to stand on when it comes to opposing Celtic being crowned champions.

I'd rather we sought an equal distribution of prize money across the 12 clubs.

Fine statement it gives some teams a chance to back us. We need other teams to help us no matter how unpalatable it is that's politics folks. We need to gain some power to fight the fight

They’re getting their title either way, we might as well get used to that notion because it WILL happen. It’s just a question of how hard we fight back and how far are willing to go in terms of legal action.

But I’ll tell you right now, since this all happened Lawwell and the his mates at the SFA will have been looking at every possible avenue to ensure they get their title, assessing every possible obstacle along the way and any and every loop hole that they may be able to exploit. You can bet your house on it.
Well it's up to us and hopefully others to be every bit determined as they 19th Century Terrorist cunts .

We are putting forward a resolution thats action is it not.
On funding for the good of Scottish football.

We have been good at putting out statement. I'll be interested to see what our reaction is to the other issues.

The statement referring to the relegation issues infers the scum should not be crowned champions. However this can be bypassed with league reconstruction and another tainted title.
Hey presto, all Jock Tamsons Bairns can celebrate and it’s only those British/ Unionist Huns who get shafted yet again.

For me the most important part of the statement is the fact that we are putting forward a proposal to be voted on.

There has been way too much written about the SPFL deciding this or that to give the mentally challengeds the Premier League title.

They can't, any proposal or more importantly changes to the rules to allow this will have to be voted on by the current Clubs.

The mentally challengeds started their campaign as soon as the crisis was announced, which only made them look like the desperate, self centred and callous c#nts that they are.

We have waited, listened to their constant attempts from various angles to make the only outcome they are interested in happen.

Now we have made an excellent, timely statement with the ONLY alternative proposal to their narrative.

I think we have played a blinder and them with their expensive PR company have made a total ar#e of this situation.

I also think sometimes our Board and our new head of communications can't win no matter what they do.

I would have liked more clarity on this.

If we seek prize money based on current standings, we have no leg to stand on when it comes to opposing Celtic being crowned champions.

I'd rather we sought an equal distribution of prize money across the 12 clubs.

Thats not how I read it.

I read it that the money shared evenly.

A good statement but action is needed more than words. Thats the warning shot. They better not be afraid to act on it.

The problem we have is we are one club out of 42, we need a consensus from other clubs, we can't do this alone.

The only action we have is to refuse away tickets next year, but that doesnt fit with trying to help Scottish football. Though I hope this is the carrot at this time, and the stick of refusing tickets is the stick.

OP should add a link
No need to copy and paste, our website is the only one we actually want to get the hits

Thats not how I read it.

I read it that the money shared evenly.
I'd say the 42 clubs but it would scare the shit out of the Celtic accountants and SPL sides living above their means. I also worry accepting 2nd place prize money won't open us up legally to accepting a 2nd place finish

This is a clusterfcuk of massive proportions and is yet another embarrassing watershed moment in Scottish football. The collateral and reputationial damage to the game cannot be underestimated. The clamour to pander again to one club has rippled through the leagues. The moral decision should be to provide clubs with financial security. Whether that means less for the premiership teams then so be it. I have faith that the new Chairman will not accept this either.

I’ve been a proponent of divvying all prize league monies evenly between all member clubs as a one off gesture of solidarity, n exchange for no winners no relegation

We've discussed this before mate. It would never get the votes from the requisite number of Premier League clubs - be that 9 or 11 depending on the type of Resolution it required.

It's a good statement. For those looking for action, the action is the members resolution, which will now have to be discussed and voted on. If prize money is distributed on an even keel for the good of scottish football smaller clubs with a vote arent at the end of a gun barrel, feeling pressured into saying seasons over with current standings.

So are the SPFL trying to fix it so they get the title and we’re basically saying you’re not doing that? Is that what I’m reading?

Prize money for the leagues is on a sliding scale based on placing, and essentially the SPFL are and have been saying “well we can’t distribute prize money because we don’t know who will finish where”. This is why there is a rush to call the season finished so they can distribute money to clubs.

We are proposing that the prize money and result of competitions are two entirely different issues, and that prize money can be at least substantially advanced to clubs without having to ‘call’ the season yet.

They’re getting their title either way, we might as well get used to that notion because it WILL happen. It’s just a question of how hard we fight back and how far are willing to go in terms of legal action.

