Club Statement

I understand how it all works and it is disappointing that Castore aren’t in a position to cut off their nose to spite their face but that’s business. In an ideal world we would never see a Rangers top in their tat shops again but financially we have to look at the bigger picture
Totally agree that Castore can't boycott such a big player but the bastard raped our club. Rangers supporters should not even give him oxygen.

The thread was started by a poster who joined on Saturday and this was his only post.

Not saying that this won't be the case but I will take his information with a shovel of salt.

Probably wise in that case but also easily verifiable for anyone who wanted to check.

I hope come the 1st August loads of shops are stocked with our kit. Mine is ordered anyway but i want to see it fly off the shelves and fund players like Hagi

Eh? The 50k were the ones we've almost sold out of online yesterday and today. The next batch on August 1st will again be online and in SD (and hopefully the Ibrox Store). We don't know how many will be made available at that time.

https://preorder.rangers.co.uk
Pre-order for delivery 1st August. Only 50,000 units available in the first drop.

You and I along with Sports Direct will get their shirts on the 1st August.

If SD have the shirts in on the 1st August for sale as they said they would, it either means SD have a % of the 50,000 shirts or that Castore could have made more shirts available on their website.

If SD have used the term “exclusively” can Rangers/Castore not have them done for false representation?

https://preorder.Rangers.co.uk
Pre-order for delivery 1st August. Only 50,000 units available in the first drop.

If SD have the shirts in on the 1st August for sale as they said they would, it either means SD have a % of the 50,000 shirts or that Castore could have made more shirts available on their website.

Over 40k of the 50k were sold yesterday, none of them are for SD

https://preorder.Rangers.co.uk

There are 50,000 available to order now (or were). Seperate entirely from any that get stocked on the high street that day.

Over 40k of the 50k were sold yesterday, none of them are for SD
So, Castore have more than 50,000 ready to be sent to punters and SD on the 1st August then.

Why could they not make more available to the punters direct on the 1st August?

Castore website only has S, M & L in SS; the punters after an XL or above will if they want a kit day 1 need to go to SD. That isn't right.

So, Castore have more than 50,000 ready to be sent to punters and SD on the 1st August then.

Castore website only has S, M & L in SS; the punters after an XL or above will if they want a kit day 1 need to go to SD. That isn't right.

Why would they not make more available on 1st August, where are you reading that? I'm assuming our kits will be available for order online and in our stores on the day they launch.

Correct. It isn't right as in your post is not accurate.

The 50,000 is clearly just tops that are ready now to be pre ordered and delivered that morning to the buyer.

The Rangers store is opening on August 1st and there will be plenty there plus you will be able to buy them online as of August 1st as well.

Why would they not make more available on 1st August, where are you reading that? I'm assuming our kits will be available for order online and in our stores on the day they launch.
They may well make them available 1st August (who knows when they'll be delivered), the fact is SD will have them in stores on that day.

So sell them on your site direct to punters.

They are mate. I'm lost, this isn't difficult. Batch one was 50,000 units via Castore website. Batch 2 is an as yet undisclosed number to high street, Rangers store and Castore website. That's in addition to the 50,000 made available yesterday. If you wanted a size you had to get in early it was a limited release presale. 25,000 people managed it just fine

If there will be no strips in the shop on August 1st, what's the big rush to have it open. Lots of confusion here.

Its not that complicated. On August 1st SD will stock the strip, as will Castore online and fingers crossed the Ibrox Store. I hope Greaves have it too but nobody has confirmed and one guy claims to have called them and JD and been told they won't have it then

Correct. It isn't right as in your post is not accurate.

The 50,000 is clearly just tops that are ready now to be pre ordered and delivered that morning to the buyer.

The Rangers store is opening on August 1st and there will be plenty there plus you will be able to buy them online as of August 1st as well.

Hallelujah some sense at last

PLEASE buy direct from the club. Hand on heart Im think we are being fibbed to a little in that statement so simply buy direct from the club. Pisses me off that somehow Phil 3 names had a bead on this.

New loyal orange 3rd/European kit to be launched night of the 11th please.

If a retailer buys a load of gear to sell on there’s not much we can do about it is there? Or have got the wrong end of the stick?

You’re suggesting that Castore are going to supply Fat mike with strips before ensuring they have more than adequate supply for their own outlets?
Totally missing the point, if everyone is saying they will only buy from Castore online or from the new superstore, when all the regular sizes are sold out there will be only one place you can buy them from, all the regular sizes are already sold out, Ashley will get a fair amount of stock for his shops,thus reducing the availablity for those intent on only buying from Castore or the new shop at Ibrox. That then leaves people with only one choice or wait weeks. People will buy it from Ashleys shops,let's not kid ourselves here.

PLEASE buy direct from the club. Hand on heart Im think we are being fibbed to a little in that statement so simply buy direct from the club. Pisses me off that somehow Phil 3 names had a bead on this.

New loyal orange 3rd/European kit to be launched night of the 11th please.

If it helps out your mind at ease, I can confirm Mad Phil knows the square root of fuck all about our retail deal.

“What Sports Direct looked for in order not to exercise their legal right to match was an ability to sell a limited number of Rangers product, as occurs commonly with club kit partners and high street retailers, again that is not in any way strange of different and would be the case in other deals.”

As suspected previously, its a deal between Rangers & Sports Direct that was made. Theres feck all wrong with it, and nobody would have cared if they were just honest about it.

Lot of folk been chastised on this thread for alluding to this.

“What Sports Direct looked for in order not to exercise their legal right to match was an ability to sell a limited number of Rangers product, as occurs commonly with club kit partners and high street retailers, again that is not in any way strange of different and would be the case in other deals.”

As suspected previously, its a deal between Rangers & Sports Direct that was made. Theres feck all wrong with it, and nobody would have cared if they were just honest about it.

No it wasn’t, it’s a deal between our kit manufacturers and SD. RFC have no deal with SD.

If that's part of the price of getting out from under, I've no problems with it at all. If it's part of the price to be free to sell 50,000 shirts in a tad over a day, then bring it on.

In recent years, we've spent too much time being penny wise and pound foolish. Nice to reverse it for a change.

I suspect this is the case too, so I understand why us and Castore are taking the relatively calm positions we have.

It’s a bit like having the choice of Graham Norton either shagging you up the arse or wanking you off. You’d rather choose neither, but if you had to you’d pick the latter, as ultimately that mainly benefits you far more than it benefits him, unlike the former.

I think my analogies need work.

It turns out that my analogy may have been quite accurate :D

So let me get this right, the single use of a word in the SD social media channels had fans on here threatening to return their items without even waiting on an update from Rangers? Those who did should be ashamed of themselves.

As is normal in almost all Clubs across the U.K. stock is going to be supplied by retail outlets such as SD to maximise income revenue, the message is clear - buy direct at OUR store or online.

That was always the message from the club as far back as I remember.

Buy direct, support the club etc.

It would be daft not to have a wholesale avenue to go down too though. Eats into the margin a bit but reaches a far wider audience. Some non rangers fan picking up the top in London for example might then look at the website for more stuff.

So we're still dealing indirectly with Sports Direct, who will also benefit from selling our tops (which they will, not everyone will get direct from Castore). That wasn't the narrative presented to us before the launch.
Not if we don't buy from there, which we absolutely shouldn't

So let me get this right, the single use of a word in the SD social media channels had fans on here threatening to return their items without even waiting on an update from Rangers? Those who did should be ashamed of themselves.

As is normal in almost all Clubs across the U.K. stock is going to be supplied by retail outlets such as SD to maximise income revenue, the message is clear - buy direct at OUR store or online.
I agree with all you say. I still think the club should have anticipated the slant from SD and the reaction and had a statement ready to go immediately.

If they don’t open that shop on time for the 1st, the meltdown on here will be something else.
There’s not many, if any, shopfitting contracts that run over time. Even if the opening date is brought forward by two weeks.

Back