But I’ll tell you right now, since this all happened Lawwell and the his mates at the SFA will have been looking at every possible avenue to ensure they get their title, assessing every possible obstacle along the way and any and every loop hole that they may be able to exploit. You can bet your house on it.
definitely and you can bet that where referenced "lawyers have looked over the legalities", it has either been passed via Celtic's lawyers or indirectly pointed them in such a direction. i say we bankrupt the %^*& out of the SPFL and take them & the SFA to CAS. see who will run out of cash the quickest

Excellent statement which cuts through the nonsense being pedalled. Of course Clubs need money but why this had to be linked to giving the Filth the title was always a poorly disguised threat. We have now come up with a proposal blowing this out the water. Frankly I’m sick and disgusted with the concerted attempts by them to lift a tainted prize at a time when people all over the country are losing friends and loved ones. Horrible people

That’s a good statement we need to look after the whole of Scottish football
not individual clubs . Long Road ahead ..

Really do not care for statements. Whilst it says the right things, action is what is necessary.

Also the continued release of statements has an effect of diluting the impact of them. However, I am accutely aware that I do not have a better alternative to offer.

Bullseye nothing mate. I'm sure other folk will say headshot or whatever else as well. It's only meaningful if strongly worded statements are followed up by actions!
Club are fvcked regardless of what they do with a section of our own

if they don’t back it up then fair enough with your point but at least wait and see what happens fs

This is a clusterfcuk of massive proportions and is yet another embarrassing watershed moment in Scottish football. The collateral and reputationial damage to the game cannot be underestimated. The clamour to pander again to one club has rippled through the leagues. The moral decision should be to provide clubs with financial security. Whether that means less for the premiership teams then so be it. I have faith that the new Chairman will not accept this either.
There was even a thistle supporting journalist on the radio today giving it “ah well fair is fair if we get relegated”

Absolutet spellbound by the mentally challengeds, the lot of them.

Fair statement, we should now publicise the resolution we are proposing, and what the current rules are to show what sporting integrity requires.

Apologies if this has already been highlighted but I think there is another point that we haven't made yet. Fifa have announced that players whose contract expires in the summer can be retained until the end of the season. If the spfl call this early and UEFA want us to complete the leverkusen tie then we could be disadvantaged by not having the full European squad available. We should be highlighting this #thinkofthecoefficient

I meant across the leagues.

Give every club 2.38% of the pie.

Yeah, I know what you meant from our previous discussion. However, as I pointed out then, votes are not taken on an all-clubs basis. Even with the SPFL proposal today, which is a basic Ordinary Resolution, the voting required is 9-3 (75%) in the Premier League, 8-2 (75%) in the Championship and 15-5 (75%) combined from the other two leagues. You can say its all the one league as many times as you like - but its not a league of equals, as the voting regime clearly shows. Nine Premier League clubs would not vote for equal distribution, not a chance in hell.

I think you should read the statement again
I could read it 100 times mates it's still just a statement. I'll see how it plays out before criticising, likewise though I'll not be delighted with it until there is an outcome.

Reactions: SSR
Its a very fair balanced statement putting the future of the game as the main concern and distances us from any tainted titles or relegations, highlighting the integrity of completing the season.

We couldn't ask for much more right now.

A solid 24h for the club

Won’t we lose out on Europe next season if the league is null and voided though? I would much rather chose Europe over a null and void season, if that’s what it boils down to.

I think it’s inevitable that they’ll be crowned champions.

Its hearts I feel sorry for (maybe)
Im sure last week some trollop from uefa said if youve been gifted a title you dont get a European place ??
Ffs who knows

They want the current proposal amended.

That will come in the form of league restructuring to ensure that no teams are relegated in any of the divisions.
Scum trying to shoehorn clubs accepting the carve up with prize money bribes. Despicable and should be outed and called out

Sick of statements with no action following up and being completely out-thought and outfought in any battles like this with the dark side.

Reactions: SSR
I was just about to say the same. Robertson has obviously sat there listening to the game being played. He has found it so disgusting he has instructed this statement to go out almost immediately after the meeting ended. We should all be very concerned. This is a stitch up good and proper.

I would be amazed if Robertson and others haven't sounded out other teams with this proposal and got their reaction, before releasing this statement.

I see it as a positive move.

Good start,but we will have to wait whether we like it or not for the filth to object,alter,or what ever then once everyone's cards on the table we will see, but make no mistake these east enders want the title above anything else.

Back